PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 16 \ 21046 & 21232 v4.7 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
The ROM I built just showed an ugly glitch and I wanted to see if anyone else had the issue.
When I was listening to some music w/WMP, my device shut down three times. First time, it reset by itself. Second time, I was listening to a different song and it just shut down with no response to anything. Reset using a stylus an no issues until... Third time the screen had blacked and I pressed the scroll wheel to turn on the screen and instead everything stopped. Again I had to reset with the stylus.
I'm reflashing right now, but wanted to know if anyone else had this issue w/WMP running?

Are you installing nueDynamicClock?

Old 05-18-2009, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
It happens to me with and without nueDynamicClock installed.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
I think so.
Just did it again on the the new ROM with nDC definitely installed.
Try it without?

Old 05-18-2009, 01:20 PM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I have the same problems with WMP/CorePlayer and multiple 6.5 ROMs from various kitchens. I just use S2P now for playing music. It works fine when the screen goes blank.
My issue is a little beyond the screen going blank. My Diamond just reset in the middle of a song.
Are there any other media players available to be used with this kitchen?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
It happens to me with and without nueDynamicClock installed.
Quote:
I think so.
Just did it again on the the new ROM with nDC definitely installed.
Try it without?

The only time my phone with do that is with nueDynamicClock installed. v1.3 is better than the previous versions but I still have that issue every once and a while with it installed, if I build without it, it never happens to me
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
My issue is a little beyond the screen going blank. My Diamond just reset in the middle of a song.
I know what you are talking about. It randomly resets itself while WMP is playing music and it goes to sleep or you press the power button to turn off the screen. I was saying that S2P works fine when the screen goes off (ie I can play music without it resetting itself).

It's probably something I am selecting/cab installing that causes this, but it is not related to nueDynamicClock. All I need to do is start playing an mp3 with WMP, press the power button, and my phone restarts itself. For whatever reason, S2P works fine doing the same thing. CorePlayer would also restart.

BTW, thanks for the great kitchen Calkulin.

Last edited by mwalt2; 05-18-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:

It's when the screen turns off, correct?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

coolguy is a n00b

Quote:
I can't consolidate the cabs because they are only useful if you use those options but I can make a consolidated OEM zip. Just overwrite the current files(affects only 6.5 ROMs)

Edit - Well actually, here's a cab for the 4.7 21232 ROM users, updated GlossBlack.tsk, enable phone skin.cab & clear slider
Thanks!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:28 PM
The Source of Power

Quote:
It's when the screen turns off, correct?
Well, I guess so.
I was just listening to a little STP, and about 2/3 of the way through Interstate Love Song, the screen goes black and the music stops. Without any interaction from me, the phone does a soft reset and sits there looking innocent like nothing happened.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Just set both profiles in nueDynamicClock to default and make sure the default profile has nothing checked and says 528Mhz/Auto for everything, press save and soft reset and it shouldn't happen again. Next build, try building without it and see

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom