PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.1 / WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21055/21870/23504 | 11/20/

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
most people will get them from various kitchens, sometimes people w/ post the EXT w/ their cab, or you can make your own. 1st convert cab to oem, then oem to ext....I'll post the tools mwalt gave me tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
LOL!!
The attached zip will convert directly from cab to ext ... read the readme txt, it will convert stuff a few different ways and tells you how
Thanks and thanks!!

Old 11-27-2009, 10:34 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.1 / WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21055/21870/23504 | 11/20/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
I got it for ya OMJ

The attached zip will convert directly from cab to ext ... read the readme txt, it will convert stuff a few different ways and tells you how
thx buddy!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: bell

bobbydigital is a n00b

ok so I made my first rom 6.1 thanks to your wonderful kitchenand ervius's awesome kitchen tool but I had one problem and one question someone can help with

1st my htc messaging is still buggy was it fixed yet or did I have a bad flash also the time stamp on incoming msg's is 7 hrs ahead is there a fix for this?

Second when using ervius how do I package up the nbh file and save on my computer?
thanks in advance for the help
Old 11-27-2009, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO CDMA

scout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigital View Post
ok so I made my first rom 6.1 thanks to your wonderful kitchenand ervius's awesome kitchen tool but I had one problem and one question someone can help with

1st my htc messaging is still buggy was it fixed yet or did I have a bad flash also the time stamp on incoming msg's is 7 hrs ahead is there a fix for this?

Second when using ervius how do I package up the nbh file and save on my computer?
thanks in advance for the help

It will be in the C:\OMJ Sense HTC Kitchen v1.3\Release_Diamond folder.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: bell

bobbydigital is a n00b

you mean after i pressed create rom and it went to the ruu flash screen, it automatically placed it in that folder also?
Old 11-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigital View Post
you mean after i pressed create rom and it went to the ruu flash screen, it automatically placed it in that folder also?
Yes, once VK is finished creating your rom, it is placed in the Release Diamond folder and that is actually where the RUU is launched from. You could go back at anytime (so long as you haven't ran another build) to the Release Diamond folder and run the RUU again and re-flash the last rom you built.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO CDMA

scout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good work
A bug ?

I’ve been having this issue with lockups and no resopnse from the power button. At first I thought it was the 12 icon home page ext. but now I think I’ve got it narrowed down. I use my phone as a watch, checking time by hitting the power button to glance at it and then hitting it again to shut it off. I think that what causes the power button to not work is that I power off before the sunny animation completes. After a period of time, like 2 or 3 minutes, the screen will come back on but the phone is locked up. Could someone else try the power off before the sunny animation completes to see if your phone locks up as well. Don’t woory, it’ll come back if you soft reset with the stylus in back.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Hi Everyone, noticed the Opera 10 ext package was moving all its files to program files resulting in a waste of space (around 10M+ as the original files still reside in windows dir). Now while this may be ideal with 2 versions of opera installed (as they both use the same config files in /profile), it makes no sense if Opera 10 is your only opera browser.

After playing around with Opera 10 a bit it seems it works perfectly fine from the windows directory. Doing so saves over 10M of space (I now have 49MB free). I also did the same for google maps as the provided GMM package also moves to program files. (not sure about this one though, I wonder if anyone knows if manila needs it to be in that location)

Here is my ext package for Opera 10. (it could conflict if you also included 9.7, but I have not tested that as I don't do it)

Opera10: Internet - Opera_Mobile_10.zip

Also if you want auto landscape rotation you can add these reg entries if you want (requires sensorsdk4). (has a few issues, which is why I didnt add it into the ext)

Here are the entries:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\M oduleName]
"Opera10"="\\Windows\\Opera10-armv4i.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\W hiteList]
"Opera10"="OM10-ML-MainWndClass"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Hi Everyone, noticed the Opera 10 ext package was moving all its files to program files resulting in a waste of space (around 10M+ as the original files still reside in windows dir). Now while this may be ideal with 2 versions of opera installed (as they both use the same config files in /profile), it makes no sense if Opera 10 is your only opera browser.

After playing around with Opera 10 a bit it seems it works perfectly fine from the windows directory. Doing so saves over 10M of space (I now have 49MB free). I also did the same for google maps as the provided GMM package also moves to program files. (not sure about this one though, I wonder if anyone knows if manila needs it to be in that location)

Here is my ext package for Opera 10. (it could conflict if you also included 9.7, but I have not tested that as I don't do it)

Opera10: Attachment 50139

Also if you want auto landscape rotation you can add these reg entries if you want (requires sensorsdk4). (has a few issues, which is why I didnt add it into the ext)

Here are the entries:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\M oduleName]
"Opera10"="\\Windows\\Opera10-armv4i.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\W hiteList]
"Opera10"="OM10-ML-MainWndClass"
very nice...I had completely forgot about duplicate files when moving is done.....have you cooked in your ext & made sure Opera 10 can be launched from the Internet tab?

thx
Old 11-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
very nice...I had completely forgot about duplicate files when moving is done.....have you cooked in your ext & made sure Opera 10 can be launched from the Internet tab?
Yep, functions exactly the same way. Its the default browser and launches from internet tab (and visual bookmarks).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development