View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 03:42 PM
wmdunn
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutRemorse View Post
Just throwing this out there - anyone having trouble with s2u2? everytime i try to load one of the related apps... settings or actual s2u2 it locks the phone, requiring a manual softreset boo..

nothing major tho.

EDIT: well actually this is all turning out to be fairly major... I've stuggled all day with this rom, and im starting to think this could be something with my phones hardware itself..

I was on 4.6 (WM6.5) for the last week and a half.. with no issues...cept the occational reset. Then this morning for no reason the Today Screen wont load. Black curtain on top and bottom, bottom soft keys are both Contacts and top has the traditional start button. So i reset... same thing. I try reloading the rom... but it gets stuck and isnt conectable. I look on the site and notice that 4.7 is available i try loading that.. and have no end of problems. I go back to stock rom. then flash 4.7 (several times) and eventually get it working. I'm messing with the phone and try the s2u2 option and phone hangs... now im back to the non loading today screen and in a locked state!! Also every reset it makes me do the screen alignment, and it reloads all the customizations... is that normal?

Not trying to complain - i know about these roms and how the are vastly improved.. its just that i seem to be the only one getting these errors and im looking for an explaination.
This may be something that you've already done ... but, some of the "stock" roms are not the same as the "shipped" roms. Might want to double check which carrier rom you used in between flashes. Usually the way to tell, is that the "shipped" roms will also change your radio.