View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Tenny
Halfway to VIP Status

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Re: [ Jul 21 ] [ 23009 \ 21921 \ 21052 ] [ v5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
The packages are all easily converted, especially since he included the .dsm and .rgu files (which the VK doesn't need) in addition to the app.reg files. Just pull the "files" folder out of the package, and rename it to whatever (ie: "Y Manila"), and put the .rgu and .dsm files in the renamed folder and add to your kitchen. They won't show up in your build OS selections since there is no option.xml files, but they should build in fine.

That said, this Manila version still needs quite a bit of work, and doesn't seem to be a huge improvement over the Rhodium version that we've had for a while now already.

I should have Manila 2.5 VGA beta tonight, and will be working on it with muttim86 and his team as time allows. You can look for a beta CDMA Diamond Rom with Manila 2.5 over at ED/TP in the next week or so.
I have it cooked into your VK kitchen atm. Just dealing with getting everything sorted out.

So far I prefer this over 2.0. It feels pretty very responsive in comparison. I think my favorite feature is how the facebook integration actually works!

Not a fan of 2.5 though. Yes there are some cool features in 2.5, it makes it overall nice and easier in many aspects, but I don't like the contact call screen, don't like the additional programs on the bottom of the home screen (for a vga device).