PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 11:01 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx
Re: [ROM][WWE]01-21-2009 Jmz Sprint Rom 3.6 CE OS 5.2.21109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
The main reason I don't use No2Chem's RapidCharge is because there is so much controversy regarding the usage of it. Even No2Chem says to not activate it automatically on a rom because there is a chance it could hurt a usb port on some computers. Too much trouble for me. The battery also lasts all day for me when the stock one would last about 3-4 hours. I only have to charge when I go to sleep.

I really don't know why I added landscape manila. I could prolly get more memory available if I got rid of it. I will look into getting rid of it.

I will also check into that program.

If you get 3.6 the music tab is back, shortcuts fixed, and sped up a bit in the manila world.
I understand where you are coming from with the Rapidcharge, the only issue I have is I generally talk on the phone with my girlfriend every night from about 10 PM - 3 AM, and when talking the discharge is higher than the charge and the phone eventually dies, a big hassle.

I really would recommend losing the landscape manila, I thought it would be awesome but I've found it virtually worthless on 3.0 and 3.5, and more memory is always a major plus.

I deleted those shortcuts myself, and the music tab is no biggy as I'm really into S2P now.

However as I said the ROM is extremely quick and I'm really digging it, great work.

Kinda a trivial thing: Why does every ROM creater cook Google Maps into their ROM? I've found Live Search to be soooo much easier and more effective, iunno. It's trivial.

One last thing, is Flash supposed to be working in this ROM? I tried the other day and got no flash support, might just be a setting or something?

EDIT: Only reason I'm not flashing up to 3.6 is due to my majorly slow download speeds(15 kb/s >_<) and it's a pain in the ***, I'd rather save myself a hard reset(considering getting this 3.5 setup took forever, and its virutally perfect) so i'll wait to the next major release.

EDIT2: And it looks like you're done with it from 3.0, but the "CleanTemp" program messed me up, badly. I ran it a few times without issues, but the last time I ran it before flashing to 3.5, it completely formatted my Internal Storage back to default(completely, all that survived was one file from TouchPal), and all of my main memory back to default, it was very very bad and a major problem. I just wanted to give you a heads up incase you were thinking of adding it back in.

Last edited by intx; 01-22-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

zoglog is becoming a great contributor

I agree about the landscape manila. After awhile i've just deactivated it w/ flip it.

I think the problem mainly is that it switches to landscape manilla on the slightest tilt.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Xda Flame + Xda 11s

LordBath is a n00b

forgive me for asking the wrong question, but will this v3 ROM work on the Xda Flame?

All credit to you, jmztaylor, for your work!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
I understand where you are coming from with the Rapidcharge, the only issue I have is I generally talk on the phone with my girlfriend every night from about 10 PM - 3 AM, and when talking the discharge is higher than the charge and the phone eventually dies, a big hassle.

I really would recommend losing the landscape manila, I thought it would be awesome but I've found it virtually worthless on 3.0 and 3.5, and more memory is always a major plus.

I deleted those shortcuts myself, and the music tab is no biggy as I'm really into S2P now.

However as I said the ROM is extremely quick and I'm really digging it, great work.

Kinda a trivial thing: Why does every ROM creater cook Google Maps into their ROM? I've found Live Search to be soooo much easier and more effective, iunno. It's trivial.

One last thing, is Flash supposed to be working in this ROM? I tried the other day and got no flash support, might just be a setting or something?

EDIT: Only reason I'm not flashing up to 3.6 is due to my majorly slow download speeds(15 kb/s >_<) and it's a pain in the ***, I'd rather save myself a hard reset(considering getting this 3.5 setup took forever, and its virutally perfect) so i'll wait to the next major release.

EDIT2: And it looks like you're done with it from 3.0, but the "CleanTemp" program messed me up, badly. I ran it a few times without issues, but the last time I ran it before flashing to 3.5, it completely formatted my Internal Storage back to default(completely, all that survived was one file from TouchPal), and all of my main memory back to default, it was very very bad and a major problem. I just wanted to give you a heads up incase you were thinking of adding it back in.
Honestly I don't know why about google maps. I install Sprint Navigator and that does just about anything google maps does. Maybe because it has satellite images on your phone. Are you talking about flash in internet explorer/opera or flash files? I use Skyfire which is going into my next release. I will check into the flash issue shortly.

Regarding CleanTemp. I never had an issue like that but I sure am glad I got rid of it then. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoglog View Post
I agree about the landscape manila. After awhile i've just deactivated it w/ flip it.

I think the problem mainly is that it switches to landscape manilla on the slightest tilt.
Removed from next release.

Thanks for your support.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Threadstarter

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBath View Post
forgive me for asking the wrong question, but will this v3 ROM work on the Xda Flame?

All credit to you, jmztaylor, for your work!

Honestly not a clue. Never heard of the device. So if someone reads this and knows please respond.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

I was talking about Opera Mobile.

And skyfire? Bleh, no thanks, terrible browser.

Good concept but it so ugly and hard to use, and the rendering looks gross.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Threadstarter

Quote:

But native flash support.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work

just curiuos, whats up with the Stock tab ?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
just curiuos, whats up with the Stock tab ?

Are you asking where is it or why its there? I don't have a stock tab
Old 01-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Threadstarter

Quote:

I am currently looking into the flash support and I think I figured out why it isn't working. I will just post a "hotfix" for it if I can figure it out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development