PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 12:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

syearout is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jul 11 ] [ 23004 \ 21051 ] [ v5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

So, with my original diamond, I always flashed stock, and then to the latest version of the custom rom. I never had any trouble doing it that way. After going through 3 refurbished exchange phones, the one I have now, I was having some issues with. I flashed to "shipped", radio and all, and then to custom, everything works GREAT. So my question is, do you guys flash to shipped everytime, and then reflash your radio and custom rom? If that's what I need to be doing to make sure and avoid issues, thats great, just never had to do it before.......
Old 07-16-2009, 12:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by syearout View Post
So, with my original diamond, I always flashed stock, and then to the latest version of the custom rom. I never had any trouble doing it that way. After going through 3 refurbished exchange phones, the one I have now, I was having some issues with. I flashed to "shipped", radio and all, and then to custom, everything works GREAT. So my question is, do you guys flash to shipped everytime, and then reflash your radio and custom rom? If that's what I need to be doing to make sure and avoid issues, thats great, just never had to do it before.......

i usually flash to the updated shipped rom as it has the lastest radio already in it.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Thats the routine I use, including an additional clear storage after flashing the custom rom. The newer builds seem to do better with the extra steps ... it's been good insurance for me.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
i notice that i have a lot of problem when i flash to a rom that has a smaller image file than the current one that is loaded on my phone and not a stock/shipped rom. in this case, i would flash back to shipped rom and then to the new rom. i dont seem to have any problem with flash rom that is bigger in size compare to the current rom loaded in my phone.

by the way, anybody, calkulins, do you have the 21921 sys that will work with your kitchen?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

The00Stranger is a n00b

Anyone else have trouble with corrupted file? I've downloaded the 23004 "clean" rom 3 times now and the nbh file will not extract, but is corrupted.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nitefall is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Stranger View Post
Anyone else have trouble with corrupted file? I've downloaded the 23004 "clean" rom 3 times now and the nbh file will not extract, but is corrupted.
Yea I had that problem last night, after 3 times of dl'ing it i gave up...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

OhioState87 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OhioState87 Send a message via MSN to OhioState87

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefall View Post
Yea I had that problem last night, after 3 times of dl'ing it i gave up...
Same here...
Old 07-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Well I have my original diamond that I got back in November 08 and I have always flashed to STOCK then to the update and it has always done the trick. There's not a SHIPPED rom for cellular south so if that stops working I'm hosed.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

I'm pretty sure you only really need to flash back to stock if you are going between SYS files. As long as i use the same SYS file while rebuilding, i've never had an issue.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
I'm still getting odd Bluetooth notifications. Even when using a bluetooth headset, i get a notification that when viewed, tells me BT is off, even when it's on.

If i click dismiss, it gets rid of my BT icon, but BT is still on and running.

Anyone else see this?
So i guess this isn't happening to anyone else then. Wonder what might cause it. Anyone think it could be related to the Tsowen6 series status bar? Can't remember having the issue before using the 3 series...but i'm not sure.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom