PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Saturn2888 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: .RSTG Custom Sprint Rom - TF3D Tweaked & Loaded - v3.7.05 + Kitchen 5/14/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
It all personal preference. this rom is one of the most stable, colorful, loaded roms out there. tons of games, interesting tf3d, nice taskbar and volume icons. by the way, Mighty rom is not 6.5, he has a 6.1 out now. Regarding the speed of this rom, I have not experienced slowness like you mentioned. You can improve the speed a little if you want by reflashing and changing the pagepool to 12 or 16mb. RSTG has this on stock settings which is 6mb. Like I said, I haven't noticed much of a slow down but it all depends. Regarding Android, not yet on the Diamond as far as I know.
How would I go about doing this? I'm right now deciding between Mighty ROM and .RSTG again because I need my phone replaced.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:58 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn2888 View Post
How would I go about doing this? I'm right now deciding between Mighty ROM and .RSTG again because I need my phone replaced.
if you are referring to changing the pagepool. then you need to do the following. Download rstg rom, extract it to your desktop. then when you open the folder, there is a pagepool changer icon, select it. on the next screen hit Select on the right side by of the rom file screen. Then pick the nbh file of RSTG, hit open. on the next screen, under Pagepool size, Mb, select the whole part area and change the pagepool to a higher number. for RSTG roms, it should say 6, but you can change it to 12 or 16 if you want. once you select another figure, hit Change to, to confirm the pp change. you are done.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
if you are referring to changing the pagepool. then you need to do the following. Download rstg rom, extract it to your desktop. then when you open the folder, there is a pagepool changer icon, select it. on the next screen hit Select on the right side by of the rom file screen. Then pick the nbh file of RSTG, hit open. on the next screen, under Pagepool size, Mb, select the whole part area and change the pagepool to a higher number. for RSTG roms, it should say 6, but you can change it to 12 or 16 if you want. once you select another figure, hit Change to, to confirm the pp change. you are done.
Is there a picture I can see to help?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn2888 View Post
Is there a picture I can see to help?
Its on my desktop let me try to take a couple pics, will get back to you.

Here are two, Image one is the pic of inside a rom folder that was extracted to the desktop, image 2 is once you select pp changer. sorry best I could do on the images.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_001.jpg (685.7 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_002.jpg (925.6 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Riley; 05-25-2009 at 10:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks man.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:48 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
There is noyhing better than geeks helping geeks!

Old 05-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
There is noyhing better than geeks helping geeks!
with the key word being geek!! thanks man.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

maleko is a n00b

Been trying to d/l 3.7.05 full many times in the last few hours but ftp keeps dying. Any mirrors?

Thx.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok guys, I'm back to this ROM . I have a question. Can you add that Sprint data thingy to the first post so I can find it if I ever need it again please? Thanks.

I can't seem to change my ringer to the one I used to have that was an old phone. It was OldPhone2 I think. For some reason I have very few ringers to choose from but for all the other options, everything's there.

How do I make my keys larger again for when I'm typing a text or something. When I got my replacement phone from Sprint, they were huge and frankly, a lot easier to type with. I don't like the half-sized ones because I'm not nearly as accurate. I forgot how to fix that. Actually, I don't remember what all I did the last two times I did anything to my phone. Must've been a lot.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
How do I make my keys larger again for when I'm typing a text or something. When I got my replacement phone from Sprint, they were huge and frankly, a lot easier to type with. I don't like the half-sized ones because I'm not nearly as accurate. I forgot how to fix that. Actually, I don't remember what all I did the last two times I did anything to my phone. Must've been a lot.

Hey, are you referring to the keyboard installed on this rom(size of the keys on the screen) or the size of the text you are viewing. If so, attached is the original sip cab that has the larger letters. if its the text size on the screen, Start>Settings>System tab>Screen>Text size tab>enlarge.

Regarding the keyboard you need to Close SIPGT_app.exe with task manager before installing this cab. very important. so open the task manager, and close or kill the process listed above. One other thing, after installing the keyboard, when you first open it, it will be in another language, no worries though. Just select the arrow directly to the right of the keyboard icon on the bottom center of the screen, choose language, switch to English. done. good luck.

**also added sipchange to pick your default keyboard. Not sure if this is cooked in but if not, install it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Diamond_Sip_Gr-Eng_VGA_by_Swtos.cab (4.41 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab SIPChange.CAB (225.9 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development