PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 03:15 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
The default dialer...but I took a chance and didn't check any and I got the dialer I wanted.

After I cook a rom, and I want to change something in it...can I do that or do I have to check and uncheck boxes all over again.
In the kitchen there is a tools folder. In that folder look for ezoptionfilechanger. Just select the options you want in all of your roms and close. Now when you go in to build your rom, everything is exactly as you selected in the ezoptionfilechanger.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

WithoutRemorse is just getting started

Just throwing this out there - anyone having trouble with s2u2? everytime i try to load one of the related apps... settings or actual s2u2 it locks the phone, requiring a manual softreset boo..

nothing major tho.

EDIT: well actually this is all turning out to be fairly major... I've stuggled all day with this rom, and im starting to think this could be something with my phones hardware itself..

I was on 4.6 (WM6.5) for the last week and a half.. with no issues...cept the occational reset. Then this morning for no reason the Today Screen wont load. Black curtain on top and bottom, bottom soft keys are both Contacts and top has the traditional start button. So i reset... same thing. I try reloading the rom... but it gets stuck and isnt conectable. I look on the site and notice that 4.7 is available i try loading that.. and have no end of problems. I go back to stock rom. then flash 4.7 (several times) and eventually get it working. I'm messing with the phone and try the s2u2 option and phone hangs... now im back to the non loading today screen and in a locked state!! Also every reset it makes me do the screen alignment, and it reloads all the customizations... is that normal?

Not trying to complain - i know about these roms and how the are vastly improved.. its just that i seem to be the only one getting these errors and im looking for an explaination.

Last edited by WithoutRemorse; 05-04-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: post reboot troubles.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

i was using an old version of the restorer- luckily just downloading the updated version and installing over it did the trick. I follow directions next time
Old 05-04-2009, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutRemorse View Post
Just throwing this out there - anyone having trouble with s2u2? everytime i try to load one of the related apps... settings or actual s2u2 it locks the phone, requiring a manual softreset boo..

nothing major tho.

EDIT: well actually this is all turning out to be fairly major... I've stuggled all day with this rom, and im starting to think this could be something with my phones hardware itself..

I was on 4.6 (WM6.5) for the last week and a half.. with no issues...cept the occational reset. Then this morning for no reason the Today Screen wont load. Black curtain on top and bottom, bottom soft keys are both Contacts and top has the traditional start button. So i reset... same thing. I try reloading the rom... but it gets stuck and isnt conectable. I look on the site and notice that 4.7 is available i try loading that.. and have no end of problems. I go back to stock rom. then flash 4.7 (several times) and eventually get it working. I'm messing with the phone and try the s2u2 option and phone hangs... now im back to the non loading today screen and in a locked state!! Also every reset it makes me do the screen alignment, and it reloads all the customizations... is that normal?

Not trying to complain - i know about these roms and how the are vastly improved.. its just that i seem to be the only one getting these errors and im looking for an explaination.
This may be something that you've already done ... but, some of the "stock" roms are not the same as the "shipped" roms. Might want to double check which carrier rom you used in between flashes. Usually the way to tell, is that the "shipped" roms will also change your radio.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
This may be something that you've already done ... but, some of the "stock" roms are not the same as the "shipped" roms. Might want to double check which carrier rom you used in between flashes.
Well my problem is that with everything so locked up on my phone i can only flash from storage. The shipped rom (telus) comes in an exe so i cant extract the nph file. So i've been having to resort to stock in lieu of shipped... but if you think shipped will do the trick then thats what ill try.

So you dont think the phone is breaking?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
The shipped rom (telus) comes in an exe so i cant extract the nph file.
Has to extract somewhere (usually into a windows temp directory).
What I do is open the EXE but leave it at its first screen (i.e do nothing yet).
Then search the entire windows directory for *.nhb (i.e all nhb files). you should only find one as they disappear when you close the executable. From there its obviously pretty easy, just go to the location in the search and copy it to somewhere else.(you must do this or it will disappear once you close the telus exe and it wipes away all its temp files)
Old 05-04-2009, 03:58 PM
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Well my problem is that with everything so locked up on my phone i can only flash from storage. The shipped rom (telus) comes in an exe so i cant extract the nph file. So i've been having to resort to stock in lieu of shipped... but if you think shipped will do the trick then thats what ill try.

I doubt if the phone is breaking ... give the "shipped" a try, like omnicronx suggested. Certainly worth a try ... seems to work.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
I doubt if the phone is breaking ... give the "shipped" a try, like omnicronx suggested. Certainly worth a try ... seems to work.
So I watched my phone through the entire process after a hard reset.. during the customization process the phone display turns off.. not sure if that's supposed to happen or not but it didnt look like it was making any progress until i hit pwr and turned it back on. Then it did the reboot thing... when it reloaded and noticed that the screen i described getting locked on was present for 1-2 seconds before the today screen loaded. Black curtains with 2 contacts softkeys at the bottom of the screen. I'm going to flash shipped as it were and try to re-re-reflash 4.7... if not ill try the wm6.1 rom
Old 05-04-2009, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:

running the .exe won't flash your phone back to stock? i would suggest putting the phone in bootloader mode & running the shipped .exe.

if you really just want at the.nbh open the shipped .exe w/winrar and you can view all the files contained w/in.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
So I watched my phone through the entire process after a hard reset.. during the customization process the phone display turns off.. not sure if that's supposed to happen or not but it didnt look like it was making any progress until i hit pwr and turned it back on. Then it did the reboot thing... when it reloaded and noticed that the screen i described getting locked on was present for 1-2 seconds before the today screen loaded. Black curtains with 2 contacts softkeys at the bottom of the screen. I'm going to flash shipped as it were and try to re-re-reflash 4.7... if not ill try the wm6.1 rom
You're making this too difficult. Just take your battery out for about 30 seconds, put it back in, hold the volume down button on the side, and turn the phone on. This will put you into bootloader mode. From there simply flash the "shipped" rom. Don't do anthing, while it's flashing, just let it complete the cycle. After it's done, go to clear storage and reset one more time just to be sure. Now, you're ready to reflash to Calcu's 4.7 custom rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom