PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 07:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Turbopowr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Anyone else having the following issue?

Sometimes when I open a text message window to reply to a message, I am able to enter only the first letter in the message box and then the keyboard hides it self. When I pull the keyboard back out and start typing again, it again hides it self. I usually end up soft-reseting in order to be able to send a message. This is extremely frustrating when you want to make a quickly respond to a message.

It seems to happen when there is a "new" message that hasn't been read yet. I say "new" because the message has been read, but the phone still thinks it's new.
I have experienced this same issue a few times, but not very often. I just have to close out of messaging completely and get back into it and it starts working again. I haven't had to soft-reset to fix it.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

brc64 is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Anyone else having the following issue?

Sometimes when I open a text message window to reply to a message, I am able to enter only the first letter in the message box and then the keyboard hides it self. When I pull the keyboard back out and start typing again, it again hides it self. I usually end up soft-reseting in order to be able to send a message. This is extremely frustrating when you want to make a quickly respond to a message.

It seems to happen when there is a "new" message that hasn't been read yet. I say "new" because the message has been read, but the phone still thinks it's new.
I don't know if this is what you're experiencing, but I often see something similar which pretty much boils down to me being impatient. There seems to be a longer than usual delay in bringing up the keyboard when I'm in the manila SMS screen, so often times I'll tap on the input field, the keyboard doesn't immediately pop up, so I'll tap the keyboard button. This results the keyboard immediately closing after it opens. Or something like that.

The fix for me is to just be patient, and wait about 5 seconds before pressing anything. This may be different from what you're experiencing, I don't know.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:19 AM
myn
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Supersonic

myn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OMJ: I used to run your roms on my vogue. Now my wife runs your roms on her Diamond. Excellent work as always!

I was wondering, Does GTX Sense 2.5 work on these roms? When I tried it, it didn't look anything like it. Only the clock changed.

Thanks again
Old 04-06-2010, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by myn View Post
OMJ: I used to run your roms on my vogue. Now my wife runs your roms on her Diamond. Excellent work as always!

I was wondering, Does GTX Sense 2.5 work on these roms? When I tried it, it didn't look anything like it. Only the clock changed.

Thanks again
Make sure you use the GTX sense 2012 version. That one should work fine. Also, you probably already know, but soft-reset sense after installing the cab.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:31 PM
myn
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Supersonic

myn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, I tried the 2012 version and followed the installation instructions to a tea but it still doesn't render like it does on his screenshots.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TYTN
Carrier: Optimus

underboy2008 is a n00b

Hello,

I tried all of this roms on my Diamond. The setup runs fine but when the Diamond restarts it hangs on the "HTC DIAMOND" startup message.

Do i need some special type of hard spl? I also have read all of your post and cant boot any rom after sucefull instal.

The last one i tried was OMJ_Diamond_Sense_2.5_2012_23541_v1.2

I love the rom specs and dont understand way after a good instalation it cant boot up.

Sheers, Joao From Portugal
Old 04-06-2010, 01:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tspideyr is just getting started

I'm using the latest 6.5 Rom, and GTX sense 2.5 installed perfectly, like the screenshots, for 6.5. The only thing is that it consumed like 15MB of my Device memory and had to install cookie editor, cause it comes with a new version of cookie home. I am really happy with my phone, thanks OMJ!!...well at least until i get my HTC Evo 4G
Old 04-06-2010, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by myn View Post

Thanks again
I was using GTX Sense 2.5 for a few days after it was initially posted. Looked mostly like the screen shots posted on the thread. Became disenchanted after bumping into several bugs that many other vga users were also seeing like Sense crashing/relaunching in the calendar monthly view, no visible days in the yearly calendar, and some graphical glitches spread throughout. The last straw was when I installed the HD Mini Locker and my Diamond would no longer boot. Had to do a hard reset to get back up and running. Presumably some problems have been fixed with some service packs and some additional capabilities have been released like a compact GTX upgrade and a notification bar.

I'm still following, but I've decided to hold off on reinstalling to see if the problems really are fixed. Who knows? By then "I may be over" the initial appeal of this theme for Sense.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:34 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by underboy2008 View Post
Hello,

I tried all of this roms on my Diamond. The setup runs fine but when the Diamond restarts it hangs on the "HTC DIAMOND" startup message.

Do i need some special type of hard spl? I also have read all of your post and cant boot any rom after sucefull instal.

The last one i tried was OMJ_Diamond_Sense_2.5_2012_23541_v1.2

I love the rom specs and dont understand way after a good instalation it cant boot up.

Sheers, Joao From Portugal

you're not GSM are you? these ROMs are for CDMA only
Old 04-07-2010, 04:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TYTN
Carrier: Optimus

underboy2008 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
you're not GSM are you? these ROMs are for CDMA only
Thanks for your replay OMJ's... Yes my device and network are GSM... i will neve get my Diamond to the top without a rom like yours.

There is any chance to migrate the last one to a GSM version? I will Donate for your work.

Big thanks,
João
Portugal

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development