etski
Regular 'Geeker

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [052809] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) [ROM & Kitchen]

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState87 View Post
I agree with just about all of that. I like WM6.5, I just don't like it's home screen. It just seems less productive and like it has less functionality than TF3D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
Ok, this is my first custom rom and I'm really enjoying it, but really think titanium is almost as annoying as tf3d. What I really liked as the today screen on my 6.1 Diamond was the BigHTCHOME.cab which made it look like an greatly improved vogue. After all the work I've spent customizing, I'm almost afraid to try it on 6.5 I could do most things with one touch of a button! Productivity at it best!!! do you think it will work on 6.5 (if I turn titanium off of course)?

Also, do you think my SPB backup works on 6.5? It runs, even looks pretty good when I expand the backup file, but do you think it gets everything and will be useful to restore if I do mess things up? I always have activesync for contacts, but I hate rebuilding all my email accounts and phone faves, and preferences, etc.

I do love all the programs out there on this rom! I thought about going simple rom, but it didn't look like it had voice command and I can't live without that!

Thanx Groove!!!! Great work!!!!! It inspired me to download the whole kitchen and check it out!!!! Thanx

If anyone want to try what I'm talking about, this is where someone pointed me long ago (in phone years)
Courtesy of michyprima over at XDA. Profile tab doesn't work for me, but can be removed using HHC. http://rapidshare.com/files/14286618...CHOME.CAB.html

So I deactivated titanium and installed BigHTCHOME on your rom and love it. So much power, right from the today screen!!! Start takes me to 6.5 version of programs, yet I still get to old start programs from my quick programs menu! Nine quick dial icons on today screen! Everything one touch access! All I need now is good lock (slide to unlock only works on incoming, not on lock or autolock). To make it autolock I tried installing devicelock 1.1 and it seemed to work, but then it didn't work today after auto reboot by spb backup. tried reactivating it and it got real flaky, did remove program and tried the lockscreen 1.7d, installed it in device, instead of internal storage and I couldn't even find a place to start it or configure it in any menu and it broke many functions (especially manual screen rotate) and froze my phone. Had to take the battery out and remove it as well. Then tried devicelock 1.2, again installing in device instead of internal storage and it also froze my phone. Currently restoring from this morning and just a little baffled. Should I never install anything to device, only internal storage? Any ideas what's going on? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, you seem really on top of this forum, you are definitely a wizard!

Last edited by etski; 05-31-2009 at 03:37 PM.