PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 10:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

anyone familiar enough w/the new visual kitchen to know why i can't add any of my own OEM's? i'd like to get my work email OEMs dropped in, but i'm not having any luck.

i've tried dropping them on the ext packages rebuilder, and also adding them from the kitchen itself but it says "cannot import packages into this group"

*nevermind, it's working i just thought the folders would appear in the proper kitchen folder by dropping them on the package creator. it simply transforms the old package/OEM into the new style. it then just has to be dropped into the kitchen.
is there a proper place to put them? currently i'm just dropping them in the \EXT\DIAM500\Common\DIAM500_External_Packages folder (mimicking Da_G's setup)

it seems as if the OEM group is locked down (aside from manually deleting folders before running the kitchen). any reason for this?

*and has nuespinlock been performed on the xip or OEMs yet..?

Last edited by SOHKis; 07-02-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:40 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
couple things I've noticed.

1. youtube was erroring out for a bit then started working but if you tap the screen, the video doesn't minimize now, nor do you have the option to stop a video, it stays in full screen. Also volume control with the nifty little volume bar on the side is gone. so you can't put the volume down to one bar like in previous releases. (keep in mind this is a rom built in the kitchen so maybe Groove's beta doesn't do this)
2. Ie works again but there is a delay for approximatley 15 to 30 seconds when it's first opened. it depends though.

had the similar question that Trident has above on where the modified oem's are saved and applied. Can't seem to find the converted oem's.

Rom is running great, no other issues that I can see. Thanks again.
The YouTube thing is going to drive me nuts, I can tell. I tried a few things, and it's still messed up in builds with the visual kitchen. I have a feeling that I have a corrupted dll somewhere, so I may need to start over and rebuild the base -- fun, fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
The converted OEM's are just in the same folder you dragged over EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe (it makes it so that folder is ready to go in the kitchen). You can put them in grooveROM 5 Visual Kitchen\EXT\DIAM500\23001\DIAM500_External_Package s (at least I did and they end up in the ROM).
I noticed that EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe has issues with some packages, and sometimes EXT packages don't get iomplimented into the ROM. More fun stuff to look into..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
anyone familiar enough w/the new visual kitchen to know why i can't add any of my own OEM's? i'd like to get my work email OEMs dropped in, but i'm not having any luck.

i've tried dropping them on the ext packages rebuilder, and also adding them from the kitchen itself but it says "cannot import packages into this group"

*nevermind, it's working i just thought the folders would appear in the proper kitchen folder by dropping them on the package creator. it simply transforms the old package/OEM into the new style. it then just has to be dropped into the kitchen.
is there a proper place to put them? currently i'm just dropping them in the \EXT\DIAM500\Common\DIAM500_External_Packages folder (mimicking Da_G's setup)

it seems as if the OEM group is locked down (aside from manually deleting folders before running the kitchen). any reason for this?

*and has nuespinlock been performed on the xip or OEMs yet..?
Yes, it's all nueSpinLocked.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:48 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
- The kitchen has duplicates overwrite feature, so you won't get BuildOS duplicate errors, but what this also means is that if you do have duplicates, the first in the chain will get overwritten by the last. There's an option to alert of duplicates, but you gotta look.Found the option, but the question is, what order do the items run? Does EXT run before OEMs? Within the folder, do they run alphabetically by title/name?
I think that SYS runs first, then OEM, then EXT. You can watch the process while building.

Quote:
- This kitchen handles OEMs differently than older kitchens, so you can't just drag and drop oems from Calkulin's kitchen without converting. I haven't done much of this yet, but my understanding is that you drag and drop the old style OEM onto EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe in the kitchen, and it will convert for you. Then you put the new OEM in the appropriate sub folder of the EXT folder. Which subfolder? I have DIAM500 & Shared, then they have other subfolders not named anything that relates to the converted OEMs.
I don't really think it matters.
Quote:
- To select or deselect EXT or SYS packages, just double click it in the kitchen, once you've got the kitchen running. Packages in the OEM folder can't be deselected, so if you want to remove any of them, you need to remove the package manually. What about if we want to add a SYS file? I usually include OneNote in my ROM and it's two SYS folders that I usually just transfer over.
Best thing to do is to download Da_G's kitchen, and pull the sys folders from his kitchen over to mine.

Quote:
- To run the kitchen, double click erviuskitchen.exe and the kitchen will open. Then choose load rom in the upper right(I think you mean left ), and choose the latest groveROM build. This will automatically load the stock settings for my ROM. Once we've created a ROM, can we just save it and then start from there with those settings? This would be a huge upgrade in itself if we had a way to save our current settings.
You can save the rom before or after you build it, with the save rom button in the upper left.

Quote:
- By default, the ROMs are build with a 0MB pagepool, so be sure to change it to your desired PP with the PP changer -- I perfer 24MB. Then flash the rom with the Custom_RUU.exe as normal. There are two buttons for PP changers- each of them opens a File Open dialogue box. Browse to our completed ROM or an nbh file or something?
Yes, browse to the RUU_signed.nbh. It looks like it is actually buiolding at 6BM PP, not 0MB. Also, it looks like you can build with your desired PP by pressing the "other" button beforte building, and changing the PP size.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Yes, it's all nueSpinLocked.
sweet, thanks man
Old 07-02-2009, 02:14 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is there a kitchen for dummies im lost trying to create 1
Old 07-02-2009, 02:19 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
I posted basic instructions a page or two back. I'm trying to work out some bugs now..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:27 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
Did you read Da_G's instructions?http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=474406
The big thing is to delete the files you don't want (and are sure aren't needed ) from the SYS files. Then add in your converted EXT/OEM files.
Load ROM (first time you do it, you'll only have one choice, so open that one).
Scroll to the bottom and dbl-click all your added files so they say True.
Create ROM.
Once it's done, I go to Kitchen directory and use the PP changer that I know how to use- make sure you browse back to the correct file [ruu_signed.nbh] as it will go to the last one you used it for. For me it opened to an nbh file from another kitchen!
Dbl-click Custom_RUU.exe.
You know the rest.
I'm about to try the last step for the first time and see what kind of result I get.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:56 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Well. That didn't work so well.
It looks like NONE of my added packages in the EXT folders were built in.
No Titanium at all.
Every time I open something, it opens, but won't go away when closed.
Curiously, YouTube works fine; I saw that some people were having issues.
When I select different today plugins, everything starts working normally, but still no Titanium.
The only customization that seems to have "taken" is the additional notification sounds- probably because they were added to a SYS file.

Last edited by Trident; 07-02-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:17 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Well. That didn't work so well.
It looks like NONE of my added packages in the EXT folders were built in.
No Titanium at all.
Every time I open something, it opens, but won't go away when closed.
Curiously, YouTube works fine; I saw that some people were having issues.
When I select different today plugins, everything starts working normally, but still no Titanium.
The only customization that seems to have "taken" is the additional notification sounds- probably because they were added to a SYS file.
I had issues with EXT packages too. YouTube works fine?? I've been pulling my hair (what's left of it) over YouTube all day. Volume overlay in YT works, and the touch screen is responsive during playback?? What did you change?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I posted basic instructions a page or two back. I'm trying to work out some bugs now..
I'm lost with this new kitchen, I guess I need to start reading some more and get familiar with it. Thanks for posting it up inda!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development