PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Neroko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Neroko
Wi-Fi Problem

Is anyone having problems with the Wi-Fi, I cant get it to turn on. Goto Comm Manager, turn it on, it says its on but I have no icon at the top and it doesnt pick up my internet. I restart with it left on, I still get nothing, turn off phone mode with it on, nothing, turn off phone mode with it off and then on after, nothing. But sometimes randomlly, if I leave it on, it will turn on and say connect to the network and I have Wi-Fi. I remembered back some years that WiFiFum had a on and off for the Wi-Fi so I downloaded it and hit the on switch in there, it picks up networks and everything but still no internet. I never had this problem with grooveRom3 (6.1) or Sprint Rom. Had it with grooveRom4 (6.5) but never really used Wi-Fi at the time so ignored it. And haing the problem with grooveRom5 (6.5). Any ideas??
Old 06-04-2009, 01:01 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: [060309] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) -- Kitchen [060209]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. was going to pm Merdinh to see if he could do the same thing with the original sip with larger keys! that would be really nice. I am going to give the kitchen a go again. just downloaded .net framework 3.5 to the desktop, hoping this was the problem. Thanks again Groove.

Kitchen question: noticed there were two opera versions in the oem folder, should we just select one and remove the other? thanks. by the way, stupid pc gave the os.nb.payload error again. ugh. oh well.
You can leave both versions in the kitchen, and just check the one that you prefer. I just left both, for those who like higher numbers. The version that is currently in the rom is checked by default.

In terms of the SIP, I have decided to bail on Merdinh's keyboard. It was just starting to drive me a little nuts with the disappearing first letter. I'll be updating the build today (I know, I said I would slow down but this is bugging me, so it's prolly bugging others too) with the old Black and Silver skinned Stock Sprint SIP that I used many many builds ago (grooveROM 2? -- can't really remember). I know it has a couple of kinda fuggly issues with the qwerty layout and phonepad that I plan to fix in the upcoming week (I may give it a whole new skin), but in the mean time I'll take function over form any day. This is the bestest, most stable version I've ever found, IMO.:

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:04 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Re: Wi-Fi Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroko View Post
Is anyone having problems with the Wi-Fi, I cant get it to turn on. Goto Comm Manager, turn it on, it says its on but I have no icon at the top and it doesnt pick up my internet. I restart with it left on, I still get nothing, turn off phone mode with it on, nothing, turn off phone mode with it off and then on after, nothing. But sometimes randomlly, if I leave it on, it will turn on and say connect to the network and I have Wi-Fi. I remembered back some years that WiFiFum had a on and off for the Wi-Fi so I downloaded it and hit the on switch in there, it picks up networks and everything but still no internet. I never had this problem with grooveRom3 (6.1) or Sprint Rom. Had it with grooveRom4 (6.5) but never really used Wi-Fi at the time so ignored it. And haing the problem with grooveRom5 (6.5). Any ideas??
I seem to be picking up wifi fine.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bparvin is becoming a great contributor
Re: [060309] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) -- [ROM & Kitchen]

As long as Finger Keyboard is in the ROM I am happy. I feel it has the best response to typing.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:16 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Re: [060309] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) -- [ROM & Kitchen]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparvin View Post
As long as Finger Keyboard is in the ROM I am happy. I feel it has the best response to typing.
Agreed. That's why I don't really care too much about the EZinput qwerty skin. If only FingerKbd had compact qwerty..
Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [060309] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) -- Kitchen [060209]

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
You can leave both versions in the kitchen, and just check the one that you prefer. I just left both, for those who like higher numbers. The version that is currently in the rom is checked by default.

In terms of the SIP, I have decided to bail on Merdinh's keyboard. It was just starting to drive me a little nuts with the disappearing first letter. I'll be updating the build today (I know, I said I would slow down but this is bugging me, so it's prolly bugging others too) with the old Black and Silver skinned Stock Sprint SIP that I used many many builds ago (grooveROM 2? -- can't really remember). I know it has a couple of kinda fuggly issues with the qwerty layout and phonepad that I plan to fix in the upcoming week (I may give it a whole new skin), but in the mean time I'll take function over form any day. This is the bestest, most stable version I've ever found, IMO.:

I still have this cab. This one is really the best one. larger keys with black. I just had so much trouble installing this to other roms because of being unable to get rid of greek, and it would not switch orientations to well but obviously will work well if you cook it in!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:20 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I still have this cab. This one is really the best one. larger keys with black. I just had so much trouble installing this to other roms because of being unable to get rid of greek, and it would not switch orientations to well but obviously will work well if you cook it in!
I fixed the greek, so it's a non-issue now. Also added a xt9 my words package, which the cab never had.

I'll upload a new kitchen today too, which will ave all three black SIP packages to choose from.

BTW, your kitchen issue is still consistent with other kitchens too, right? I just wanna be sure it's not just mine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
I fixed the greek, so it's a non-issue now. Also added a xt9 my words package, which the cab never had.

I'll upload a new kitchen today too, which will ave all three black SIP packages to choose from.

BTW, your kitchen issue is still consistent with other kitchens too, right? I just wanna be sure it's not just mine.
I didn't try calcu kitchen yet since I installed 3.5 on my desktop. I am betting its still the pc. will report back. Thanks groove.

update: calcu kitchen unmodified did let me go to buildos now on my home pc. i picked the various apps and such but got one of the regular errors bout duplicates and one needed removed. but it looks like it was working. went back to groove kitchen, deleted the previous extracted folders, extracting again, unmodified ran it but got the nb.payload error and no build os. Not sure if its my pc or not. tried juicy's kitchen and it seemed to work as well. just wanted to report back. happy to just flash the rom if you know what I mean but would love to use your kitchen. lol

Last edited by Riley; 06-04-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Lurker

subadubdub is a n00b
Re: [060109] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

Quote:
Well, first off, I pretty much build the rom to suit my needs, so there's not a lot of data/setting restore that I need to do, but there are a couple of things.

1. I have a few program cabs that Sashimi installs for me.
2. I have a cab for my email settings/accounts (see this thread)
3. I have a cab for my Opera passwords/cookies
4. I have a cab that installs the shortcuts for programs that I have installed to internal, into the start menu.
5. Activesync

That's pretty much it.

All my cabs that worked on 6.1 work on 6.5 too.
I checked the referenced thread in the above post for email settings/accounts (and it is working great by the way) and saw the Opera email favorites file so I can maintain my bookmarks/favorites. Which files contain the Opera passwords/cookies? I assume I can just clobber the existing Opera6.adr file for favorites after a ROM upgrade, can I clobber other file(s) for passwords/cookies?

Also, do you have any ideas on reloading LAN connection information after a ROM upgrade? I assume I can use Rapiconfig to get that information as well, but I don't know which characteristic type to be searching for.

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparvin View Post
I agree.

Quote:
I seem to be picking up wifi fine.
Me, too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development