PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [1/1/09] Blue ROM v1.7 NOW FOR SPRINT & TELUS! (CE OS 5.2.20954, Build 20954)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman View Post
That sounds like one of the Calcu's kitchen bugs, as my ROM is based on his kitchen.

You need to get into triggered bootloader mode (see http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40490 for an explanation of this), flash a non-Calcu-based ROM (stock ROM, Juicy ROM, OMJ, etc.), then you can flash back to Blue ROM. Apparently, there's some sort of intermittent stability issue in that kitchen that causes this issue. I have not seen it on mine, but in following Calcu's thread, this problem has occasionally appeared.
Thanks for the quick reply Glossman. I definitely wasn't blaming it on you, I had this happen on Calcu's ROM but I was eventually able to boot so I could establish an AS connection and flash back to stock.

Now to flash from internal storage using triggered bootloader mode don't I need to be able to establish a connection with my PC to put the nbh file on the phone? If so it won't work since the PC doesn't see the phone. Thanks!

EDIT: I think I know what happened. After this happened to me the first time I went back to shipped, which I believe relocked the phone, correct? I used RUU_VICTOR_C_SPRINT_WWE_PPST_1.09.651.5_Radio_1.00 .00F_NV_1.44_Ship.exe. Then I flashed your ROM, without running the unlocker. Could that be the problem? But if it was still locked there's no way I should have been able to flash to your ROM, correct? Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by JAChavez99; 01-02-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Re: [1/1/09] Blue ROM v1.7 NOW FOR SPRINT & TELUS! (CE OS 5.2.20954, Build 20954)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Glossman. I definitely wasn't blaming it on you, I had this happen on Calcu's ROM but I was eventually able to boot so I could establish an AS connection and flash back to stock.

Now to flash from internal storage using triggered bootloader mode don't I need to be able to establish a connection with my PC to put the nbh file on the phone? If so it won't work since the PC doesn't see the phone. Thanks!
Sorry...I should have been more clear...Once you're in triggered bootloader mode, you can flash from the PC. You don't need to have an .nbh file on the phone. Once you see the "rainbow screen", plug your phone into your PC and run the RUU. Your phone will flash normally.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Sorry...I should have been more clear...Once you're in triggered bootloader mode, you can flash from the PC. You don't need to have an .nbh file on the phone. Once you see the "rainbow screen", plug your phone into your PC and run the RUU. Your phone will flash normally.
I was just coming back to say that I did more research and when in the triggered bootloader I plugged into USB and the message at the bottom changed from Serial to USB and I tried that same .exe file to return to stock and it looks like it's working, thanks a lot for the help, I was seriously sweating for a while!!

On a side note, doesn't using that .exe relock the phone? If so how was I able to flash your ROM? Thanks!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
I was just coming back to say that I did more research and when in the triggered bootloader I plugged into USB and the message at the bottom changed from Serial to USB and I tried that same .exe file to return to stock and it looks like it's working, thanks a lot for the help, I was seriously sweating for a while!!

On a side note, doesn't using that .exe relock the phone? If so how was I able to flash your ROM? Thanks!
Yes, I think if you use a stock ROM, it will overwrite the hacked bootloader and you'll need to unlock again. I keep OMJ's ROM on standby in case this happens, as it will work too and you won't have to re-unlock.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

This ROM looks pretty sweet, it has everything that I usually install after I flash a new ROM. I read all the posts in the thread but I have one question: how much storage memory does the phone have free after a hard reset?
Old 01-03-2009, 02:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Yes, I think if you use a stock ROM, it will overwrite the hacked bootloader and you'll need to unlock again. I keep OMJ's ROM on standby in case this happens, as it will work too and you won't have to re-unlock.
Just so you guys know. I reflashed the sprint shipped rom listed above, then reflashed a custom rom. If you phone is unlocked, it stays unlocked even if you flash to the shipped rom. it will only lock again if you choose to run the diamond relocker. Just wanted to clarify this. thanks.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Hind1 is keeping up the good workHind1 is keeping up the good work
Re: [1/1/09] Blue ROM v1.7 (CE OS 5.2.20954, Build 20954)

Quote:
LOL! That's how I got started in this...I couldn't handle not flashing every week or so.

I'm uploading the Telus ROM now. It's about 10 minutes from being complete. I've loaded it onto my Sprint Diamond, and it may actually be slightly more responsive than the Sprint version.

The other thing I noticed in running this is, the Sprint TV tab still appears in Manila. This is due to the fact that the custom blue interface was built on a Sprint Manila folder. In my next build, I'll create the blue Manila from scratch from a Telus folder.

Hopefully, I'll get to that this weekend.
Haha, that's awesome! :P I tried creating myself, but it's a little over my head lol.

Thanks... I won't be able to do anything in the Sprint TV tab right? It's basically just a shortcut launcher correct?

Please don't forget to press in the rare occurrence that I have helped you!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
This ROM looks pretty sweet, it has everything that I usually install after I flash a new ROM. I read all the posts in the thread but I have one question: how much storage memory does the phone have free after a hard reset?
Approximately 70 mb.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: BELL

machold is becoming a great contributor

OK! flashed your ROM on my Telus HDTDiamond; everything working.
Questions:
1. when i go to contacts from the Start menu, the entries have blues lines running horizontally thru them until you highlight; then it's solid blue. same when i'm loading additional programs on the install page. Normal?
2. your Reset prog, is it a soft resent or hard? warning message comes up about unsaved data, so i don't know.
VERY good ROM, so far.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: BELL

machold is becoming a great contributor

NEXT:
when i add a prog to the Programs page, it shows un in the Start Menu; I have to go to setting, check that item and after exit go back uncheck to remove it from the Start menu.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development