View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:27 AM
brc64
PPCGeeks Regular

brc64 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Anyone else having the following issue?

Sometimes when I open a text message window to reply to a message, I am able to enter only the first letter in the message box and then the keyboard hides it self. When I pull the keyboard back out and start typing again, it again hides it self. I usually end up soft-reseting in order to be able to send a message. This is extremely frustrating when you want to make a quickly respond to a message.

It seems to happen when there is a "new" message that hasn't been read yet. I say "new" because the message has been read, but the phone still thinks it's new.
I don't know if this is what you're experiencing, but I often see something similar which pretty much boils down to me being impatient. There seems to be a longer than usual delay in bringing up the keyboard when I'm in the manila SMS screen, so often times I'll tap on the input field, the keyboard doesn't immediately pop up, so I'll tap the keyboard button. This results the keyboard immediately closing after it opens. Or something like that.

The fix for me is to just be patient, and wait about 5 seconds before pressing anything. This may be different from what you're experiencing, I don't know.