PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Is there any easier way to get to the Call History now other than clicking the Phone button, and then the right softkey Menu and then clicking Call History in the pop up? I'm loving Manila 2.5 overall, but I do miss having Call History on the front page.
You can give Max Manila 2.5 a try (2.7beta coming soon).

It will let you add "call log" "alarm" "sms" and "email" tabs to the home screen.

Take a look at this link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551489

I've actually tried it (i actually installed 2.6beta but it didn't have vga support, but worked fine) with OMJs 28005 rom and it worked like a charm. plus, it lets you customize a lot of things..

Give it a go and see if you like it.

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6950
Carrier: 中国电信

MOCEANWU is keeping up the good workMOCEANWU is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

[QUOTE=OMJ;1433518]I already have Xtask X2 in the rom.....just curious, how do u know it's showcase that is causing the freezing?

I'll remove it, since I dont really need it w/ Xtask & see if the email freezing stops.....thx

XTASK is not SONY X2taskmanager, XTASK is another taskmanager, XTASK was made by Chinese named "chinagb", Xtask is very well with 6.5.3, click "X" is really turn off the program!

I used your kitchen and change it to 0804 , so I have the same problem of message freezing, I just search the website in China, everybody says that the showcase will make message freezing, so I remove the showcase,,I have confirmed the freezing reason was the showcase, and use the Xtask to instead , my cook rom now is very well!
Old 12-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6950
Carrier: 中国电信

MOCEANWU is keeping up the good workMOCEANWU is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I already have Xtask X2 in the rom.....just curious, how do u know it's showcase that is causing the freezing?

I'll remove it, since I dont really need it w/ Xtask & see if the email freezing stops.....thx

which rom, I have several? it sounds like its related to interceptor for 6.5.x roms....have u tried rebooting?

XTASK is not SONY X2taskmanager, XTASK is another taskmanager, XTASK was made by Chinese named "chinagb", Xtask is very well with 6.5.3, click "X" is really turn off the program!

I used your kitchen and change it to 0804 , so I have the same problem of message freezing, I just search the website in China, everybody says that the showcase will make message freezing, so I remove the showcase,,I have confirmed the freezing reason was the showcase, and use the Xtask to instead , my cook rom now is very well!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

GlobusPrime is a n00b

Hey there, pardon me if this is a repost, but I ran into some trouble that I think was caused by my installation of the Manila Locker RC2 .cab file found here in the 7th post. I've uploaded the problem for you to see. The quick link icons are all screwed up... anybody know a (reg) fix? I have tried searching to no avail, maybe my terms are moronic.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:21 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
28011..I rebooted and now its off on the bottom.

ha, i went to take a screenshot and then it fixed itself, ill let you know if it happens again..
lol, interceptor can be slow sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Is there any easier way to get to the Call History now other than clicking the Phone button, and then the right softkey Menu and then clicking Call History in the pop up? I'm loving Manila 2.5 overall, but I do miss having Call History on the front page.
not really, Sense 2.1 for VGA is out, it has the call history....I'll be making some roms soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
I tested this for a while, it only freezes when you are using showcase as a task manager, which I don't think is the case with this ROM(its completely disabled unless you go into file explorer and launch the exe directly). To this day I still don't have the freezing issues (exchange or imap or the combination of both running at the same time), so I really doubt this is the cause. Worth investigating though, just to rule it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
I was using NRGs rom a while back and he actually had lots of freezing issues because of showcase. His biggest issue with freezing was a keyboard lag especially while texting, but showcase was the culprit of that too.
cool...I cooked a rom w/o showcase.....crossin me fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
omj:
might of found another thing with the beta 11... I hunt and I turn my phone to vib and then turn the ringer back on, did that yesterday, 1st phone call I got today my phone vibrated and didn't ring, checked the ringer settings and both were turned up all the way, no way to call myself until I get home but I will do some playing and let you know if I found a pattern or anything

so far (other then the txt msging lagging sometimes on loading the msgs) I'm not having any problems
which rom? may be related to the missing phone options

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCEANWU View Post

cool, thx, I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobusPrime View Post
Hey there, pardon me if this is a repost, but I ran into some trouble that I think was caused by my installation of the Manila Locker RC2 .cab file found here in the 7th post. I've uploaded the problem for you to see. The quick link icons are all screwed up... anybody know a (reg) fix? I have tried searching to no avail, maybe my terms are moronic.

you need to copy the 12 quicklinks manila file made for Manila Locker. see attached, if u want BG4ALL also, choose that file.....copy to \windows, reboot
Attached Files
File Type: zip MANILA_1921_HOME_LOCKER_RC2.zip (17.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-24-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T Mobile

ezzie1971 is keeping up the good workezzie1971 is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
not really, Sense 2.1 for VGA is out, it has the call history....I'll be making some roms soon.

cool...I cooked a rom w/o showcase.....crossin me fingers

Can not wait!!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work

Funny, after spending all that money on the kids and wrapping all the presents, I asked my wife if I was going to get anything good for Christmas...
So she says, "So what would you really like?"
I respond, "What else? Another really awesome OMJ ROM!"

Merry Christmas to you OMJ!

Thanks for all the ROM gifts this past year!

Old 12-24-2009, 10:31 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
OMJ,

Remember a while back I asked you a question about the alarm having a sliders for snooze/dismiss when it went off (when the phone was locked)? Well, I had been trying to figure out what it was and I finally got it.

Currently, I'm using your 6.5.1 Titanium only rom with SPB mobile shell 3.5 and its there. Its a feature of spb so I doubt it can be ported to the sense rom but I gotta tell you, I'm starting to like it more and more. The screenshot is attached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
I'm using a very similar setup to you, including OMJ's Titanium and SPB. Where exactly do you set/get the sliders for SPB snooze/dismiss? Thx. in advance.
I'm 99% sure that those sliders are NOT from Spb MS3.5. Those are sliders that are used for the lock screen on a few 6.5.1 builds. I don't think that MS is going in that direction any more.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I'm 99% sure that those sliders are NOT from Spb MS3.5. Those are sliders that are used for the lock screen on a few 6.5.1 builds. I don't think that MS is going in that direction any more.
oh..sweet. i went straight from 6.5 to 6.5.3 so never fully tested a 6.5.1. but if what you said is correct, than its a bummer they decided to take that out. its actually a pretty good feature.

if it was part of the sys, does that mean its possible to extract it?
Old 12-25-2009, 02:38 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
oh..sweet. i went straight from 6.5 to 6.5.3 so never fully tested a 6.5.1. but if what you said is correct, than its a bummer they decided to take that out. its actually a pretty good feature.

if it was part of the sys, does that mean its possible to extract it?
I don't think that it's an easy thing to remove, but it might have been extracted by one of the devs.
Most people are going with the single, smaller slider that "expands" if there are notifications (one for each type).
I believe that the reason the one you like wasn't so popular was that it never really worked 100% of the time. It often got "stuck". I think that it was originally designed for GSM devices and there were enough differences and issues that it got dropped.
I was just looking in one of the kitchens and I think that JMZ created a lock screen changer. It probably only changes the background, but you might want to look for something like that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development