PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-3 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormygal_indy View Post
Over at XDA I found a quick PC-based utility that helps convert CABs to OEM or EXT. File attached and support info in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=525302

Thanks...it works pretty good. I wish the oem>ext worked in it. But I still need Calkulin or someone to check the taskbar issue in that CAB.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:26 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

ugh! 6.5.1 just wont be cooperative! any one know of how to make the bottom bar transparent?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
ugh! 6.5.1 just wont be cooperative! any one know of how to make the bottom bar transparent?
There was a package for manila no bottom curtain in Calkulin's beta that I tested yesterday ...
Old 10-10-2009, 01:06 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
i think dwizzy made bottom bar skins and i think theres a transparent one..
Old 10-10-2009, 01:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

denisk is just getting started

You should try www.filedropper.com to upload your roms. It has pretty fast download.
-Just an idea

Edit: and kitchen

Last edited by denisk; 10-10-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

So I can't manage to get a 6.5 build now without a smearing Start menu (tried both 21864 and 23017 after my 23017 sys gave me smearing). Hard reset doesn't seem to have any positive effect. And yes, I've cleared storage, flashed to shipped each time. Anyone have thoughts on what to check? I should note that this was a freshly unzipped 10-3 kitchen. I started fresh because I got frustrated when with the last kitchen I couldn't seem to get a 6.5 build without incoming call issues (MS notification, ran the enable HTC skin cab and then the phone wouldn't hold my volume setting and blasted maxed out the sound plus wouldn't hold the Diamond Tweak setting for Ring Time without delay).

Based on what other folks are posting, doesn't sound like anyone else has these issues. I did at one point have a good 23017 rom that got screwed up trying to change the tsk, haven't had any luck since. Any suggestions since I'm about ready to feed the phone to the garbage disposal? lol
Old 10-10-2009, 02:59 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Start Menu smearing? Can you be more specific?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:08 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
So I can't manage to get a 6.5 build now without a smearing Start menu (tried both 21864 and 23017 after my 23017 sys gave me smearing). Hard reset doesn't seem to have any positive effect. And yes, I've cleared storage, flashed to shipped each time. Anyone have thoughts on what to check? I should note that this was a freshly unzipped 10-3 kitchen. I started fresh because I got frustrated when with the last kitchen I couldn't seem to get a 6.5 build without incoming call issues (MS notification, ran the enable HTC skin cab and then the phone wouldn't hold my volume setting and blasted maxed out the sound plus wouldn't hold the Diamond Tweak setting for Ring Time without delay).

Based on what other folks are posting, doesn't sound like anyone else has these issues. I did at one point have a good 23017 rom that got screwed up trying to change the tsk, haven't had any luck since. Any suggestions since I'm about ready to feed the phone to the garbage disposal? lol
soft reset and change background to something else and you should be good to go
Old 10-10-2009, 03:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Start Menu smearing? Can you be more specific?
The icons on the Start Menu don't clear themselves when you scroll or go deeper into folders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
soft reset and change background to something else and you should be good to go
Sadly, I did try changing to a different image, switched to Titanium, soft reset then loaded into Titanium and still had the problem there. I'm back to shipped for the moment and am going to try an older kitchen.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
The icons on the Start Menu don't clear themselves when you scroll or go deeper into folders.

Sadly, I did try changing to a different image, switched to Titanium, soft reset then loaded into Titanium and still had the problem there. I'm back to shipped for the moment and am going to try an older kitchen.
This has happened to me before, and it always happened because I either a) my customizations on first boot didn't go finish properly or b) I changed the .tsk (theme) file. If you changed the theme, try changing back to the original or else just hard reset or flash again and it should go away. Does it happen right off the bat when you flash and is it a custom theme?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom