PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sms text message

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Which PIM do you use? If you use PCM keyboard, you can make the layout of the keyboard do smileys via the hidden keys. If you hold down on certain buttons on the keyboard, it reveals hidden keys that you can just drag your finger accross to highlight and let go to select it. In this layout hold down the period button to get to the two smileys. Here are the skins and layout that I use. If you don't like the layout or want to add more smileys, tranfer the .layout file to your pc. Then rename it with .txt at the end of the file. Open that file up as a text and you will see the line with the hidden keys .com, .net, .org, smileys, etc. Just replace the ones you don't need with your wanted smileys. Save the file, and rename it again this time erasing the .txt and leaving .layout at the end of the file. Transfer that back to your phone and PCM folder and you can now choose that layout. This works great with the SMS Smiley program.

Download PCM Keyboard v.14
http://www.pocketcm.com/keyboard.php

I posted in this thread with screenshots.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=79
thanks for the help Mr. Hawaii. I have been using your skin for the pcm keyboard for the past couple of days. Best keyboard but only with your skin and layout. I just noticed what you said with holding on to the period sign. Only thing is it brought up only two smileys. I know you said that i can add more but thats the problem i'm so used to having built in smiley pics that to manually put them in besides the basic i'd be lost. Maybe in an updated skin you will add more faces in there. But thanks for your help and the best keyboard thus far on the diamond.