PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jun 3 \ 21051 & 21728 v4.8 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by avoo View Post
new 21728 download,but cannot flash rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
See last page. There is a problem with the current kitchen/rom.

EDIT: And oh yeah, follow SOHKis's advice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makavel View Post
Awesome! Thank you so much. I was able to fix it after searching that. Back to gray now. I really appreciate it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
well after a few failed flashes with the kitchen uploaded today i rolled back to the june1st kitchen and walla flashed just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincebb72 View Post
I flashed 2 stock then flashed 21728 ROM, but i cant get past the customization screen??? Any suggestions?
my #1 suggestion would be to read, apparently this is a known problem. try DLing the june1 kitchen
Old 06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

slapmedia is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ Jun 1 \ 21051 & 21728 v4.8 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Good question slap. I have the same query. I did check "set volume" which adds a modified HTC volume control. It has to be re-enabled each time you soft reset. I did notice that if you choose the "disable phone skin" cab under system tools/phone, you get a funky, custom "indagroove" type phone skin. This also disables the HTC vol. control and disables the Blue Tooth icon in the status bar. When I "re-enabled" the phone skin, HTC vol. and the BT icon were back. Go figure! In all other respects, this is calc's best 6.5 kitchen!

EDIT: Thanks 2k4mach for your input as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I think that phone skin was pulled from da_reeseboy's sys. Mine has a different background, and different "pressed" buttons.

You can enable BT taskbar icon with WM dialer with BTicon Notifier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
you got it.

on the set volume, im really not sure, i havent cooked it in any of the roms ive cooked since last night.

edit: look in start> system tools> phone and try the enable phone skin cab thats there. might fix it without having to recook

edit again: i just tryed the enable phone skin cab and soft reset and now i have the htc volume control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmedia View Post
So, to clarify, if we want the standard volume control, leave it checked. If we want the HTC volume control, uncheck it? Also, do we have to check Set Volume?

In advance...thank you for your help!
This may have been answered ahead but, if not, here's my findings. In my ROM, I DID NOT check "Set Volume" and I UNCHECKED "Disable HTC Phone Screen".
Old 06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

slapmedia is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ Jun 1 \ 21051 & 21728 v4.8 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post
Sorry, but yes you can. I am doing it right now with a ROM I built in the kitchen without touchflo.

edit...

You can scroll down through an email message but not a Word document. Guess that makes us both right.
Using his 4.8 kitchen, I can finger scroll too! In my ROM, I UNCHECKED "TouchFlo".

This is a bit off the mark, if you liked the notifications menu that would pop up when you pressed the status icons at the top, then make sure you CHECK "Notification Enhancement" too. I don't think it's checked by default...
Old 06-03-2009, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

What kitchen is the freezing happening on, 21728??

Old 06-03-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

effudee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Yep. the 6.5 one. It's weird because i went back to the Jun 1st kitchen and boots fine.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:42 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
It is strange. I wanted to try 21728, so I dl the clean rom and the clean rom froze at the customization screen. I flashed to stock sprint and re-flashed the 21728 clean rom and it still froze at the customization screen.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

It's because of the htc dialer fix I'm betting because that was practically the only difference, besides the Opera fix and that won't cause it, so give me a sec and I'll reupload it with the old SYS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
It's because of the htc dialer fix I'm betting because that was practically the only difference, besides the Opera fix and that won't cause it, so give me a sec and I'll reupload it with the old SYS
You mean the fix for the graphical errors on the HTC dialer log when scrolling? I'm using that fix and it works fine.

*edit* I should mention that I am using Indagroove's 21728 though.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Your ROM gets hung at the Customization screen too.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
Your ROM gets hung at the Customization screen too.
Mine? Nope.

If it does you need to flash back to shipped because no one else if having that problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom