View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Trident
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
OK, I fixed the YouTube issue -- YAY!!! It was a very unusual fix though. Apparently there was an issue with my metadata package -- weird. Anyway it's fixed, and only took all day to isolate it. I'll upload a new kitchen tomorrow.

Also, I'v messed around just a bit with new OEMs, and while I'm still a noob at the new kitchen, I really don't see what the point of EXT packages is.

If you want to add an OEM from an old style kitchen, all you have to do is put it in one of the oem folders, and remove the option.xml file.

One of the coolest things about this kitchen, is the overwrite feature. For example, I always customize my sys a certain way -- so in the past, I always had to find the files that I wanted to change and do it manually. Now, I can just have an oem of the files that I wanna change, and it automatically overwrites the sys files. Now all I have to do to customize the sys, is remove what I don't want and recmod the necessray dlls. Also, this kitchen can work for multiple devices, so I don't really have to do anything extra to make a TP rom or a Diamond rom once I have it all set up.
Wonderful. You're going to be playing with ROMs on July 4th?
To add the OEM to the OEM folder, we don't have to run it through EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe? Just remove the option.xml file and drop it in there? Cool.