PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htcdiamond
Carrier: sprint

sipher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

thanks OMJ this update seen to be faster the last update wow!!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Diamondeyes is just getting started
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

I love this rom..OMJ really put his foot in it. Any idea why some of my txt messages come in with GSM on the end of the message? I still dont care for the built in messaging..may go back to the version that OMJ cooked up w/o the HTC messaging.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:41 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmac00t View Post
Since you now have the CDMA dialer It doesnt vibrate the dpad anymore. That key only enables the functionality of vibrating the manila tabs, keyboard keys vibrate and phone vibrate when a connection is established while on a call and only if the user enables these option through Manila settings and phone settings. By default you have all these turned off so it doesnt really affect the users. Hope thats helpful. Sorry i don't want to sound so needy. I made a cab if anybody wants it.

Flashing the new ROM. Great way to start of my Monday at work =D>
well I tested, set the key to 1...dpad, power, home, back, phone, end all vibrating.....key turned back to 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
Is there anything that would preclude my from installing the new Opera 10 either over or in addition to the Opera installed in v1.5/23504? Thanks in advance for your response.
most likely opera 10 will not function on the internet tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gn View Post
New rom seems very snapy so far! I did notice you did not put in the flipping clock fix, if you were not sure if it would work on the new system it does!

Great work
I just figured that would be a personal preference, and it's so easy to install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
Can a CAB be posted with the fix? Or does it have to be cooked in?
which fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlittell View Post
OMJ, this is my first post in this forum and your 23504 rom is only the 3rd I've ever loaded...and it's great. I've been putting it through it's paces for the past 2 days, no noticable bugs, no crashes, I really like it alot. You do very nice work, thanks you.

Just one question about your rom's default keyboard, can it be set to vibrate on key press? I made the change under Settings>Locale & Text>Text Input>Vibrate to turn it on, but still no vibrate for the keyboard. I like the keyboard, but would like that option. I apologize if this question has already been asked.

marcjen....I'll second that!!!! I had to redirect my 5 year old boy last night when he came around wanting to play Bubble Breaker. You say yours is not working? I don't see it as an option on the 23504 build.

OMJ...Bubble Breaker is a must....LOL.
you can use this reg setting, but you'll get more vibration than u want, lol...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\KeyState]
"KeyVibratorState"=dword:00000001

Here, I've attached the bubble breaker cab to use for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorforsleep View Post
28002 is great so far...only problem so far is with Opera 10, and the HTC "add favorite" doesn't see the favorites in Opera. Thanks OMJ
yeah, you have to add the favs manually. so after you hit the add fav box, choose the +add fav option @ the top, then manually paste the web address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Hey OMJ would you mind sharing your ext package for the new interceptor fix. Tried to add it to my ROM, but it did not fixed the landscape mode on the music and photos tab. Thanks!
no problem bro...see attached..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Where is the thread for the interceptor position fix? I searched here and XDA with no avail.
It's posted in the manila 2.5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I've kinda stayed away from 6.5.1 since basically the first builds. Did the htc task manager finally get fixed yet (looking at flashing 28002)?
looks the same as 6.5.1....but I dont know how it is intended to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=941

Tried installing the cab but after reset, Sense did not want to start. I'm gonna try and make an EXT again and see if it works.
if you're installing via cab u need to make sure u remove the old position fix link 1st.

Quote:
ok so i went ahead and flashed, lookin reel nice.

on your screenshots it looks like the weather is all over the today home screen (like the clouds come in and the raindrops and stuff), but in my homescreen it just shows the sun and some clouds under the time, but it doesnt do anything cool like cover the whole thing. It just says "houston partly sunny" and has a sun/cloud with the temp. how do I get the full screen whole weather deal working (like the leo sense ui)
well 1st u need to be using weather wallpaper, if you are using a animated wallpaper, I dont think it will work.

Quote:
any ideas on what happened to the programs tab?

also, how do I reset the wallpaper to default?
programs tab? getting the default wallpaper is tricky...what I did was copy the default background image to my internal storage, then go to weather wallpaper, and choose the image file as my background. I'm attaching what I used..

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniebennybernard View Post
No idea. I'm using the 6.1 - 21055 v.1.1.

Once I input my email and password and hit next, it just crashes to the desktop.

try disabling manila, then reboot, then try setup Live

Quote:
Hav anybody noticed that initial flash you have 5 tabs visible if you are on the home page and the 5th tab is internet and after syncing with exchange and all the customization i did it switched the calendar tab and internet tab.Now i have calendar as the 5th tab. I dont know if thats a manila function or i had too much coffee for today.
lol, I hadnt noticed, but Internet is currently #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonium0587 View Post
I'm using 21870 1.5 and everything is working great. I'm glad SMS is working again and I haven't had any problems so far. One thing though, were the finger friendly menus taken out of this one? Is that what menu enhancement does?
I read through the post and couldn't find anything. The menus for email, ect... are small again instead of the big finger friendly ones. I liked the larger ones. Great work OMJ!!!
I always include menu enhancement, I like it much better....the one time I had a bad flash the enhanced menu didnt show, I hard reset, and it was back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipher View Post
thanks OMJ this update seen to be faster the last update wow!!

I agree, 28002 is my fav so far....very smooth, dont know why I didnt cook one up right away.

phew, finally made it through all the posts...I know many of the questions were already answered, thx guys for helpin out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grey.jpg (3.0 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab BubbleBreaker.cab (210.9 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar Applications - Interceptor (newest position fix).rar (3.9 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

OMJ,

You can direct people to use this cab i'm pretty sure if they want vibration (works on 6.5 anyway). It also has more options than all or nothing

Quote:
Since you now have the CDMA dialer It doesnt vibrate the dpad anymore. That key only enables the functionality of vibrating the manila tabs, keyboard keys vibrate and phone vibrate when a connection is established while on a call and only if the user enables these option through Manila settings and phone settings. By default you have all these turned off so it doesnt really affect the users. Hope thats helpful. Sorry i don't want to sound so needy. I made a cab if anybody wants it.

Flashing the new ROM. Great way to start of my Monday at work =D>
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlittell View Post
Thanks minmac00t...I saw that in your earlier post and tried it. It did make the actual device keys (send, end, home, etc.) vibrate when pressed, but it did not make the onscreen keyboard vibrate when typing.

Try the attached cab guys
Attached Files
File Type: cab TouchResponse_v0_3_2.CAB (310.5 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Here is the package if you want to add it to the kitchen (or post it in the other thread) for those who want to cook it in like i do
Attached Files
File Type: zip Applications - Touch Response 0.3.2.zip (101.1 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

berniebennybernard is a n00b

A few questions:

1. Is there a possible way to remove some of the built-in installed apps such as CleanRAM, SPB Screenshot, etc?

2. Does anyone have trouble scrolling up and down a page when adding a new appointment or a new contact in the fill out form page?

3. Can anyone post a clear step-by-step on removing the animated weather background on the home page? I tried doing what was linked in post #1277, but I couldn't figure it out.

4. Is there a way to completely remove HTC messaging, so text messages go back to the defaut WinMo?

5. When I go to the power settings, and I hit battery or blacklight, nothing happens so I can't change the battery settings. What can I do?

Thanks
Quote:
Brown ahead for Bure. Bure going in.. he scores! Pavel Bure has won it for the Vancouver Canucks! It's a triple overtime hat-trick for Vancouver!
- Western Conference Quarter-Final Game 7, April 30, 1994

Last edited by berniebennybernard; 11-23-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Blackberry Tour

minmac00t is becoming a great contributor

I did notice touch response kinda makes the whole system run a little slow very small noticeable difference but touch response is mostly the driver that enables the vibrate and also have the option of all or nothing like you mentioned. The driver is already included in the build that OMJ has and its from HTC so more compatible i would think. I have a cab available that enables the vibrate for all the users that wants it. i just have to wait till i get home from work. I left my machine at home powered off otherwise i could have posted it in the morning and avoided all these questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Here is the package if you want to add it to the kitchen (or post it in the other thread) for those who want to cook it in like i do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
OMJ,

You can direct people to use this cab i'm pretty sure if they want vibration (works on 6.5 anyway). It also has more options than all or nothing

Try the attached cab guys
Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: China Telecom

nt_song is a n00b

i'm using HTC DIAMOND in China, i found some problem on your ROMS, i installed Chinese font to support Chinese and set internal storage to Storage Card, then i found sometimes there is no ring when a call in, need to restart phone to restore.
can you find out the reason?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - CDMA

mmmdieselfumes is just getting started

Only bug I'm seeing (other than opera 10 favs not working with the internet shortcuts) is facebook is having some weird connection problem. Can't sign into facebook itself, or sign into facebook to link friend's profiles.

Anyone noticed that issue?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:53 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniebennybernard View Post
A few questions:

1. Is there a possible way to remove some of the built-in installed apps such as CleanRAM, SPB Screenshot, etc?

2. Does anyone have trouble scrolling up and down a page when adding a new appointment or a new contact in the fill out form page?

3. Can anyone post a clear step-by-step on removing the animated weather background on the home page? I tried doing what was linked in post #1277, but I couldn't figure it out.

4. Is there a way to completely remove HTC messaging, so text messages go back to the defaut WinMo?

5. When I go to the power settings, and I hit battery or blacklight, nothing happens so I can't change the battery settings. What can I do?

Thanks
1. not really. you can delete the shortcuts so you dont see them or you could use my kitchen you cook your own custom rom.

2. it's a little slower but works fine.

3. ok, goto \HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\HomeBackgroundPath, as soon as you tap HomeBackgroundPath, a box w/ pop-up & the path will be highlighted, just hit backspace on your keyboard to wipe it out, then press ok.

4. no, the rom has to be cooked w/o it

5. the backlight screen doesnt open?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development