PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 11:19 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
OK, I fixed the YouTube issue -- YAY!!! It was a very unusual fix though. Apparently there was an issue with my metadata package -- weird. Anyway it's fixed, and only took all day to isolate it. I'll upload a new kitchen tomorrow.

Also, I'v messed around just a bit with new OEMs, and while I'm still a noob at the new kitchen, I really don't see what the point of EXT packages is.

If you want to add an OEM from an old style kitchen, all you have to do is put it in one of the oem folders, and remove the option.xml file.

One of the coolest things about this kitchen, is the overwrite feature. For example, I always customize my sys a certain way -- so in the past, I always had to find the files that I wanted to change and do it manually. Now, I can just have an oem of the files that I wanna change, and it automatically overwrites the sys files. Now all I have to do to customize the sys, is remove what I don't want and recmod the necessray dlls. Also, this kitchen can work for multiple devices, so I don't really have to do anything extra to make a TP rom or a Diamond rom once I have it all set up.
Wonderful. You're going to be playing with ROMs on July 4th?
To add the OEM to the OEM folder, we don't have to run it through EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe? Just remove the option.xml file and drop it in there? Cool.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:02 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

I would like to try the new kitchen but Im not sure where the download link is. I see the old links in post 2 but it looks exactly like the usual kitchen. Am i missing something? Thanks.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

how is Wi-Fi working for everyone? i can click the Wi-fi connect in Comm manager. but i get no icon, or no box to alert me of possible wireless connections. it can be swithched on all day, and i dont have an icon OR possible connections. YET, sometimes when i soft reset, the Wifi icon will be there even if i switch it off, it stays there ( the icon that is) but i cannot get any possible connections ( the only thing i delete from the system is Modemlink+widgets+rings and alerts).......confuzzled...
Old 07-03-2009, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I would like to try the new kitchen but Im not sure where the download link is. I see the old links in post 2 but it looks exactly like the usual kitchen. Am i missing something? Thanks.
here you go - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3442
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:31 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
Thank you.

EDIT: Says download doesnt exist.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

he said he was going to post an updated kitchen today i believe, chances are he's taken it down.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:51 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
To add the OEM to the OEM folder, we don't have to run it through EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe? Just remove the option.xml file and drop it in there? Cool.
That's right. The only thing is that packages in the OEM folder can't be deselected, so you have to manually remove the package from the folder if you don't want it in the rom.

Quote:
I'm not going to post any of the new kitchen links or roms in post 1 or 2 until I know that most of the bugs are worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
how is Wi-Fi working for everyone? i can click the Wi-fi connect in Comm manager. but i get no icon, or no box to alert me of possible wireless connections. it can be swithched on all day, and i dont have an icon OR possible connections. YET, sometimes when i soft reset, the Wifi icon will be there even if i switch it off, it stays there ( the icon that is) but i cannot get any possible connections ( the only thing i delete from the system is Modemlink+widgets+rings and alerts).......confuzzled...
I haven't noticed that, but I really don't use wifi that much either.

Quote:
Thank you.

EDIT: Says download doesnt exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
he said he was going to post an updated kitchen today i believe, chances are he's taken it down.
I took down the old kitchen, because there were some issues with it. I have it pretty well fixed now, and will upload shortly. It will be a dual device kitchen, so you can make TP or Diamond roms.

Here is a link to the newest rom with this kitchen which is basically like the other test rom [070109], but with YouTube fixed:

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/wp...oad.php?id=148

Last edited by indagroove; 07-03-2009 at 01:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:22 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

New test Visual Kitchen:

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/wp...oad.php?id=149
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

dimensi0n is just getting started

Whats the fix for the email icon going "X" in Titanium when mail is recieved?
Old 07-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident

That's right. The only thing is that packages in the OEM folder can't be deselected, so you have to manually remove the package from the folder if you don't want it in the rom.
hey guys, just tried removing option.xml from a few oems, dropped them into the oem/diam500/0409 folder, got the platformrebuilder.exe errors, then tried removed the modified oems from this 0409 folder, put them in the ext/diam500/23001/Diam external packages. got the same error. Just wanted to clarify if I am putting the oems in the correct folder. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development