PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 05:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

eglynum is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (23541/21892) ** |Feb 26| Sense 2.1 /

Is anyone else having trouble with Windows Live for using hotmail? I can't get it to work. I can install it from the marketplace, but then it just closes right after I put in my email address and password.

I'm using Energy.VICTOR.21898.Sense2.5.LITE.Cookie.HomeTab.A pr.13
(BTW it also happened with 23557)

Maybe I need an older version?
Old 04-17-2010, 01:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

internexus is a n00b
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (23541/21892) ** |Feb 26| Sense 2.1 /

I get an error stating "Cannot find the required codecs to play this video" with the m.google.com/youtube application.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by internexus View Post
I get an error stating "Cannot find the required codecs to play this video" with the m.google.com/youtube application.
I got the same error but after a reset it seems to be working fine
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond with EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

gianmarco is a n00b

Is anyone else having an issue where Sense just doesn't load? I've had to wipe clean now 4 times. It'll work for a while, but then on the next restart, it will just hang with a white screen. Sometimes it will eventually load maybe 10 minutes later, other times it won't.

Only things I've added are google maps, youtube, and facebook but it's also done it before I've added those apps.

Also, when it does finally load, it's very sluggish at first. This is pretty rough as any time I've got to reset for whatever reason, I can't use my phone for 10-15 minutes (if that).

Anyone else with this? Any ideas?

ETA--This is happening with both of the April versions (23557 and 2189. I have a Sprint Diamond.

Also, has anyone done the provisioning for their specific carrier? Is it necessary? What does it do? I've tried it a couple times but ultimately had to reset. I don't think it's causing the above freeze as I haven't run it every time but never noticed a difference when I have.

Last edited by gianmarco; 04-17-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianmarco View Post
Is anyone else having an issue where Sense just doesn't load? I've had to wipe clean now 4 times. It'll work for a while, but then on the next restart, it will just hang with a white screen. Sometimes it will eventually load maybe 10 minutes later, other times it won't.
This doesn't happen to me, but I think it's odd that some people have random problems like this. I've seen it a lot in this thread and I thought you just needed to flash the shipped rom first and everything would be fixed, but I did that and here are I am with another random bug (above).

I get a white screen everytime the phone boots - it seems to replace the EnergyROM/Windows boot screen. I've never seen an EnergyROM boot like this before. Also, the HTC volume screen will pop up before Sense UI shows up, which is odd.

WTF?

Last edited by eglynum; 04-17-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond with EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

gianmarco is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglynum View Post
I get a white screen everytime the phone boots - it seems to replace the EnergyROM/Windows boot screen. I've never seen an EnergyROM boot like this before. Also, the HTC volume screen will pop up before Sense UI shows up, which is odd.

This doesn't happen to me, but I think it's odd that some people have random problems like this. I've seen it a lot in this thread and I thought you just needed to flash the shipped rom first and everything would be fixed, but I did that and here are I am with another random bug (above).

And Youtube from m.google.com doesn't work for me either (even after a reset).

WTF?
Yeah, same thing for me. Except Sense won't even load in any reasonable amount of time. Just happened to me again and took almost 20 minutes.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by internexus View Post
I get the same thing, but it comes and goes. Opening the same video twice - first the error showed and the next time it worked.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gianmarco is a n00b

Ok, I think I may have found out why it's taking so long to load and freeze. I haven't had this issue with previous versions, however:

I like keeping a large amount of emails on my phone. I have a gmail account and have always kept 30 days of emails on my phone (~700-800 average). As I was adding things and making changes one step at a time, I found when I made that change it caused the incredibly long load and/or freeze. I switched it back to 7 days worth and smaller email messages (2Kb) and now it loads fine. I also have always kept my emails on my internal storage to keep space free on the phone.

Any ideas why this is happening now when it's never been an issue before?

ETA--This is definitely the issue. Since making the change back, it loads up quickly and no more freezes. If there's any way to get a fix for this it would be great.

Last edited by gianmarco; 04-18-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianmarco View Post
Since making the change back, it loads up quickly and no more freezes. If there's any way to get a fix for this it would be great.
I'd say the best you can do is wait for NRGZ28's next release. I'm wondering if your email problem and my email problem are related - maybe a bunch of files were removed when NRGZ28 was freeing up memory for our little Diamonds (as he's stated recently). So now Windows Live can't be installed, your phone can't have too many emails in internal storage (really odd), and who knows what else. I just hope he's seen the comments. It's not as common as all the "mp3 ringtones, quickgps, wifi, and youtube don't work" comments, but I've seen a few about Windows Live.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gianmarco is a n00b

Just wanted to say that over the last 24 hours, have gotten to really work with this ROM. It is utterly amazing. The email issue is definitely the cause for my previous freezes, but that's not a deal breaker by any means. Battery life seems excellent too.

Great work!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development