PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jul 21 ] [ 23009 \ 21921 \ 21052 ] [ v5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Anyone have luck making it for a legacy kitchen like Calk's?
I'm trying it right now simply by replacing files from the visual kitchen into Calc's kitchen....hope everything works out.

Yah didn't work got a weird screen for the TF3d interface with everything dimmed except for title across the screen. I think ill just stick with 2.0 until Calc messes with it. Also I really have no experience with editing OEM's all I really know is how to cook. I'm really just hoping the Hero comes to sprint so I can move away from Windows Mobile. I've always been a fan of Linux so i'm excitied to jump on the Android bandwagon.

Last edited by mjhuffer; 08-06-2009 at 12:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

wog13 is becoming a great contributor

Calkulin, quick fix for all the current (at least the 23009 and 21052) kitchens:

pocketwit was throwing up a 'there is no default web browser defined in the OS' error for any weblinks.

The issue was that HKCR\http\shell\open\command (and all the other opera-related HKCR keys) was
\Windows\OperaL.exe" "%1"
rather than
"\Windows\OperaL.exe" "%1"
(I haven't tested, but given the absence of spaces in the command, I'm guessing it'd work with the quotes removed altogether, too)

Last edited by wog13; 08-06-2009 at 12:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:13 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Anyone have luck making it for a legacy kitchen like Calk's?
The packages are all easily converted, especially since he included the .dsm and .rgu files (which the VK doesn't need) in addition to the app.reg files. Just pull the "files" folder out of the package, and rename it to whatever (ie: "Y Manila"), and put the .rgu and .dsm files in the renamed folder and add to your kitchen. They won't show up in your build OS selections since there is no option.xml files, but they should build in fine.

That said, this Manila version still needs quite a bit of work, and doesn't seem to be a huge improvement over the Rhodium version that we've had for a while now already.

I should have Manila 2.5 VGA beta tonight, and will be working on it with muttim86 and his team as time allows. You can look for a beta CDMA Diamond Rom with Manila 2.5 over at ED/TP in the next week or so.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Guys - i have a couple of problems on my 23009 ROM. Can you offer any help or advice?

1) After a soft reset, text and email revert back to T9, and i like using the ABC typing
2) When traveling from central to eastern time zone, clock upgraded automatically. When returning to central time zone, clock won't update unless i do it manually. Any thoughts?
Old 08-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
The packages are all easily converted, especially since he included the .dsm and .rgu files (which the VK doesn't need) in addition to the app.reg files. Just pull the "files" folder out of the package, and rename it to whatever (ie: "Y Manila"), and put the .rgu and .dsm files in the renamed folder and add to your kitchen. They won't show up in your build OS selections since there is no option.xml files, but they should build in fine.

That said, this Manila version still needs quite a bit of work, and doesn't seem to be a huge improvement over the Rhodium version that we've had for a while now already.

I should have Manila 2.5 VGA beta tonight, and will be working on it with muttim86 and his team as time allows. You can look for a beta CDMA Diamond Rom with Manila 2.5 over at ED/TP in the next week or so.
I have it cooked into your VK kitchen atm. Just dealing with getting everything sorted out.

So far I prefer this over 2.0. It feels pretty very responsive in comparison. I think my favorite feature is how the facebook integration actually works!

Not a fan of 2.5 though. Yes there are some cool features in 2.5, it makes it overall nice and easier in many aspects, but I don't like the contact call screen, don't like the additional programs on the bottom of the home screen (for a vga device).
Old 08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

tamago is just getting started

Quote:
I have it cooked into your VK kitchen atm. Just dealing with getting everything sorted out.

So far I prefer this over 2.0. It feels pretty very responsive in comparison. I think my favorite feature is how the facebook integration actually works!

Not a fan of 2.5 though. Yes there are some cool features in 2.5, it makes it overall nice and easier in many aspects, but I don't like the contact call screen, don't like the additional programs on the bottom of the home screen (for a vga device).
dunno, i love 2.5. it doesnt blur the images for contacts/music folders..and it just looks aethestically pleasing.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:10 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamago View Post
dunno, i love 2.5. it doesnt blur the images for contacts/music folders..and it just looks aethestically pleasing.
I second that.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:

Man I'm loving how I can update my status on facebook right thru my contact card
Old 08-08-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: telus

billo0071 is just getting started

Running the latest 6.5 rom and I am getting a lot of data disconnections, data just shuts off then I have to soft reboot to get it working again anyone else having the same problem?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by billo0071 View Post
Running the latest 6.5 rom and I am getting a lot of data disconnections, data just shuts off then I have to soft reboot to get it working again anyone else having the same problem?

You may have to flash back to shipped or rom again and then try it again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom