PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 02:01 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [060109] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

I'm starting to get into the nitty gritty of this stuff. Kind of cool.

I'd like to be able to change the default sounds that are used for various notifications- primarily for messaging. I've been looking through different folders and files, but haven't found them yet. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor
Re: [060109] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post

I'd like to be able to change the default sounds that are used for various notifications- primarily for messaging. I've been looking through different folders and files, but haven't found them yet. Can someone steer me in the right direction?
you might want to take a look at one of rstg's kitchens...he uses custom sounds for startup, ringer, email, text message and shutdown (which i love btw)

edit- take a look at rstg's zzz_my_sounds_oem folder in his kitchen and here is his tutorial http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28990

Last edited by stravy; 05-31-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:09 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
I'm having problems reading attachments in the mail program... I can download the attachment, ie mp3 or pdf but I get an error when I try to launch it. Problem appears to be specific to email reader, as when I launch it from a gmail over Opera session, it works. Believe this is over several of the last releases.
Thanks, I'll look into the fix.

EDIT: FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Use the rgu in OEMdrivers to assign sounds, or in Rhodium Ringtones, if you use that package.

Last edited by indagroove; 05-31-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Re: [052809] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) [ROM & Kitchen]

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState87 View Post
I agree with just about all of that. I like WM6.5, I just don't like it's home screen. It just seems less productive and like it has less functionality than TF3D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
Ok, this is my first custom rom and I'm really enjoying it, but really think titanium is almost as annoying as tf3d. What I really liked as the today screen on my 6.1 Diamond was the BigHTCHOME.cab which made it look like an greatly improved vogue. After all the work I've spent customizing, I'm almost afraid to try it on 6.5 I could do most things with one touch of a button! Productivity at it best!!! do you think it will work on 6.5 (if I turn titanium off of course)?

Also, do you think my SPB backup works on 6.5? It runs, even looks pretty good when I expand the backup file, but do you think it gets everything and will be useful to restore if I do mess things up? I always have activesync for contacts, but I hate rebuilding all my email accounts and phone faves, and preferences, etc.

I do love all the programs out there on this rom! I thought about going simple rom, but it didn't look like it had voice command and I can't live without that!

Thanx Groove!!!! Great work!!!!! It inspired me to download the whole kitchen and check it out!!!! Thanx

If anyone want to try what I'm talking about, this is where someone pointed me long ago (in phone years)
Courtesy of michyprima over at XDA. Profile tab doesn't work for me, but can be removed using HHC. http://rapidshare.com/files/14286618...CHOME.CAB.html

So I deactivated titanium and installed BigHTCHOME on your rom and love it. So much power, right from the today screen!!! Start takes me to 6.5 version of programs, yet I still get to old start programs from my quick programs menu! Nine quick dial icons on today screen! Everything one touch access! All I need now is good lock (slide to unlock only works on incoming, not on lock or autolock). To make it autolock I tried installing devicelock 1.1 and it seemed to work, but then it didn't work today after auto reboot by spb backup. tried reactivating it and it got real flaky, did remove program and tried the lockscreen 1.7d, installed it in device, instead of internal storage and I couldn't even find a place to start it or configure it in any menu and it broke many functions (especially manual screen rotate) and froze my phone. Had to take the battery out and remove it as well. Then tried devicelock 1.2, again installing in device instead of internal storage and it also froze my phone. Currently restoring from this morning and just a little baffled. Should I never install anything to device, only internal storage? Any ideas what's going on? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, you seem really on top of this forum, you are definitely a wizard!

Last edited by etski; 05-31-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

did my restore from this morning and things are still really flakey, makes me wonder what's in internal storage. My SPB backup only backs up device, not internal storage the way I have it configured and it makes me rethink my whole backup strategy. Does your rom install stuff in internal storage initially? What should I be backing up from internal storage? Looks like I wiped out my text messages from today, so obviously you don't put those on internal storage, I'm actually a little surprised by that with how well you manage memory. What stuff that usually sits on the device do you move to internal storage? What do you use for backup and how do you keep your stuff in sync when you're always burning new roms? Do you actually redo your own live phone constantly? Doesn't it drive you crazy?
Old 05-31-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

xmovingx is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to xmovingx Send a message via Yahoo to xmovingx
Question Re: [060109] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

anyone having the email / text issuse? when you start a new email or sometime text you start to put the name or number in the TO: but there isnt anything showing????

(havnt had this problem with this rom, but i want to install it and just checking.. i had this problem on a couple other roms )

ok just finish installing and now going back to shipped sprint rom, i have the same issue. the only thing i can think is the contact are from the outloock office sync and there is some type of confilck.. sucks..

if anyone had this problem and fixed it let me know.. works perfect on the windows moblie shipped rom, just any rom i install and i always install roms with a clean rom..

Last edited by xmovingx; 05-31-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Use the rgu in OEMdrivers to assign sounds, or in Rhodium Ringtones, if you use that package.
didn't see an RGU file in the kitchen/oem/oemdrivers folder
Old 05-31-2009, 05:12 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
didn't see an RGU file in the kitchen/oem/oemdrivers folder
785ef691-88cf-476f-865d-d9707a9a1dd1.rgu

hidden file.

enable view hidden files on yer pc
Old 05-31-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

how much room is left after a fresh install of grooverom 5 ,in main memory, not ram
Old 05-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

i know that ppl have discussed telus before in this thread but i have searched for a definite answer as to it working on a telus diamond and I'm yet to find it, so i just wanted to ask, has anyone tried the latest "grooveROM" rom on a telus diamond ??? and if so how does it run?? The reason i ask is, I would really like to try this rom because I think it looks very nice and am yet to try a WM6.5 rom and would just like my first WM6.5 experience to go well, because i have read in many threads that it is still a little sketchy and may still be a bit buggy, so i just wanted to see if anyone else on telus has tried this rom. Thank you very much to anyone that can answer this for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development