PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.26 Updated 3/8/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
The registry entry sounded cool enough.... lol.

Try this fix:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Camera\Captparam
EnableDateFolder=1

And that will set it to "old-school" and function as normal and show up in the album. I'll update my OEM and it will be fixed in the next release.

Keep diggin on that camera! Cutting edge stuff here! And thanks for running my rom and reporting those undocumented features!
Thanks. I kind of like the dated folders as well. It's great to have a timeline for when pictures are taken. Thanks for the fix. I wasn't that much of a camera dude on the diamond but with all of these enhancements, I will definitely play around with it alot more. that is if I can put down the icbm (missile command) for a minute
Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.23 Updated 3/3/09

Quote:
Hit the send key to open your dialer. From there click the right softkey "menu", then options...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...95&postcount=2
Thanks...sorry, I had missed the "open the dialer" part of the sentence...not enough sleep lately I guess.

And thanks for the link!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

iTEK is just getting started
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.26 Updated 3/8/09

Quote:
Is that while your in threaded mode? I could post the original file if you would like to change it back...

edit: it's wanting to scroll the window in the window...
Yes, in threaded mode. Is that the only way to make scrolling work? The double scroll bars are not for a very big area, maybe you can reduce the typing area by one line or so?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.23 Updated 3/3/09

Quote:
Hit the send key to open your dialer. From there click the right softkey "menu", then options...

Original taskbar icons are from the following link. I originally used v2, then v3.1.4. tsowen has them attached to the post.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...95&postcount=2
+1 on the v3.1.4 icons, especially because of the hard to read battery icon. If that could be like a color coded 2 number(not 3) display only, that would be fine, but not a deal-breaker. 100% could be an F or something...

Also, is there a way to make the battery be a clock on all screens except the home screen? I tried all the places I know (diamonTweak etc.) but the setting doesn't seem to stick. With the battery bar at the top it seems superfluous, and there are plenty of times when I am doing stuff on the phone and would like to know the time...
Old 03-09-2009, 10:46 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by itek View Post
+1 on the v3.1.4 icons, especially because of the hard to read battery icon. If that could be like a color coded 2 number(not 3) display only, that would be fine, but not a deal-breaker. 100% could be an F or something...

Also, is there a way to make the battery be a clock on all screens except the home screen? I tried all the places I know (diamonTweak etc.) but the setting doesn't seem to stick. With the battery bar at the top it seems superfluous, and there are plenty of times when I am doing stuff on the phone and would like to know the time...
Ok, the original tsowens v3.1.4 icons are back next build.

And a rather interesting thing that I do in my personal build... This is some more cutting edge "Talking stuff"... Ready?

StartMenu-Settings-Personal-Buttons then from the dropdown box select "Voice Command". Your done. Oh and now when you "send key (hold)" wait for that beep, and say "what time is it", the phone will now respond by saying the time. Is that cutting edge or what?

There is a registry entry to display the time in all programs, but it messes up the home display I think. I'll look into it that old fashioned edit for ya....

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

And a rather interesting thing that I do in my personal build... This is some more cutting edge "Talking stuff"... Ready?

StartMenu-Settings-Personal-Buttons then from the dropdown box select "Voice Command". Your done. Oh and now when you "send key (hold)" wait for that beep, and say "what time is it", the phone will now respond by saying the time. Is that cutting edge or what?

There is a registry entry to display the time in all programs, but it messes up the home display I think. I'll look into it that old fashioned edit for ya....

Not exactly what I had in mind, but cool non-the-less...
Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:

awesome on the icons. now is there a way to hit the send key and say icbm, I will be set for life! just kidding.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:09 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by itek View Post
Not exactly what I had in mind, but cool non-the-less...
From the home page in tf3d, click the clock, choose the more tab. Click the top box, ok and save. It will show the clock in all programs, but it will also cause the battery to disappear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
awesome on the icons. now is there a way to hit the send key and say icbm, I will be set for life! just kidding.
You can map the keypress as well, select ICBM instead of Voicecommand. And don't worry, it wears off. When I first found ICBM, that was my game for like a week. lol...
Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:

That is sweet, I see you have been holding out on us.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
That is sweet, I see you have been holding out on us.
Just like the computer and cellphone companies. They have the technology and know what their upcoming devices will be capable of, but if they released "everything" now, you wouldn't buy anymore of their products for a while. Release it slowly and consumers will buy more.

I can't release everything... My rom would float to the bottom if there were no new feature updates. I like keeping the thread alive that way. (don't like a thread full of bug reports)

Other usefull voicecommands I use:
what is my signal strength
what is my battery level
call {name}
ringer vibrate
ringer high
call back
help
show {name}
what are my appointments
play media
start {application} <--- Most used.

start ICBM <---- for rileyd5...lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development