PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

keyboard thing not fixed yet...
ever since he added more of the new leo packages the sms got messed up, he got some good versions of the leo packages but not all are completely resized to vga. maybe thats why we have that issue.
notice that at some screens, for example the "every how long update email", the menu is for wvga and not vga because u can't scroll all the way down and make it stick. after digging in the nbh file i found around 3-5 mb worth of files that are useless because they are for a wvga screen or only for the pro. maybe some other not so clear to see things needed to be completely ported before being used.
don't get me wrong, i'm not *****ing, NRG does a great job and keeps us updated with all the new things that comes out. but, i guess since he's making his rom for so many kinds of phones, some unnecessary things gets left in what we get and possibly other roms also which might cause problems in some cases.
so bottom line... keep up the good work, no one is perfect, but u getting closer and closer every time.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxed
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota
Oct 22nd is the far better one, SO MUCH BETTER than that 25th
which build?
The 21xxx build. It is the offical RTM of WM6.5. I tried the 23xxx (6.5.1 beta) build and it looks nice, but it is very buggy and alot of stuff has been changed.

The 21xxx build is very stable and fast. However, it does suffer from the Manila SMS bug; where the keyboard freezes. Other than that its golden with rare/few 1-3 second lockups (only when using the keyboard)

Great job, NRG! Keep it up bro!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
keyboard thing not fixed yet...
ever since he added more of the new leo packages the sms got messed up, he got some good versions of the leo packages but not all are completely resized to vga. maybe thats why we have that issue.
notice that at some screens, for example the "every how long update email", the menu is for wvga and not vga because u can't scroll all the way down and make it stick. after digging in the nbh file i found around 3-5 mb worth of files that are useless because they are for a wvga screen or only for the pro. maybe some other not so clear to see things needed to be completely ported before being used.
don't get me wrong, i'm not *****ing, NRG does a great job and keeps us updated with all the new things that comes out. but, i guess since he's making his rom for so many kinds of phones, some unnecessary things gets left in what we get and possibly other roms also which might cause problems in some cases.
so bottom line... keep up the good work, no one is perfect, but u getting closer and closer every time.

You are correct, the 23XXX build from the 25th is SOOOOOOOO close!

Thanks NRG!
Old 10-28-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

seamus is just getting started

Any foresight on Google not working in 21864? Or is it just me?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

htowngator is just getting started

hopefully the next build fixes the SMS hangs
Old 10-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

LowRez is a n00b

The SMS problem is caused by showcase suite. If it is removed from the ROM it will get rid of the SMS bug. The only cavet is htc task manager is buggy too (you have to tap to get the MS taskbar to pop up and then hold down where the clock is for about 3 seconds to get the htc task manager to pop up or map htc task manager to a button), but SMS will work.

Last edited by LowRez; 10-28-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 PM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRez View Post
The SMS problem is caused by showcase suite. If it is removed from the ROM it will get rid of the SMS bug. The only cavet is htc task manager is buggy too (you have to tap to get the MS taskbar to pop up and then hold down where the clock is for about 3 seconds to get the htc task manager to pop up or map htc task manager to a button), but SMS will work.
What about on the 21xxx builds? They're not 6.5.1, so Showcase Suite isn't installed, but the keyboard in Manila sms still locks up.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc cdma 6950
Carrier: ChinaTelcom

bohenao is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
I hope English isn't your first language!
jaja... yes. Chinglish!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS

Braka is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttt123 View Post
my gps can not been used after flash this rom,anyone has this problem ?
I also have this problem with Tom Tom... Google map is working and prolly everything else using the GPS but it seems pretty slow.

EDIT: I've switched back to Telus stock rom just to see if it will resolve the problem (I use my GPS a lot) and the problem is still there... I've connected my phone to the service programming QPST just to see if the settings has been changed and they are the same. So, I tried to reinstall the GPS Registry Settings cab (for Telus) of tobeychris and .. same problem. :/ I really don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the addition of the HTC AGPS software in the last NRG build but... i'm not sure though.

Last edited by Braka; 10-29-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

seamus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braka View Post
I also have this problem with Tom Tom... Google map is working and prolly everything else using the GPS but it seems pretty slow.

EDIT: I've switched back to Telus stock rom just to see if it will resolve the problem (I use my GPS a lot) and the problem is still there... I've connected my phone to the service programming QPST just to see if the settings has been changed and they are the same. So, I tried to reinstall the GPS Registry Settings cab (for Telus) of tobeychris and .. same problem. :/ I really don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the addition of the HTC AGPS software in the last NRG build but... i'm not sure though.
I think the aGPS has been in many of the last builds. But a lot of people noticed problems with GPS only recently.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development