PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 11:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bjwiens is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bjwiens
Re: RSTG Sprint(leaked) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v1.7.11 Updated 2/10/09

toyguy, even with the updated stock rom I can't connect to my juno mail except getting a message every couple hours but always getting a synch error when sending, any ideas on this? I love the loaded rom.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work
Re: RSTG Sprint(leaked) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v1.7.11 Updated 2/10/09

Flashed the new clean - 1.7.11k - but I can't load the FM Radio. Tried the icon several places, even went right into Windows folder. It looks like it will load (shows in title bar) but then nothing happens.

EDIT: I fixed it by copying files from OEM - I'm guessing some of the files are missing.

SECOND EDIT: Installed the buuf theme cab now FM isn't working again. Wassup with dat?

Thanks - I do appreciate all your work on this and sorry if it seems like I'm completely fixated on the FM. I found myself using it much more than I expected in other ROMS. Funny, though, that I have this state-of-the-art phone and my main focus is wanting to use 50 year old technology on it.

Last edited by Dreading; 02-13-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49901

might be something to incorporate.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:22 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49901

might be something to incorporate.
Already in there, check your registry to confirm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreading View Post
Flashed the new clean - 1.7.11k - but I can't load the FM Radio. Tried the icon several places, even went right into Windows folder. It looks like it will load (shows in title bar) but then nothing happens.

EDIT: I fixed it by copying files from OEM - I'm guessing some of the files are missing.

SECOND EDIT: Installed the buuf theme cab now FM isn't working again. Wassup with dat?

Thanks - I do appreciate all your work on this and sorry if it seems like I'm completely fixated on the FM. I found myself using it much more than I expected in other ROMS. Funny, though, that I have this state-of-the-art phone and my main focus is wanting to use 50 year old technology on it.
I have got to be the worst chef ever! Actually I'm constantly tweaking...Was checking out the skins file. copy \Windows\FM_skins.zip to a different directory, rename to "FM_skins.pkg" and copy back into windows. This radio is cool though, I'm sitting here tweaking on the rom listening to that FM Radio...and 10 feet away is an awesome stereo that could wake the whole hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwiens View Post
toyguy, even with the updated stock rom I can't connect to my juno mail except getting a message every couple hours but always getting a synch error when sending, any ideas on this? I love the loaded rom.
How are you setting up your mail?

And I looked into the keyboard problems last night and got the same results. So now you guys have a choice.
1. Stock Keyboards
2. White keyboard (as pictured above
3. Black keyboard as in other roms...

I have narrowed down the setting to "fix" it. I'm debating to tell ya straight, or fluff it up so it sounds like I got the answer from N.A.S.A. I'll probably just fix it...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post

And I looked into the keyboard problems last night and got the same results. So now you guys have a choice.
1. Stock Keyboards
2. White keyboard (as pictured above
3. Black keyboard as in other roms...

I have narrowed down the setting to "fix" it. I'm debating to tell ya straight, or fluff it up so it sounds like I got the answer from N.A.S.A. I'll probably just fix it...
haha, man i dont care what the issue is, i love the roms, just awant my texting/keyboard issues to go away.

back keyboards/black slide to answer is my vote
Thanks for all the hard work

Last edited by Brock1909; 02-13-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I have a clean ROM with FM and Buuf theme working! I had to re-flash and do the Buuf theme cab first, and then the FM_Skin renaming thing but I finally got it.

The only glitch I've hit since then is that the MP3 Trimmer cab I have doesn't work on this ROM. I think it was developed more for the GSM ROM's and its worked on some past Telus customs. I'll go on a search and see what I can find, but if anyone happens to have a good MP3 Trimmer cab laying around, would you mind posting?

On the keyboard, I'm neutral. I think black looks the coolest generally, but with the Buuf icons, the white is probably the most compatible. So - whatevah - if I don't find any major bugs, I'm probably just going to stick with this ROM for awhile anyway.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:18 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreading View Post
I have a clean ROM with FM and Buuf theme working! I had to re-flash and do the Buuf theme cab first, and then the FM_Skin renaming thing but I finally got it.

The only glitch I've hit since then is that the MP3 Trimmer cab I have doesn't work on this ROM. I think it was developed more for the GSM ROM's and its worked on some past Telus customs. I'll go on a search and see what I can find, but if anyone happens to have a good MP3 Trimmer cab laying around, would you mind posting?

On the keyboard, I'm neutral. I think black looks the coolest generally, but with the Buuf icons, the white is probably the most compatible. So - whatevah - if I don't find any major bugs, I'm probably just going to stick with this ROM for awhile anyway.

Thanks!
Good to hear about the radio, and mp3 trimmer should still be in there under startmenu-programs-multimedia. I don't remember taking it out anyways. And for the keyboard, stock is still my fav, as long as you have it set to abc and not xt9.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
and mp3 trimmer should still be in there under startmenu-programs-multimedia
Doh! Well, I have weird, different version of it now (has a flip-timer). Maybe that's why I had some issues because I was trying to install over an existing.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:28 PM
N00b

bjwiens is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to bjwiens

although it hasn't fixed my issue as of yet the techs at sprint said there's a glich with pop and imap e-mail. Here's the link to download the fix http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en the tech loaded it at the store but the issue is still there, I'll try playing around with it more later, hope this helps if anyone else has e-mail issues
Old 02-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jsvt3 is keeping up the good workjsvt3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to jsvt3

I like the black/black idea, just my two cents.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development