PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 02:30 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

My vote is just to stay with 28002 if it works fine.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by airrun76 View Post
Update:

I'm still on 28002 v1.2. It's been a great ROM, and I've seen no major issues. Battery life is moderately good as well. One strange thing I notice is when I'm at home, My Current Location for the weather has the number "2" displayed as my location. Use to it would show my state (Mississippi), since my zip code is apparently not in the weather's list of zips. Now it's just "2". Anyone else notice this behavior?

i agree 28002 is the best stable rom i have used to date. no issue on the weather with my diamond.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

true, I never use the "my location" anyways since I get a faster and reliable weather update with my added city.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:52 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I'm testing a 28011 rom now, seems better/snappier than the 28014 rom I've been messin w/ the past week.....

I'll upload it later for ya'll to test/play around w/.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Hello OMJ (thank you for the excellent ROM) & everyone else, been using the 28005 with only two minor issues:

Disregard this one just saw the post below me with a link to post 2120 (worked)...1. I have accidently added the phone icon as a quick link but it won't let me remove it, can remove all other links but this one.

2. And is their a way to remove the My Location in Time and Weather, just prefer to have my city name since My location shows as Ontario but I am in Toronto (a bit vague) to say the least...

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.

Last edited by iggy; 12-18-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:20 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I'm testing a 28011 rom now, seems better/snappier than the 28014 rom I've been messin w/ the past week.....

I'll upload it later for ya'll to test/play around w/.
sounds good, don't forget that netcf 3.5
Old 12-18-2009, 04:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Tha Biz

Runnin_IT is just getting started

OMJ, thanks for making my first ROM flash a successful one! I was afraid to flash a custom ROM because I didn't know what to expect. When I saw this thread and how everyone was saying you were the man, I figured I would break my ROM cherry with your 28005 v1.2 ROM. Excellent ROM, stuff works and, for the most part, works well! I have had only three issues - listed below: (what, you thought it would all be praise? :])

1 - Inability to remove icons from quick launcher - *fixed with manila file on post 2120
2 - Text lockup - but only if I delete a conversation then try to open another one. Can work around this by only deleting conversations when not reading/responding to texts.
2 - Email lockup - This can be worked around by going into my inbox, opening a mail and swiping to the next email instead of closing it and opening the next one.

So, in summary again thanks for all your hard work and making my first time a great experience.

Next stop, my own ROM using your kitchen...eventually :-]
Old 12-18-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin_IT View Post
OMJ, thanks for making my first ROM flash a successful one! I was afraid to flash a custom ROM because I didn't know what to expect. When I saw this thread and how everyone was saying you were the man, I figured I would break my ROM cherry with your 28005 v1.2 ROM. Excellent ROM, stuff works and, for the most part, works well! I have had only three issues - listed below: (what, you thought it would all be praise? :])

1 - Inability to remove icons from quick launcher - *fixed with manila file on post 2120
2 - Text lockup - but only if I delete a conversation then try to open another one. Can work around this by only deleting conversations when not reading/responding to texts.
2 - Email lockup - This can be worked around by going into my inbox, opening a mail and swiping to the next email instead of closing it and opening the next one.

So, in summary again thanks for all your hard work and making my first time a great experience.

Next stop, my own ROM using your kitchen...eventually :-]

you flashed his diamond rom on your touch?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Tha Biz

Runnin_IT is just getting started

Nah, I have a Diamond. I HAD a Touch back when I first joined. My wife is currently slowly torturing it to death, lol!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

utee05 is a n00b

My phone still locks up using 28005 v.12 when checking email. I agree with iggy if there would be a way to remove my location from both weather and time. I would prefer to have my city on there and be done with it. I do not really like using my location that much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development