PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

AdamW is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/15

max manila's a bit more dramatic than I was really hoping for, but thanks for the tip

edit: i suppose if I were dreaming what would be perfect is if Calendar showed usually, but Call History replaced it if you'd missed a call...

Last edited by AdamW; 01-17-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/15

Quote:
I will agree though, it is alot faster & more responsive even on the stock rom. Even though is has the same cpu as the Diamond, it must be the extra ram & just better design.
could be the native 6.5 nk too Only the diamond got left out on that.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There was another 2.1 Service Pack: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=420

I noticed you haven't updated the 2.1 builds in a few weeks. Just thought you should know before you do
Old 01-17-2010, 11:26 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Microsoft Push email

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbenedetti View Post
On the 28014 builds I have noticed a difference in the way Microsoft push email works.
1) On setup I am no longer asked to accept the certificate from my Exchange server
2) In order to do the first sync I actually have to load active sync..previously it syncd automatically after I set up Poutlook
4) There is no togle for Microsoft push email on the settings it seems to be replaced by the Active Sync item on the Data Service Settings
5) What is peak and off-peak..I can't get the off-peak setting to change from every 60 minutes to on receipt. I can change it but it doesn't stick after I click Done.

I love this ROM so I hope this problem (for me) is just temporary..or perhaps I am missing something.
1. i noticed that too...just one less step...
2. no toggle? default should be "as items arrive" which is push
3. I always chang off-peak to manually, default is "as items arrive", changed fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
i like the last two downloads. but i have 2 issues at precent with the latest:
-random rebooting. though it was related to using opera but from time to time the phone just reboots on its own(me not touching it) or while im using it.
-active sync seems to work( use it soley to sync with gmail) but for some reason today im not getting any off my emails...
have never seen a random reboot ever in my roms....I've had the device not wake up but never a random reboot

activesync working fin for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
OMJ

One bug I noticed with version 1.5 of the 28014 rom is that when scrolling through facebook pics through manila contacts the phone freezes after you scroll through about 10
in the world of custom roms (especially when using programs that were not intended for the Diamond!!), sometimes you have to live w/ minor inconveniences.....that's just the way it goes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
Just wanted to revive this from a few weeks back - so far OMJ is awesome (I'm on 6.5.3 / Sense 2.5), but this seems a bit weird. Some better missed call notification would be great. I can't even really click on the tiny icon on the top bar with a finger :/

Manila Locker shows the missed call but of course since the screen is...well...locked you can't do anything with it from that screen
if u hit the top bar pretty much anywhere, the enhanced notification should show.

you could always use Sense 2.1 which has the call history

hopefully there will be a mod created that will be easier to use....I know they made one for WVGA, but havent seen one for VGA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
could be the native 6.5 nk too Only the diamond got left out on that.
very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
There was another 2.1 Service Pack: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=420

I noticed you haven't updated the 2.1 builds in a few weeks. Just thought you should know before you do
one of these days I may get around to updating the 2.1 roms, I think everyone knows I pretty much stick to 2.5.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

omj: I dunno why but hitting the top bar just seems really unreliable in general to me :/ maybe my calibration isn't perfect, I'll fiddle with it. thanks. If I use 2.1 I miss all the 2.5 hotness =)

edit: it occurred to me you could fit calendar and call history on the Today screen in VGA if you just ditch the useless bar above the clock which only contains the name of the carrier, and a 'lock' icon...maybe I should suggest that to Max Manila though, seems more like a project for them than for you
Old 01-17-2010, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Install Max Manila 2.5 - v2.7 Main (beta).cab from here and you can have some icons that will display missed calls on the home screen. It changes the way some things look, but almost all of it is configurable by sliding down on the home screen. Make sure you slide down and change the resolution to VGA if you decide to install it. Read post #2 in the linked thread for what the different settings do.
So, in the end I tried this out, and got it how I want it - thanks. Only now of course Manila Locker doesn't work! Grah, perfection is so hard to reach
Old 01-17-2010, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
OMJ

One bug I noticed with version 1.5 of the 28014 rom is that when scrolling through facebook pics through manila contacts the phone freezes after you scroll through about 10
Hey OMJ and JQuill, it think if you do a search for TouchX - speed up screen scrolling - thier is a cab that seems to work on my diamond (i had the same issue with the contacts scrolling and pausing for a few secs.

Actually: I was able to find the link, lots of tweaks here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584415

BTW OMJ, I have no idea what you did with 1.4 but I am having the most battery life my diamond is ever had - I am into about 1.5-2 days and my battery is still at 51% - so at this point I am a bit scared to upgrade until I notice an issue that I can't live with or something comes into the ROM that I really want to have.

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.

Last edited by iggy; 01-17-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

jdw7985 is becoming a great contributor

I've searched but can't find a answer...are we able to use a panoramics wallpaper on 2.5? I found itr for 2.1 so I'm assuming it's not available.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bobbenedetti is becoming a great contributor
Re: Microsoft Push email

[QUOTE=OMJ;1495861]1. i noticed that too...just one less step...
2. no toggle? default should be "as items arrive" which is push
3. I always chang off-peak to manually, default is "as items arrive", changed fine for me.

Thank you.
The off peak defaulted to every 60 minutes and I want it to push all the time. But I finally figured it out, you have to do a sync after changing the settings or it won't take so now I'm OK
I'm still curious about how it eliminates the need to accept the certificate and Outlook Anywhere is usually pretty picky about that..one step less is fine with me.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

The00Stranger is a n00b

anyone else have a problem setting up Excange in activesync?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development