PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:52 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I had issues with EXT packages too. YouTube works fine?? I've been pulling my hair (what's left of it) over YouTube all day. Volume overlay in YT works, and the touch screen is responsive during playback?? What did you change?
I just flashed a second time with a few changes...YouTube still works. I don't think I changed anything that should have effected it. I took out some games, added OneNote and sone notification sounds and changed to my splash/boot screen. Since none of my EXT packages are there (again) and when I try to add them into the SYS folder I get error messages that platformrebuilder.exe is throwing a hissy fit, I might have to give up on this Kitchen until some fixes are found.
But I'm going to play with it for a little while longer.

Also just noticed that none of the Office apps were there on my first flash. With this one, I included OneNote and now they all show up.

Last edited by Trident; 07-02-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

Quote:
I just flashed a second time with a few changes...YouTube still works. I don't think I changed anything that should have effected it. I took out some games, added OneNote and sone notification sounds and changed to my splash/boot screen. Since none of my EXT packages are there (again) and when I try to add them into the SYS folder I get error messages that platformrebuilder.exe is throwing a hissy fit, I might have to give up on this Kitchen until some fixes are found.
But I'm going to play with it for a little while longer.
Hey Trident. when you say youtube works are you saying that the volume control works with the slider popup on the side? Also if you tap the screen, does it minimize allowing you to close the video? I was able to get youtube working as well but restarting a couple times but the other things do not work. just curious. thanks.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:22 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey Trident. when you say youtube works are you saying that the volume control works with the slider popup on the side? Also if you tap the screen, does it minimize allowing you to close the video? I was able to get youtube working as well but restarting a couple times but the other things do not work. just curious. thanks.
I'm trying all different things over here to get this sorted out.

The weird thing is that if I dump my ROM build with the old kitchen, and then rebuild with the new kitchen, the volume overlay in YT works fine, but there is no sound. I think this is a module issue, so I'm converting some more modules to files.

As soon as I add a new sys to port, the additional youtube issues show up. I have a couple of ideas, but it means multiple builds and flashes. Why does YouTube always have to be such a pain anyway? I guess it's just the test canary in the cave.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I'm trying all different things over here to get this sorted out.

The weird thing is that if I dump my ROM build with the old kitchen, and then rebuild with the new kitchen, the volume overlay in YT works fine, but there is no sound. I think this is a module issue, so I'm converting some more modules to files.

As soon as I add a new sys to port, the additional youtube issues show up. I have a couple of ideas, but it means multiple builds and flashes. Why does YouTube always have to be such a pain anyway? I guess it's just the test canary in the cave.
Appreciate the effort man. if you need any of us to test stuff out, don't hesitate to ask, I know how to get into bootloader if need be funny thing in the meantime been using mobile youtube through opera with plugins enabled and it works great. maybe not as nice but almost as good.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:36 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Appreciate the effort man. if you need any of us to test stuff out, don't hesitate to ask, I know how to get into bootloader if need be funny thing in the meantime been using mobile youtube through opera with plugins enabled and it works great. maybe not as nice but almost as good.

I hear Tech 1 has a good external app for YouTube, give that a try..
Old 07-02-2009, 04:40 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
I can watch videos and they have sound.
To be honest I don't really watch much YouTube.
I don't see any GUI volume control. I can control the volume using the hardkeys on the side of my Diamond.
I can close or resize the videos by touching the screen and getting the buttons to show. They disappear after a little while but come back when I touch it.
Don't know why I can't get a screen capture of the video running.

Do you guys get Titanium working? I could probably live with having to add in my programs and mods, but I can't handle the normal Today screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc_capture25.jpg (179.2 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg pc_capture26.jpg (66.3 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Trident; 07-02-2009 at 04:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:44 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I can watch videos and they have sound.
To be honest I don't really watch much YouTube.
I don't see any GUI volume control. I can control the volume using the hardkeys on the side of my Diamond.
I can close or resize the videos by touching the screen and getting the buttons to show. They disappear after a little while but come back when I touch it.
Don't know why I can't get a screen capture of the video running.
You have the issue too then. While it might not be a big deal for those who don't watch YouTube, it is indicitave of a system issue which could affect other things. The good news, is that I have YouTube working in a build made from my dumped rom, which means that I have a good OEM base, so it's isolated to the incoming XIP or SYS at this point.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I hear Tech 1 has a good external app for YouTube, give that a try..
thanks

I've used his stuff in the past and recently tried that new player. there was a delay in startup though but it worked. can't believe the crap he is taking right now in his rom thread and "the cage" thread! surprised that stuff is condoned...
Old 07-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Inda,

I realized I could get my background all black like I wanted (with HTCHOME2) by just taking a black picture and setting it as my background on my home screen, but today, I think it was after I used remove programs to get rid of the t-mobile.tsk you made for someone, for a while I had the old non-finger friendly 6.1 menus and I really liked them because send/recieve is right on the first page. Can you please give me the black.tsk or sprint.tsk or any basic black home screen with the old 6.1 menus. I don't really know how I got them after a soft reset at one point, but now they're gone and I can't get them back. You made it sound like you had the old ones (but didnt' really like them). Can you please give them to me? Thanx! Your roms rock! I'm not a flashaholic, but I'm lookikng forward to flashing again after you have the new kitchen stable! Keep up the good work!!! I don't know where you find the time, what do you do for a real job?

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
Inda,

I realized I could get my background all black like I wanted (with HTCHOME2) by just taking a black picture and setting it as my background on my home screen, but today, I think it was after I used remove programs to get rid of the t-mobile.tsk you made for someone, for a while I had the old non-finger friendly 6.1 menus and I really liked them because send/recieve is right on the first page. Can you please give me the black.tsk or sprint.tsk or any basic black home screen with the old 6.1 menus. I don't really know how I got them after a soft reset at one point, but now they're gone and I can't get them back. You made it sound like you had the old ones (but didnt' really like them). Can you please give them to me? Thanx! Your roms rock! I'm not a flashaholic, but I'm lookikng forward to flashing again after you have the new kitchen stable! Keep up the good work!!! I don't know where you find the time, what do you do for a real job?
Here's those .tsk files attached. To answer your question about my job -- I am a professional stage technician for entertainment, corporate and industrial events. I primarly do lighting for concerts, dance, and theater. I also dabble in audio/video, sound, and anything stage related. Often I have standby time in my booth, and can do ROM work while on the clock, but work has been slow as well lately..
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sprint.zip (64.1 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development