PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sms text message

I've have noticed that in the sms app there are no options to input smiley faces. Is there a way to input smiley faces on the diamond. Also is there a way to bypass the 160 character limit that sprint imposes. If not, what are their any aftermarket text programs that i can use to substitute for the built in sms program. Thanks guys.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Sms text message

wow 51 views and no replies come on guys obviously you're interested in fixing this problem someone has to have an answer.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by daintyboy609 View Post
I've have noticed that in the sms app there are no options to input smiley faces. Is there a way to input smiley faces on the diamond. Also is there a way to bypass the 160 character limit that sprint imposes. If not, what are their any aftermarket text programs that i can use to substitute for the built in sms program. Thanks guys.
There are no built-in smileys as such. You can save your own in "My Words" for quick access but imo it's probably just as easy to type it in every time.

For 160 char limit, it's a network imposed limit. ie you can type as many chars as u like (more than 160), it'll let you keep typing but it'll automatically break up the messages into chunks of 160 chars each and charge you for multiple texts messages. eg if you type 161 chars, u pay for 2 texts. Hope that makes sense.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
There are no built-in smileys as such. You can save your own in "My Words" for quick access but imo it's probably just as easy to type it in every time.

For 160 char limit, it's a network imposed limit. ie you can type as many chars as u like (more than 160), it'll let you keep typing but it'll automatically break up the messages into chunks of 160 chars each and charge you for multiple texts messages. eg if you type 161 chars, u pay for 2 texts. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for the reply wasn't sure if i would have needed a reg edit to get more than the 160 characters. However with the smileys are u serious, please tell me ur kidding me there has to be some way that its hidden and we just dont know it yet. Because manually typing them in is ridiculous. What about another sms programs is there any or any good ones out there
Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

SmileySMS + Threaded Messaging - v1.68 (updated July 25)

Program Features :

- Threaded messaging available for both wm6.1 and wm6/wm5 editions.
- Works on Smartphones(Windows mobiles standard) and also PocketPC devices.
- Unlike default wm6.1 threading view,ability to forward,delete specific SMS by simply clicking on its number.
- Shows and displays ANIMATED smilies found in SMS texts in Inbox/Notifications bubbles/Thread views.
- Use smileys in compose forms,and easily send smileys.
- Assign MP3,OGG,WAV,WMA and other popular music file formats as your SMS ring tones.
- Shows pictures of contacts in SMS notification Bubbles/Forms/Threads.
- Fully customizable and skinnable.
- Remove phone number from the title of SMS notification,when the contact is known.
- Replace number in body of delivery report with the name of sender(contact).
- Easier to use menus for working with SMS notifications.
- Support for vibrate and number of seconds to vibrate.
- Bringing a menu for numbers found in your sms:"Send SMS","Save to Contacts",or "call".
- Set Zoom level of notification bubbles
- All features(including program) are configurable from control panel(Windows Settings)
- Compatible with other sms ring-tone programs like phonealarm.
- WM5.0 like notifications for WM2003 users.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wow, i never even knew that was possible. So wait, if i send out a smiley, will the other person actually receive it like a smiley (regardless of whether they have a winmo phone?) because i thougt sms was txt based only.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:53 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
wow, i never even knew that was possible. So wait, if i send out a smiley, will the other person actually receive it like a smiley (regardless of whether they have a winmo phone?) because i thougt sms was txt based only.
No clue... Just knew that was out there. Maybee you both have to have the program. Maybee like here how they use code for smiley's. :evil: :mrgreen: something like that I'm sure, but am totally just brainstorming...
Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by daintyboy609 View Post
Thanks for the reply wasn't sure if i would have needed a reg edit to get more than the 160 characters. However with the smileys are u serious, please tell me ur kidding me there has to be some way that its hidden and we just dont know it yet. Because manually typing them in is ridiculous. What about another sms programs is there any or any good ones out there
Nope, wasn't kidding
Why is manually typing so hard? It's just 2 characters or 3 at most.. takes about 2 secs imo.
Also, have you tried adding them to "My Text" like i suggested?
Old 12-06-2008, 10:40 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

There are also quite a few "smilies" in the OEM Compact QWERTY KB. Look in the last few "pages" of the symbols.
They aren't animated, but I can't imagine that any will be received as animated if the person receiving doesn't have the software mentioned earlier in this thread. SMS is text only.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Vito SMS Chat is an option. If the other person has smiley support they will receive as a smiley. If they do not it will look like it does on your diamond now. SMS chat will show some smileys though while it is minimal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development