View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 05:06 PM
omnicronx
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.1 / WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21055/21870/23504 | 11/20/

Hi Everyone, noticed the Opera 10 ext package was moving all its files to program files resulting in a waste of space (around 10M+ as the original files still reside in windows dir). Now while this may be ideal with 2 versions of opera installed (as they both use the same config files in /profile), it makes no sense if Opera 10 is your only opera browser.

After playing around with Opera 10 a bit it seems it works perfectly fine from the windows directory. Doing so saves over 10M of space (I now have 49MB free). I also did the same for google maps as the provided GMM package also moves to program files. (not sure about this one though, I wonder if anyone knows if manila needs it to be in that location)

Here is my ext package for Opera 10. (it could conflict if you also included 9.7, but I have not tested that as I don't do it)

Opera10: Internet - Opera_Mobile_10.zip

Also if you want auto landscape rotation you can add these reg entries if you want (requires sensorsdk4). (has a few issues, which is why I didnt add it into the ext)

Here are the entries:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\M oduleName]
"Opera10"="\\Windows\\Opera10-armv4i.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\W hiteList]
"Opera10"="OM10-ML-MainWndClass"
This post has been thanked 2 times.