PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 01:11 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sms text message

LOL, I wouldn't know what they meant either without the pics.

I guess now with that Smiley SMS program I can relate the pics to the symbols and try to incorporate it into a new skin. Any preffered Smileys, you can do 10 hidden keys going across, please let me know what you think the 10 most used ones would be. And please use the symbols with the Smiley SMS program, because if it differs from the program it won't read it is a smiley. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:18 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Hey Gang,

I have updated my PCM Keyboard Skin to now include Smileys/Emoticons. This includes new keys to input Smiley Symbols with pics to help us know what those symbols mean. The pics of the Smileys are only recognized by the keyboard though, native WinMo does not recognize symbols as smileys it will only recognize the symbols as they are. You can download apps like what was shared in the previous post like Smiley SMS which recognizes smiley symbols in a threaded text app. Attached is the updated skin and layout, you must use both. The skin deals with the appearance of the keyboard so that is where the pics are in. And the layout deals with the key layout, so that is where the new hidden keys are in. So you will have to use both. I had to remove a key to make a dedicated smiley key. Key removed was "\" however you still can use that symbol by revealing it via hidden key by pressing and holding down "/" key. I hope you all like it! I will try to incorporate the other colored skins with smileys later, kinda tired.

Portrait

Landscape
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mr Hawaii PCM Skin with Smileys.zip (115.3 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by MrHawaii; 01-05-2009 at 05:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Hey Gang,

I have updated my PCM Keyboard Skin to now include Smileys/Emoticons. This includes new keys to input Smiley Symbols with pics to help us know what those symbols mean. The pics of the Smileys are only recognized by the keyboard though, native WinMo does not recognize symbols as smileys it will only recognize the symbols as they are. You can download apps like what was shared in the previous post like Smiley SMS which recognizes smiley symbols in a threaded text app. Attached is the updated skin and layout, you must use both. The skin deals with the appearance of the keyboard so that is where the pics are in. And the layout deals with the key layout, so that is where the new hidden keys are in. So you will have to use both. I had to remove a key to make a dedicated smiley key. Key removed was "\" however you still can use that symbol by revealing it via hidden key by pressing and holding down "/" key. I hope you all like it! I will try to incorporate the other colored skins with smileys later, kinda tired.

Whoa you are the man already started working on it. That was fast. Thanks really appreciate it. I would say the ten most used smileys are 1) Smiley face 2) sad face 3) Angry face 4) Angel face (with halo on top) 5) Blushing face 6) Teasing face (tongue sticking out) 7) Bragging face (with glasses) Shocked face (with eyes bulging out) 9) crying face (with tears) 10) Flirt face aka the wink

Just tried out the new keyboard layout with smiley pics. The smiley pics are brilliant. Nice size and resolution. This just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait till you add the rest. Keep up the good work. Your keyboard is ahead of the rest.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development