PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.23 Updated 3/3/09

Quote:
They seem to think I need to change a few things to make the rom "more popular". So after a couple pm exchanges, I challenged them to make it more "popular". They are supposed to upload their more "popular" version tonight so I can look at it. They appear to have quite a bit of knowledge for their post counts, and they have requested to remain nameless until they "fix" my rom... I think they just created new user names, but I don't want to bust 'em... Let them play their games lol... Let's give em a chance and see what they can do.
they are crazy!!! your rom is flawless. Popular??, this rom is loaded with fun apps and personality. I just realized how much I miss missile command by the way. Lost half my battery playing that last night!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.23 Updated 3/3/09

rileyd got me into flashing, and I always look to him for advise, but I would say let the rom get tweaked. I am having a lot of just lag/glitch issues. And the text boxes when in conversation are really wierd, you can't flip them to landscape without a ton of issues. I love the way this looks, I love so much about it, but with the sms not being able to flip, and the lag issues, I can't ever take it for longer then a few days. BUT I love this rom so much!

And yes I did clear storage after flashing, no short cuts!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
rileyd got me into flashing, and I always look to him for advise, but I would say let the rom get tweaked. I am having a lot of just lag/glitch issues. And the text boxes when in conversation are really wierd, you can't flip them to landscape without a ton of issues. I love the way this looks, I love so much about it, but with the sms not being able to flip, and the lag issues, I can't ever take it for longer then a few days. BUT I love this rom so much!

And yes I did clear storage after flashing, no short cuts!
I cant speak to the text flip issues. I did play around with flip-it but prefer to just use the built in rotate screen option. flip-it seemed to slow things down a little but not that prevalent. regarding lag issues, I dont have that at all even if I load this puppy up and have under 10mbs of space left. there must be a reason for it. by the way, has anyone tried the new cleanram app that's out there. Pretty cool and could help with the lag you are experiencing. thanks.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:18 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

great, now the thread is gonna jump to 300 pages in one night, there goes learning anything important about the rom...
but i must say to you rstoyguy, that you are the best at responding to peoples "issues" with your rom. and you have a good knowledge of exactly what you did and where, so you can address any said issues quickly....
keep up the good work, and remember, being popular isnt always the best..

Help Me Help You
Old 03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

yeah I noticed flip it slowed it down, so I installed the diamond2 screen rotation, which uses the built in gsensor, and same thing, lag lag lag.... but I am still using this for now, maybe wth some use it will get better
Old 03-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
great, now the thread is gonna jump to 300 pages in one night, there goes learning anything important about the rom...
but i must say to you rstoyguy, that you are the best at responding to peoples "issues" with your rom. and you have a good knowledge of exactly what you did and where, so you can address any said issues quickly....

I was thinking the same thing, and Ditto on the help he gives.

Last edited by sprintnerd; 03-05-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

mucky is becoming a great contributor

rstoy,
Here is my start text file that won't work. Thanks for your help
Attached Files
File Type: zip shellres.dll.0409.zip (45.2 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:48 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
That's cause I don't drag-n-drop, I make all mine from scratch. And I do "attack" any issues don't I. I hate them egotistical know-it-alls from radioshack who actually know something... lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I cant speak to the text flip issues. I did play around with flip-it but prefer to just use the built in rotate screen option. flip-it seemed to slow things down a little but not that prevalent. regarding lag issues, I dont have that at all even if I load this puppy up and have under 10mbs of space left. there must be a reason for it. by the way, has anyone tried the new cleanram app that's out there. Pretty cool and could help with the lag you are experiencing. thanks.
No text flipping issues here either, although there isn't enough screen height in landscape...
And cleanram app seems cool, but I'll give it a bit. I don't really like someone else deciding what to delete on my device, but seems like a good app. ClearTemp or CleanRam, that's the new vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
I was thinking the same thing, and Ditto on the help he gives. =D>
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
yeah I noticed flip it slowed it down, so I installed the diamond2 screen rotation, which uses the built in gsensor, and same thing, lag lag lag.... but I am still using this for now, maybe wth some use it will get better
The lag is caused by the polling it does on the systems gsensor. That's why it's disabled by default. But occassionally I put up with the lag and don't mind Flipping out, I mean flip-it...

I'll see what the new team comes up with, but I'm kinda thinking their fired already...

Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucky View Post
rstoy,
Here is my start text file that won't work. Thanks for your help
Anyone up for a challenge to help mucky out? I left the kitchen sink at home again... And mucky, got a link to the source? Just cut and paste from the address bar...
Old 03-05-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

mucky is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Anyone up for a challe to all in advance for the helpnge to help mucky out? I left the kitchen sink at home again... And mucky, got a link to the source? Just cut and paste from the address bar...
I made it myself. I just followed the instructions on the xda site. It works on some( most) roms. I had the same thing happen on mightys rom 4.2-4.5, but it worked on his newest release. I'm really liking your rom. It's really slick.

And thanks to all in advance for the help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development