PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

Just tried flashing the lite version. After doing the flash dance I get the googlemaps.cab does not exist error during customizations.

EDIT: I was gonna try to download it again to make sure my download wasn't bad but hotfile says I've reached my hourly limit. Any one else try flashing yet?

Last edited by JAChavez99; 11-15-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

TheZodiac is a n00b
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
Just tried flashing the lite version. After doing the flash dance I get the googlemaps.cab does not exist error during customizations.
Yepp, how do we fix or get past this error?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

jayhernandez is just getting started

Same deal.

googlemaps.cab doesn't exist.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZodiac View Post
Yepp, how do we fix or get past this error?
This was present a couple of versions ago and I believe people were getting around it somehow, read back maybe five pages or so. I am going to try a different ROM in the meantime, although be be eagerly waiting for a fix.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
This was present a couple of versions ago and I believe people were getting around it somehow, read back maybe five pages or so. I am going to try a different ROM in the meantime, although be be eagerly waiting for a fix.
yes, this has to do with the config.txt in the nbh. the "googlemaps" line needs to be removed. just a minor thing but requires you to edit the nbh. this has been covered since the Nov 5th release. If you are not comfortable with doing this, then wait and I'm sure NRG will put it up. Sorry but the solution would require somebody posted a new fixed rom which NRG would probably prefer be done by him.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:47 PM
N00b

Removed googlemaps.cab from the nbh config.txt and will report back!
Old 11-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhernandez View Post
Removed googlemaps.cab from the nbh config.txt and will report back!
same thing Jay. will report back as well. thanks NRG for redoing your kitchen for us
Old 11-15-2009, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Removed the googlemaps.cab line from the config.txt and flash the ROM. Texting works this time. But like I mention before, the bubble with the unread notification is overlapped by another bubble this still looks like the older port of manila 2.5, not the current one which came out yesterday.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:26 PM
N00b

OK so Windows live installed fine, Push mail working via activsync, Sms working.

ROM is pretty bare tho, gonna add back googlemaps, opera, beejive. and some other goodies.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhernandez View Post
OK so Windows live installed fine, Push mail working via activsync, Sms working.

ROM is pretty bare tho, gonna add back googlemaps, opera, beejive. and some other goodies.
good to know. Rom is going to be bare so he can accomodate the Diamond in the mix along with the tp and tp2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development