PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.20 Updated 2/24/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Mapping pxshutxp to the power button...

You simply rename the psshutXP.exe file to the file that is invoked by windows when you long press the power key and overwrite it...

pxhutxp.exe is renamed to poweroffwarning.exe out of ..\OEM\OEMDrivers.

Not bad I suppose...here is the xda-thread for the .cab
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3225913

lol...props to dharvey, and to the psshutXP software guys.
hi Rstoyguy,

are you releasing anything tonight? only reason I ask is I was planning on hard resetting after the opera issue and was going to hold off if you were putting something out. no hurry, just figured I would ask. since deleting opera I can use the task manager now so I really messed this puppy up
Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.20 Updated 2/24/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
hi Rstoyguy,

are you releasing anything tonight? only reason I ask is I was planning on hard resetting after the opera issue and was going to hold off if you were putting something out. no hurry, just figured I would ask. since deleting opera I can use the task manager now so I really messed this puppy up
maybee in the morning...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
maybee in the morning...
thanks by they way, been running this release since it came out. today I am still at 50% battery after taking off the charger around 8am. not bad at all and on par or better than any rom I have tried! That's with moderate usage (several data sessions, 3 soft resets, couple short calls, youtube player usage, mdigger downloads, active sync set to 30 minute sync from 9 till 5, then "as items arrive since. outstanding and really improved from past releases.

edit: hooray. success on the opera problem. I somehow was able to get the taskmanager running, made sure all opera processes were not running, then reinstalled the cab. worked. only problem is I'm down to 7mb storage, ouch

Last edited by Riley; 03-02-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Saturn2888 is just getting started

Good job so far. On the colors, whatever would match the theme you're gonna have in there. Kinda odd to have a volume color out of the ordinary. Guess it doesn't matter that much though.

So did you like the idea of a patching ROM so people could keep up w/ it w/o losing everything?

Also, I'm having trouble keeping up w/ this thread it goes so fast, but I'll try my best!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:16 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
thanks by they way, been running this release since it came out. today I am still at 50% battery after taking off the charger around 8am. not bad at all and on par or better than any rom I have tried! That's with moderate usage (several data sessions, 3 soft resets, couple short calls, youtube player usage, mdigger downloads, active sync set to 30 minute sync from 9 till 5, then "as items arrive since. outstanding and really improved from past releases.

edit: hooray. success on the opera problem. I somehow was able to get the taskmanager running, made sure all opera processes were not running, then reinstalled the cab. worked. only problem is I'm down to 7mb storage, ouch
The battery life was a major concern when I first got this puppy, it drained so quickly. I think it's maximized for this device now. The only other improvement would be to remove the thing and not have any fun with my expensive toy... And 7mb of storage...thats when things start to crawl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn2888 View Post
Good job so far. On the colors, whatever would match the theme you're gonna have in there. Kinda odd to have a volume color out of the ordinary. Guess it doesn't matter that much though.

So did you like the idea of a patching ROM so people could keep up w/ it w/o losing everything?

Also, I'm having trouble keeping up w/ this thread it goes so fast, but I'll try my best!
I think the orange dots upgrade was one of the first things I did to my diamond cause I thought they were cool, I didn't care about colours either...

Patching the rom would be cool, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen
...Also my 30 days was up for WIN CE Cab maker so I have to purchase the software which runs around $98.00 (please don't offer me hacks either if you knew my profession you would understand why). Doing all of this is pricy for all the software involved, cab maker, adobe photoshop, pe explorer and so forth...
I do this as a hobby and that wasn't in my stocking this year...
Old 03-03-2009, 06:47 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Insomnia...sweet! lol. Here is an update folks. I may or may have not listed all the changes, but it's close. And for the memory savings, was pure tweakin'. I didn't remove anything but ca. 10mb of ringers I don't use... So we gained about 20+ megs.

rstg_Diam_2.7.23

Quote:
Version 2.7.23
- Added StartMenu-Settings-System-Flip-It, disabled by default...done
- Reverted back to original Opera 15306...done.
- Tweaked TF3D and Opera Shortcuts...done.
-- ppcgeeks.com, Opera:Config, xda-developers.forums.com.
- Added psShutXP, mapped to MECHANICAL power button...done. (don't break the MECHANICAL button. Soft reset is still best...)
- Added PeekPocket, wifi sniffer....done.
- Switched to misfortunes v1 taskbar icons...done.
- Misc memory savings. Now 49.6MB free on flash!...done.
-- Excluded extra sounds from build...done.
--- Use the CPY1: and CPY2: commands in UC links in post #2...done.
--- Extra sounds download link here...done.
Added another link to UC in post #2. Actual examples!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 03-03-2009 at 06:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Insomnia...sweet! lol. Here is an update folks. I may or may have not listed all the changes, but it's close. And for the memory savings, was pure tweakin'. I didn't remove anything but ca. 10mb of ringers I don't use... So we gained about 20+ megs.

rstg_Diam_2.7.23

Added another link to UC in post #2. Actual examples!
looks good ill try to flash tonite after work
Old 03-03-2009, 10:53 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.23 Updated 3/3/09

trying it now....i was running the full version before, and had so little memory i couldnt even open file explorer....lets see if this works....
p.s. Great stuff RSTG.....ill update once i get it flashed

Help Me Help You
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.23 Updated 3/3/09

Nice ROM!!! I just flashed to 2.7.23. I love the psShutXP being mapped to the power button!

I did have one question....I noticed the icons on the top changed (liked the old battery meter better personally) But my EV is now Ev, looks like the speed is the same and it is only cosmetic, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 11:11 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedfish View Post
Nice ROM!!! I just flashed to 2.7.23. I love the psShutXP being mapped to the power button!

I did have one question....I noticed the icons on the top changed (liked the old battery meter better personally) But my EV is now Ev, looks like the speed is the same and it is only cosmetic, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks
Yes, the change was made because of the battery when it hit 60%, it showed 59%. I'm sure it's just an icon misplacement, and looking at the "show your UC" in the touchpro section there may be a fix. If I ever get any time, I'll mix and match some. But yep, added a couple things, cleared up some memory, tweaked a little, and forgot to change the volume color.... Any one want to re-say that for me and hype it up?! I like to shoot it to ya all straight, without all that fluffiness/hype.

The advantages to this build are the psshutxp, faster-older-opera, and available memory.

Edit: and hollar at misfortune to fix the icon capilization! I'd browse that thread, but at work I can't see any pictures. Usually I would look at the pics, then search for a .cab... In that thread of course...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 03-03-2009 at 11:13 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development