PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Diamond
Carrier: sprint

bender29 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 23569 | 5/21

I've finally decided to upgrade my phone from MightyRom4 and wow, there's been a lot of reading I've had to catch up on!

I tried the Sense 2.1 21895 build, but had problems adding new contacts. I believe this has been reported by some other folks in this thread.

So I'm trying out the Sense 2.5 21895 build now, and it seems to be ok. I miss being able to use that Manila Today Page tab in Sense 2.5, but I believe Second Today is an able replacement.

One other thing I've noticed in trying all these new 6.5 roms is that I don't know how to go through a contact's other phone numbers in the Phone app.

For example, normally I would choose a contact from the Phone app by pressing the appropriate numbers that matched the letters to spell out the contact name (4-6-6-3 for the letters h-o-m-e). When the contact came up, I could then hit right or left on the d-pad to choose between their mobile, work, home, etc numbers and then dial it. But I can't seem to figure out how to do this now.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:22 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 23569 | 5/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender29 View Post
I've finally decided to upgrade my phone from MightyRom4 and wow, there's been a lot of reading I've had to catch up on!

I tried the Sense 2.1 21895 build, but had problems adding new contacts. I believe this has been reported by some other folks in this thread.

So I'm trying out the Sense 2.5 21895 build now, and it seems to be ok. I miss being able to use that Manila Today Page tab in Sense 2.5, but I believe Second Today is an able replacement.

One other thing I've noticed in trying all these new 6.5 roms is that I don't know how to go through a contact's other phone numbers in the Phone app.

For example, normally I would choose a contact from the Phone app by pressing the appropriate numbers that matched the letters to spell out the contact name (4-6-6-3 for the letters h-o-m-e). When the contact came up, I could then hit right or left on the d-pad to choose between their mobile, work, home, etc numbers and then dial it. But I can't seem to figure out how to do this now.
I usually 1st go to the people tab, if it's a fav, click on their name, if not a fav, click on All People then find contact
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 23569 | 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
let me clarify....the discount is not on the EVO but on my monthly bill.
Yeah. Spoke to my rep- I usually get nice discounts on the phones, but she told me they were going to be VERY limited in additional discounts on this phone.
I get a 25% business discount already... don't think that's going to get any better.
I heard that the $10/month fee was only if you wanted to use the phone as a WiFi hotspot. Is that what y'all are talking about?

Old 05-25-2010, 10:36 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 23569 | 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Yeah. Spoke to my rep- I usually get nice discounts on the phones, but she told me they were going to be VERY limited in additional discounts on this phone.
I get a 25% business discount already... don't think that's going to get any better.
I heard that the $10/month fee was only if you wanted to use the phone as a WiFi hotspot. Is that what y'all are talking about?
no, the $10 fee is required for all....it's for having a "awesome phone", lol

the wifi hotspot costs $30 mo, but now that the EVO's been rooted, it will be free
Old 05-26-2010, 01:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond cdma WM 6.5.5 OMJ - Radio 1.10.00F
Carrier: movilnet

contactame is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 23569 | 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactame View Post
I really appreciate it but, i´m installing your latest version , thank you so much guys!
Guys i´ve installed latest version and works great! actually phone is cool all the time... not warm, everything works perfectly. I had a lot of troubles with GPS but not now

Thank you guys!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

jefferskn is a n00b

I just installed the OMJ_Diamond_Sense_2.5_23569_Co0kie_v1.2 which is my first custom ROM and so far I am really liking it. It made my GPS work again which was the main reason I started looking for a new ROM because a hard reset did not fix my GPS. I think OMJ's ROM has all the bells and whistles that the stock ROM should have had and is so much quicker than the stock ROM. I'm still getting used to not having an X in the upper right corner to close out programs but other than that I really like the work you have done OMJ. Thanks
Old 05-26-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
probably not, you didn't mention which ROM you're using....the latest 23569 v1.2 does not have the Amarullz Messaging mod, it has Kimi's. It may or may not have the issue.
Oh, don't know the exact difference between that two. I'm using the latest. I have 2000 txt messages with my wife, and when using contact, it took 10 seconds to get into the message tab or switch from it. But even after clear the memory and only import the contacts without any other, getting to txt msgs tab still takes 1 to 2 seconds. It's really an eye candy thing, looks good, but slooowww.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ST1N6R4y is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
Is anyone having a problem answering calls? I use the slide to answer and the slide goes all the way over but it never answers the calls. If anyone has had this problem, is there a fix for it?

It's a registry edit. When you flash a new ROM you have to change one of the registry keys from GPRS to #777 (i'm on Telus so I don't know if this number is standard or what)

Go to HKLM->Comm->ConnMgr->Planner->Settings->SuspendResume and Change to #777

Hope that helps.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
no, the $10 fee is required for all....it's for having a "awesome phone", lol

the wifi hotspot costs $30 mo, but now that the EVO's been rooted, it will be free
i saw the root video

cant wait
Old 05-26-2010, 08:28 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
i saw the root video

cant wait

well, making progress....just cooked my first EVO rom today
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development