PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Cordy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 11/26/09

I hadn't flashed my phone in a while, but I grabbed your 1.3 kitchen and added/replaced the EXT's with the ones on your ftp. I also grabbed the 2800* sys' from your ftp and built a rom with 28008. Seems to be very snappy and everything I use is working. The only things I noticed is the phone settings are not there no matter how I try to access them. Through the dialer, settings, or touchflo. And also Windows Live won't work for me.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:06 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 11/26/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Ok for all the people with ezinput sip menu issues....

Credit goes to theboostman here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=272

I re-flashed last night and this has worked all day with none of the ill effects mentioned in the post.

First... I'm using the 21870 SYS in this kitchen so I don't know if it will work on 6.5.x SYS'

Second... I'm using this keyboard in the kitchen:
SIP - Nikoan89 Compact-Phone Keypad EzInput 2.1.1917.1325.00

Ok, for me, the reg edit mentioned in theboosman's post was not needed.

All I had to do was get his patched Bio Touch.dll and put it in \Windows and soft reset. I have no idea why this works (and don't really care ) but it does.

I'm attaching the file from theboostman's post

@OMJ, could i just drop this in the files folder of the EXT and it will be dumped in \Windows so I don't have to do it post flash?
very nice vancer....yes, just drop it in a ext folder and it will get dumped in.

I tried this on my latest 28008 rom. It works, but if I hit the keyboard button to open the keyboard, I have to hit it a 2nd time & then the menu will open. Problem is, when u hit it a 2nd time the keyboard is suppose to close. so now, there's no way to close except exit out of the app your in. Is it different on 6.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy View Post
I hadn't flashed my phone in a while, but I grabbed your 1.3 kitchen and added/replaced the EXT's with the ones on your ftp. I also grabbed the 2800* sys' from your ftp and built a rom with 28008. Seems to be very snappy and everything I use is working. The only things I noticed is the phone settings are not there no matter how I try to access them. Through the dialer, settings, or touchflo. And also Windows Live won't work for me.
I think I uploaded that sys prematurely, I'll upload the one I'm using now.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Cordy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I think I uploaded that sys prematurely, I'll upload the one I'm using now.
Ok Thanks, I'll try rebuilding with the new one once it's uploaded. Otherwise everything is running solid here for me.

edit-Is the 28008.2 7z in your Kitchen the reuploaded one? I assume it is. Also I take it I can just replace the 28008 in the sys folder and the ones inside the diamond/shared folders in Rom can remain unchanged.

Last edited by Cordy; 12-04-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:30 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy View Post
Ok Thanks, I'll try rebuilding with the new one once it's uploaded. Otherwise everything is running solid here for me.

edit-Is the 28008.2 7z in your Kitchen the reuploaded one? I assume it is. Also I take it I can just replace the 28008 in the sys folder and the ones inside the diamond/shared folders in Rom can remain unchanged.
yes, thats it.....to be on the safe side, I just uploaded the 28008 rom files, grab them too
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

mucky is becoming a great contributor

OMJ,
Is there a way to add the city I live in to the weather tab, if it's not in the data base? When I try it, A) it doesn't show up and B) I get 7 cities in different countries. If I add a city in the database, it's fine. I thought if you had the NAM setting, it wouldn't matter if it was in the data base.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

liriel is keeping up the good workliriel is keeping up the good work

For the new EXTs you uploaded to the FTP, where in the kitchen do I put the two Manila_1921_VGA_HOME_12_Quicklinks* folders?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:48 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Hey Buddy,

I saw that PPCK put out a 21882 SYS. Any chance you could grab it for this kitchen? (you know me being a 6.5 guy) I don't know what changed but I do know that they usually don't put out a new SYS unless there are some improvements and it is pretty well tested and stable.

I'd grab it but haven't learned yet about all the recmodding stuff nor would I know how to convert it for VK.
yeah I can add it, but the only one I found was QVGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucky View Post
OMJ,
Is there a way to add the city I live in to the weather tab, if it's not in the data base? When I try it, A) it doesn't show up and B) I get 7 cities in different countries. If I add a city in the database, it's fine. I thought if you had the NAM setting, it wouldn't matter if it was in the data base.

Thanks
try using this format:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Weather.CityList"="NAM|US|FL|ORLANDO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by liriel View Post
For the new EXTs you uploaded to the FTP, where in the kitchen do I put the two Manila_1921_VGA_HOME_12_Quicklinks* folders?
technically you can put them anywhere below the original WVGA files, but I threw them into the HTCSense_Tweaks folder

I am also going to upload the entire zipped v1.4 kitchen, maybe tonight
Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Hey OMJ can you add a link to your FTP to the first post? It should make it easier for those who looking for the most recent files. TIA

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-04-2009, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

mucky is becoming a great contributor

OMJ,
Orlando works fine, that's what you originally had. Orlando is in the database.
I put NAM|US|MI|HOLLY and NAM|US|TX|ALLEN and neither worked. It made 7 other cities in other countries show up instead
Old 12-04-2009, 03:38 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yeah I can add it, but the only one I found was QVGA

try using this format:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Weather.CityList"="NAM|US|FL|ORLANDO"

technically you can put them anywhere below the original WVGA files, but I threw them into the HTCSense_Tweaks folder

I am also going to upload the entire zipped v1.4 kitchen, maybe tonight
Here you go, Da_reeseboy released the VGA 21882 for VK. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...44&postcount=3

I have tested and cooked with it. Works great.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development