View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:40 PM
indagroove
AWOL
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
couple things I've noticed.

1. youtube was erroring out for a bit then started working but if you tap the screen, the video doesn't minimize now, nor do you have the option to stop a video, it stays in full screen. Also volume control with the nifty little volume bar on the side is gone. so you can't put the volume down to one bar like in previous releases. (keep in mind this is a rom built in the kitchen so maybe Groove's beta doesn't do this)
2. Ie works again but there is a delay for approximatley 15 to 30 seconds when it's first opened. it depends though.

had the similar question that Trident has above on where the modified oem's are saved and applied. Can't seem to find the converted oem's.

Rom is running great, no other issues that I can see. Thanks again.
The YouTube thing is going to drive me nuts, I can tell. I tried a few things, and it's still messed up in builds with the visual kitchen. I have a feeling that I have a corrupted dll somewhere, so I may need to start over and rebuild the base -- fun, fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
The converted OEM's are just in the same folder you dragged over EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe (it makes it so that folder is ready to go in the kitchen). You can put them in grooveROM 5 Visual Kitchen\EXT\DIAM500\23001\DIAM500_External_Package s (at least I did and they end up in the ROM).
I noticed that EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe has issues with some packages, and sometimes EXT packages don't get iomplimented into the ROM. More fun stuff to look into..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
anyone familiar enough w/the new visual kitchen to know why i can't add any of my own OEM's? i'd like to get my work email OEMs dropped in, but i'm not having any luck.

i've tried dropping them on the ext packages rebuilder, and also adding them from the kitchen itself but it says "cannot import packages into this group"

*nevermind, it's working i just thought the folders would appear in the proper kitchen folder by dropping them on the package creator. it simply transforms the old package/OEM into the new style. it then just has to be dropped into the kitchen.
is there a proper place to put them? currently i'm just dropping them in the \EXT\DIAM500\Common\DIAM500_External_Packages folder (mimicking Da_G's setup)

it seems as if the OEM group is locked down (aside from manually deleting folders before running the kitchen). any reason for this?

*and has nuespinlock been performed on the xip or OEMs yet..?
Yes, it's all nueSpinLocked.
This post has been thanked 2 times.