PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 11/26/09

Each ROM I make has graphical errors... the entire HTC Sense is placed too low, to there is a bit of background visible at the top and the bottom of the tabs are cut off. the start, phone and menu buttons at the bottom look like they have errors

I dont edit too much. So, I load your template (the lastest sys) . add or remove whatever apps I want, save it as my rom, and then click Create rom and flash it??
or am I doing it wrong

Last edited by Wond3r; 11-29-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 11/26/09

Anybody remember what packages neeed to be removed to get rid of HTC Messaging? I thought I read over @ xda that you also needed to remove Text Input or Selections ... something like that?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO CDMA

scout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Anybody remember what packages neeed to be removed to get rid of HTC Messaging? I thought I read over @ xda that you also needed to remove Text Input or Selections ... something like that?

Under tweaks, "Amarullz no messaging client"

And I include Arcsoft messaging client, works good on sprint.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

So you just selected the tweak and didn't remove the packages? Or did both?

Edit: Nevermind, had to remove HTC Messaging which is what i figured due to OMJ's post about removing Footprints a while back

Last edited by Vancer; 11-29-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Diamond

pwnsicle is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Hello,
Just started playing with this, tried to make one without google maps but it was still in my ROM when I flashed it.
Anyone else having issues with this? Using Sys 28002.
i'm not sure what exactly causes the error, but i have the same problem with the visual kitchens and somebody told me that it was a corrupted "tools" folder. what you can do is delete the whole kitchen and redownload it. if you plan on making multiple roms, make a copy (copy and paste not cut and past) of the "tools" folder in a seperate loation and whenever you're going to cook a new rom, replace the old tools folder with the copy.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Hello,
Just started playing with this, tried to make one without google maps but it was still in my ROM when I flashed it.
Google Maps is a requirement of the Manila 2.5 (i'm pretty sure) due to it's location services. That package you are referring to that you left out is an additional package left over from earlier roms/builds. That's why you didn't select it but Google Maps was still in your rom.

If you look in EXT\Shared\013_HTCSense_1920_Common you will find the GPS_GMM_3... package that is in your rom
Old 11-30-2009, 07:54 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigital View Post
i'm still a beginner with cooking, i've cooked a few 21055 6.1 roms with omj's kitchen but everytime i do the htc messaging client start to act funny like freezing up and other bugs, is it supposed to be fully working yet or should i be using nomsg?

also when there is duplicate entries in the kitchen like htc scroll version 1.0 and htc scroll version 2.0 do i need to add them both or just the latest one?? thanks guys
nomsg was not fully functioning yet.....but there has been an update, I'm testing now

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
omj, added the htc no client fix and the new bg4all, getting a "[error] please check HTCLOG" and sense wont load. any ideas?

I havent seen that, did you download the latest updates from xda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
How can I customize the 6.5.3 start menu to have more folders and have everything inside a folder? (like Mysery's ROM)

Btw. my anti virus said the CHome editor.dll files are trojans for some reason
well adding more folders is easy, when your modifying the path of a shortcut, just insert the new folder name. Now having a custom folder icon is another story. Look in my EXT named Icons - Start menu, look at the app.reg for the registry settings for each icon, the icons are in the files folders. you would need to add icons & registry settings for each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
Each ROM I make has graphical errors... the entire HTC Sense is placed too low, to there is a bit of background visible at the top and the bottom of the tabs are cut off. the start, phone and menu buttons at the bottom look like they have errors

I dont edit too much. So, I load your template (the lastest sys) . add or remove whatever apps I want, save it as my rom, and then click Create rom and flash it??
or am I doing it wrong
no, but you may be removing something that is needed. load, add/remove, create, flash

did u remove Interceptor or aNatives position fix? one of those is needed for 6.5.x roms

Quote:
Hello,
yep, just as Vance said, GPS_GMM is google maps

I dont thinks its a requirement though....i think manila uses googlelocationservice package
Old 11-30-2009, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

I dont thinks its a requirement though....i think manila uses googlelocationservice package
GPS_GMM is not required to make 2.5 work.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

Great, will try cooking something up tonight, just want to save some room and install GMaps to Internal Storage.
Thanks!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

86gn is becoming a great contributor

Working in the kitchen and building a 6.5 rom using your template and everything is going good! have a question, I figured out how to put the shortcuts to the programs that I have added to the folder I want to but can not figure out how to move some of the ones around that you have already in place. Like I want to put File Explorer in the programs folder and I looked and found inflashes.dat and the only copy of it was in the temp foler and when I changed the file path there it did not move.

any help?

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development