PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sms text message

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
SmileySMS + Threaded Messaging - v1.68 (updated July 25)

Program Features :

- Threaded messaging available for both wm6.1 and wm6/wm5 editions.
- Works on Smartphones(Windows mobiles standard) and also PocketPC devices.
- Unlike default wm6.1 threading view,ability to forward,delete specific SMS by simply clicking on its number.
- Shows and displays ANIMATED smilies found in SMS texts in Inbox/Notifications bubbles/Thread views.
- Use smileys in compose forms,and easily send smileys.
- Assign MP3,OGG,WAV,WMA and other popular music file formats as your SMS ring tones.
- Shows pictures of contacts in SMS notification Bubbles/Forms/Threads.
- Fully customizable and skinnable.
- Remove phone number from the title of SMS notification,when the contact is known.
- Replace number in body of delivery report with the name of sender(contact).
- Easier to use menus for working with SMS notifications.
- Support for vibrate and number of seconds to vibrate.
- Bringing a menu for numbers found in your sms:"Send SMS","Save to Contacts",or "call".
- Set Zoom level of notification bubbles
- All features(including program) are configurable from control panel(Windows Settings)
- Compatible with other sms ring-tone programs like phonealarm.
- WM5.0 like notifications for WM2003 users.
Thanks for pointing me in the direction for this program been testing it for the past 24 hours. While not perfect it does address my need for smilies without manually inputting it. Also found another software powersms which is wonderful.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Vito SMS Chat is an option. If the other person has smiley support they will receive as a smiley. If they do not it will look like it does on your diamond now. SMS chat will show some smileys though while it is minimal.
Thanks to you also for providing info on this program. I tried it and its nice only problem is i couldnt find an option that provided built in smiley face's so i would have to manually put it in just like the regular sms program on the diamond. Unless u or anyone else knows of an option in this program that has it already built in.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:20 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by daintyboy609 View Post
Thanks to you also for providing info on this program. I tried it and its nice only problem is i couldnt find an option that provided built in smiley face's so i would have to manually put it in just like the regular sms program on the diamond. Unless u or anyone else knows of an option in this program that has it already built in.
It has an option for quick messages. You can replace the ones like Ill be back soon or whatever with the smiley of your choice.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
It has an option for quick messages. You can replace the ones like Ill be back soon or whatever with the smiley of your choice.

How do you find that in the app and also do you have to manually input the smiley's or are they built in and u just have to click on the picture of the smiley you want?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:28 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Smileys? Seriously? A whole thread.... wow... I wish my life was so simple, oh lol..... Ok kinda fun but.... come on. Haha

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:28 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I dont run the app anymore, but when u r typing a message it is one of the options. Try settings, they may b in there. once u set them u just pull up the menu and pick the smiley. it looks like a smiley.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Smileys? Seriously? A whole thread.... wow... I wish my life was so simple, oh lol..... Ok kinda fun but.... come on. Haha
Heh really. I tried hard to be helpful in the beginning but now I just can't stop laughing at this thread
Old 12-09-2008, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Heh really. I tried hard to be helpful in the beginning but now I just can't stop laughing at this thread
lol smiley's are serious man.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:06 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Which PIM do you use? If you use PCM keyboard, you can make the layout of the keyboard do smileys via the hidden keys. If you hold down on certain buttons on the keyboard, it reveals hidden keys that you can just drag your finger accross to highlight and let go to select it. In this layout hold down the period button to get to the two smileys. Here are the skins and layout that I use. If you don't like the layout or want to add more smileys, tranfer the .layout file to your pc. Then rename it with .txt at the end of the file. Open that file up as a text and you will see the line with the hidden keys .com, .net, .org, smileys, etc. Just replace the ones you don't need with your wanted smileys. Save the file, and rename it again this time erasing the .txt and leaving .layout at the end of the file. Transfer that back to your phone and PCM folder and you can now choose that layout. This works great with the SMS Smiley program.

Download PCM Keyboard v.14
http://www.pocketcm.com/keyboard.php

I posted in this thread with screenshots.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=79
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mr Hawaii PCM Skins.zip (159.2 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by MrHawaii; 12-09-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Which PIM do you use? If you use PCM keyboard, you can make the layout of the keyboard do smileys via the hidden keys. If you hold down on certain buttons on the keyboard, it reveals hidden keys that you can just drag your finger accross to highlight and let go to select it. In this layout hold down the period button to get to the two smileys. Here are the skins and layout that I use. If you don't like the layout or want to add more smileys, tranfer the .layout file to your pc. Then rename it with .txt at the end of the file. Open that file up as a text and you will see the line with the hidden keys .com, .net, .org, smileys, etc. Just replace the ones you don't need with your wanted smileys. Save the file, and rename it again this time erasing the .txt and leaving .layout at the end of the file. Transfer that back to your phone and PCM folder and you can now choose that layout. This works great with the SMS Smiley program.

Download PCM Keyboard v.14
http://www.pocketcm.com/keyboard.php

I posted in this thread with screenshots.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=79
thanks for the help Mr. Hawaii. I have been using your skin for the pcm keyboard for the past couple of days. Best keyboard but only with your skin and layout. I just noticed what you said with holding on to the period sign. Only thing is it brought up only two smileys. I know you said that i can add more but thats the problem i'm so used to having built in smiley pics that to manually put them in besides the basic i'd be lost. Maybe in an updated skin you will add more faces in there. But thanks for your help and the best keyboard thus far on the diamond.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development