PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-3 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinx64 View Post
Hi!! how can I know what is using my Data Connection...Today i noticed my phone was HOT!!!!(battery) and I noticed that the Data Connection was on....and on and on!!... so it drain my battery... Temporary Fix I change my email check to Never
Not necessarily the answer you were seeking, but a possible assistant... The Diamond Tweak app has a setting that allows you to set a data disconnect time (I have mine set to disconnect after 1 minute--meaning 1 minute after the data connection isn't being truly active, it disconnects).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Simply the change between system builds, and clearing out all the residue ...
Wmdunn, thanks for the response. The reason I asked was because I built a 6.1 rom with the latest kitchen and am having some issues with the rom. I had flashed to "shipped" first before flashing my custom rom (was previously running the stock rom) however, I did not clear storage. The intent was to keep the rom light so I removed applications and manilla. Today was the first good day of use and I am experiencing a few quarks. For example: I cannot dial out when the phone is in 1x. I can receive calls, send and receive text. When the phone is on EV there are no problems. Also, sometimes the phone dialpad locks up after ending a call and the end key will not take it back to the home screen and then there is the graphical glitch I mentioned yesterday a few pages back. I didn't know if any of the issues are related to the kitchen or most likely my novice rom building skills.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
Wmdunn, thanks for the response. The reason I asked was because I built a 6.1 rom with the latest kitchen and am having some issues with the rom. I had flashed to "shipped" first before flashing my custom rom (was previously running the stock rom) however, I did not clear storage. The intent was to keep the rom light so I removed applications and manilla. Today was the first good day of use and I am experiencing a few quarks. For example: I cannot dial out when the phone is in 1x. I can receive calls, send and receive text. When the phone is on EV there are no problems. Also, sometimes the phone dialpad locks up after ending a call and the end key will not take it back to the home screen and then there is the graphical glitch I mentioned yesterday a few pages back. I didn't know if any of the issues are related to the kitchen or most likely my novice rom building skills.
Well, it could be a number of different things ... who knows? There are so many variables in rom building. I have always done a clear storage after every new custom rom. Just had the feeling that it settled everything new into place. This new kitchen seems to have done away with that need, which saves a lot of time. I think you'll like the way Calkulin has put it together.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
I did notice today that after a phone call the keypad screen had a weird glitch and didnt go back to touchflo. Was that what happened with yours? I just restarted touchflo and it went back to normal.

If you are a fan of my work, please feel free to .

Misfortune Taskbar v2.0

Misfortune Taskbar v1.0

Old 10-08-2009, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfortune View Post
I did notice today that after a phone call the keypad screen had a weird glitch and didnt go back to touchflo. Was that what happened with yours? I just restarted touchflo and it went back to normal.
I am not running touch flow, using spb ms3.5 (cab installed), but yeah it would not go back to the home screen. Not even using the hard keys. After about 30 secs to a minute it would finally go back.

Rather than try to trouble shoot from this spot forward I am going to wait for the new kitchen and then flash back to shipped, clear storage and rebuild the rom. I think I can live with it for a day or two. Unless anyone has some righteous tips about building a manilla free, basic sprint(ish) rom.

Last edited by stravy; 10-08-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Any word on how the testing is going?

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
Any word on how the testing is going?
When I checked in with Calkulin after several hours of testing (yesterday), he emphasized that he was really only interested in the corruption issues when flashing directly between system builds. So far, my experience has been totally positive.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
When I checked in with Calkulin after several hours of testing (yesterday), he emphasized that he was really only interested in the corruption issues when flashing directly between system builds. So far, my experience has been totally positive.
sounds good, cause i flash alot and that would make a world of difference
Old 10-09-2009, 10:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

donky353 is just getting started

I also tested yesterday and had no corruptions yesterday. I flashed at least five times to numerous differant SYS builds and had no issues at all

Old 10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
sounds good, cause i flash alot and that would make a world of difference
You're right, it saves so much time, being able to reflash immediately in calkulin's kitchen. Especially when you're fine tuning a new rom ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom