PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

apeas2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/9/09

Are the battery tweaks built into 23504? I am having horrible battery life with this ROM, but love it. Also, if you run the cab to disable HTC messaging client, when you go to your contacts widget and try to send message from there, nothing happens. Also, if you enable the messaging client and use the registry edit to change your keyboard (like the phonepad), it only types numbers...FYI
Old 11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue
Carrier: Sprint

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/9/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy
Nice thanks. curiously did you include the updated manilla mail page that amarullz released last night?

yes I did & now I cannot open emails....it could be a bad flash though.....has anybody else flashed my latest v1.2 & have the same issue?

I'll be correcting this later today

No problem opening emails here after flashing 1.2. Great rom, appreciate your being back in the game!

Last edited by egriffin; 11-12-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm getting problems with e-mails too. I use ActiveSync and push e-mail from GMail so it should work. But yeah that's about the only bug besides what seems like the weather isn't working but that could be because it doesn't have all the US cities or whatever.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - Telus
Carrier: Telus

Jeddeh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
in texts, I see name & photo
OMJ - I am getting the same problem. Texts come in and go out, but they retain the phone number and not the contact's name and picture when the message comes in. Also, the message thread does not show their original message in manilla. I just flashed from NRG's latest pre manila 2.5 release, and it would show the message history for the entire conversation.

I have another problem. How do I add entries into the t9 word bank? I can't add my last name to the t9 dictionary and cannot add any other words that it doesn't recognize.

Finally, I was going to type this reply on my diamond's opera browser, but when I went to type the reply out, I couldn't get a cursor or the keyboard to come up when I wanted to type in the reply space for the forum.

Other than that, all seems to be working. Messages work, keyboard lag in manilla is almost non existant. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Start->System Tools->My Words will add T9 words.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tspideyr is just getting started

Hi:
I flashed v1.2 WM 6.5 and i'm getting the following errors:
1. Cannot open emails( I know others are getting the same error)
2. when i try to open opera mobile via start menu or the internet tab, it automatically crashes; I read in xda that it has to do with some registry values (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...578414&page=65 ), but cannot find the values to edit.
3. The Sense UI icons that appear when you move the slider are not centered(shifted down)
Battery life for me is excellent!! really great and impressive rom!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspideyr View Post
Hi:
I flashed v1.2 WM 6.5 and i'm getting the following errors:
1. Cannot open emails( I know others are getting the same error)
2. when i try to open opera mobile via start menu or the internet tab, it automatically crashes; I read in xda that it has to do with some registry values (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...578414&page=65 ), but cannot find the values to edit.
3. The Sense UI icons that appear when you move the slider are not centered(shifted down)
Battery life for me is excellent!! really great and impressive rom!!!
Here's the fix for #1:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\Templates\IPM\Note]
"Read"="\Windows\read_note.htm"
"Compose"="\Windows\compose_note.htm"

Change that in registry and soft reset and you should be good to go.

#3 - Did you happen to install the background4all tabs mod I posted for the previous version (or did OMJ cook it in)? It looks like the manila files I edited are not compatible with the new version of the port. You can download the new ported files and replace 3a8e04af_manila and 7c60907d_manila from the new port or maybe uninstall the cab if you went that route.

Last edited by mwalt2; 11-12-2009 at 03:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:04 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Here's the fix for #1:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\Templates\IPM\Note]
"Read"="\Windows\read_note.htm"
"Compose"="\Windows\compose_note.htm"

Change that in registry and soft reset and you should be good to go.

#3 - Did you happen to install the background4all tabs mod I posted for the previous version (or did OMJ cook it in)? It looks like the manila files I edited are not compatible with the new version of the port. You can download the new ported files and replace 3a8e04af_manila and 7c60907d_manila from the new port or maybe uninstall the cab if you went that route.
thanks mwalt, I was comming here to post that email fix.

I have your background4all tabs cooked in....thanks btw....did u post new files?

another thing I did for Opera crashing is change this key to 0

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera\Info\]

EnableGLES=0

I have netcf 3.5 in the rom....

Last edited by OMJ; 11-12-2009 at 04:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
thanks mwalt, I was comming here to post that email fix.

I have your background4all tabs cooked in....thanks btw....did u post new files?
I haven't made the modifications to the new files yet. Since I usedthe graphics drivers and other package by amarullz, the default background doesn't bother me as much and I kind of like the animated background for now (though with only 3, they'll get old fast I'm sure ).
Old 11-12-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

apeas2 is just getting started

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera\Info\]

EnableGLES=0
I am using 23504 and there are NO keys in this folder

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development