PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 10:06 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.23 Updated 3/3/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4ifrank View Post
Very cool, stylus works now, THANK YOU!!!
Glad that you got it. And thanks for helping out treedog and brock...

I ran into a couple issues last evening so the update won't be this morning. Maybee tonight... But I had to pull a few tricks outta da hat and I'm going in the right direction now. Here is the changelog so far:

Quote:
- Update G-Alarm v1.5.1...done.
- Changed Volume Control Skin to Vista Blue Dots...done.
- Added 17 misc camera theme backgrounds...almost done.
- Added 7 misc ringers from stock rom...done.
- Added 6 misc alert sounds from stock rom...done.
- Tweaked on camera
-- Enabled ALL Camera Modes (so you can play)
--- 1. Photo, 2. Video, 3. Panorama(4 stitches), 4. MMS Video, 5. Contacts, 6. Burst, 7. Picture Theme, 8. Sports, 9. Video Share, 10. GPS Photo....done.
-- Set "Shoot Option" to "Touch"...done.
--
- Upgraded Weather DBase, US Cities only now from ppckitchen....done
Several enhancements as you can see. Snags were a tornado warning during my tweak time, and had issues altering the camera settings. I was gonna update to the raphael camera, but couldn't get the camera themes to work. No enhancements otherwise in the two cameras, so we'll stick with the stock camera. Now to tweak the speeds...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.23 Updated 3/3/09

Thanks for the hard work, and glad to hear you are ok. Can't wait to see what you pull out of your hat...
Old 03-08-2009, 12:39 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Ok? I'm as tough as a box of nails, and with a tornado warning, severe thunderstorm warning for 2 hours last night, didn't see a drop of rain. I think the folks at the national weather service here probably ain't running this rom... lol...

On to time update issues from this morning. If you'all are having trouble with your phone time zone being off, open your dialer, select Menu-Options... then select the Services Tab, find and select Time Synchronization, click get setttings. Uncheck the "Time synchronize with mobile network automatically". Otherwise everytime your phone updates the time with the network, it'll change it on ya... I'm working on this issue now, but I think it's a network thing...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ericu571 is a n00b

I like this ROM and all the features, but is there a way I can remove all the stuff I don't want from it. I would like to have a ROM with all the software extras, but not all the crazy icons and menus. Basically, the same ROM but looks like it came out of the Sprint box.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:50 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericu571 View Post
I like this ROM and all the features, but is there a way I can remove all the stuff I don't want from it. I would like to have a ROM with all the software extras, but not all the crazy icons and menus. Basically, the same ROM but looks like it came out of the Sprint box.
Funny, my psyc doc says I'm crazy too... You could disable the menu, QuickMenu. See the bottom of post #2. Otherwise, you might try one of the other roms available here, they aren't as "tweaked" in the GUI area as mine are. But you'll get used it and appreciate my extra's later and will never settle for less again! It's just different than what your used too, give it a day...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 03-08-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Ok? I'm as tough as a box of nails, and with a tornado warning, severe thunderstorm warning for 2 hours last night, didn't see a drop of rain. I think the folks at the national weather service here probably ain't running this rom... lol...

On to time update issues from this morning. If you'all are having trouble with your phone time zone being off, open your dialer, select Menu-Options... then select the Services Tab, find and select Time Synchronization, click get setttings. Uncheck the "Time synchronize with mobile network automatically". Otherwise everytime your phone updates the time with the network, it'll change it on ya... I'm working on this issue now, but I think it's a network thing...
awesome thanks for the tip on the time zone thing. Looking forward to seeing you new rom!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid incredible
Carrier: verizon

th3drow is a n00b

couple of issues with the rom. firstly , i use spb keyboard for typing, and its not a huge deal but sometimes when i text or input somewhere, i will touch the spot to start typing, my keyboard pops up and then goes away and i have to hit it again once or twice more before it acts normally.

secondsly the battery meter seems off on this, the other day it was sitting at 50% for a long time while i did some stuff, then all of the sudden it just jumped to 20%.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:01 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3drow View Post
couple of issues with the rom. firstly , i use spb keyboard for typing, and its not a huge deal but sometimes when i text or input somewhere, i will touch the spot to start typing, my keyboard pops up and then goes away and i have to hit it again once or twice more before it acts normally.

secondsly the battery meter seems off on this, the other day it was sitting at 50% for a long time while i did some stuff, then all of the sudden it just jumped to 20%.
I've noticed this sometimes in threaded messaging. I don't recall if I fixed it, I think I just learned how to make it not happen. I'll look into that, which rom version are you using?

And the battery, I don't have any issues like that. Well, unless I'm using gps, then I can watch the battery meter move. Use the battery monitor app located in the startmenu-programs-utilities. This will help you monitor your "DisChargeCurrent" and help you find the apps/activities that drain that battery. Keep me posted what you find, I'm not having any abnormal issues... And thanks for considering making this rom your permanent rom! (I'm working on that...) lol...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

bjwiens is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to bjwiens

Hey I gotta say everytime I have an issue or problem I know right where to look for the answer. I'm on my 4th rom and actually went away from yours only to come back to it because of all your tweaks, thanks for all the hard work...I await your next update.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

is your new release going to have less lag issues? I really miss this rom......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development