PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Dec 17 \ OS 5.2.19974 v3.5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.1, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
I redid the 20940 xip and since speed picked up some, I'm probably going to use it for v3.6. And for those that want to play with it now, here's the preview
Awesome... thanks a bunch. 20940 is rocking. Memory usage is about 10% higher than the last rom I put together (1x sys), but doesn't seem to be slowing me down any... and battery life is awesome.

Just need to sort out my volume control problems.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:41 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLogiK View Post
I've installed your sprint rom but how do you get to the phone? Left soft key launches file explorer and when I press the hard phone button it scrolls TF3D...
Are you using a silicon slip on case? If the case is touching the hardware buttons it will cause that scrolling you are getting. I had to stop using my slip on case because this was really annoying me.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:43 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
The only way I got volume to work right was to use NO volume control. Whenever I added either volume control, the volume buttons would act as the d-pad. I don't use any manila, so I figured it had something to do with that. I have really wierd "luck" so what works for others is usually opposite for me ... so take it for what it is worth.
So you are just using the default WM thing with the 2 sliders? It's ugly, but if it works I would be happy. I'll try it, thanks.

*edit* It's weird tho because the older volume control did work on the last rom I put together, using the TC/Ghetto kitchen.

Last edited by Drybonz; 12-21-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
So you are just using the default WM thing with the 2 sliders? It's ugly, but if it works I would be happy. I'll try it, thanks.

*edit* It's weird tho because the older volume control did work on the last rom I put together, using the TC/Ghetto kitchen.
are you using the diamond or WM dialer?

the in-call volume control seemed to lose functionality when i wasn't using the diamond dialer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
are you using the diamond or WM dialer?

the in-call volume control seemed to lose functionality when i wasn't using the diamond dialer.
Hmm... good call. I'm using the WM dialer with Inesoft phone over it. I bet you have to use the WM volume control if you are using the WM dialer. I'll play with it and report back.

*edit* Yep. Switched back to the HTC Dialer and it's all good. The volume control only seems to work with the WM Dialer on the 1x sys.

Last edited by Drybonz; 12-21-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
I did re-boot and tried again with the same error message. Can I assume that the rom is built if the dos window deletes the dump and returns to the main kitchen window? Also, is my next step to create a signed .nbh file then flash? Sorry for the seemingly noobish questions but I'd really like to do this right!

The signed .nbh is already created. You actually may be able to flash it anyway. Go into the ruu folder and look for the .nbh. You could just click on the flash utility and it will do the job.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
The signed .nbh is already created. You actually may be able to flash it anyway. Go into the ruu folder and look for the .nbh. You could just click on the flash utility and it will do the job.
Well, I thought I had it! I got through the page pool problem. I added the oem's I wanted to the OEM folder in the kitchen, build os seemed to run well. When the rom flashed, it was Calc's 3.5 rom without any of my oem's. I think I'm an unworthy chef! At least I got this far and my phone is not yet bricked! I'll keep plugging away till I get it. I appreciate your help along the way!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:55 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Well, I thought I had it! I got through the page pool problem. I added the oem's I wanted to the OEM folder in the kitchen, build os seemed to run well. When the rom flashed, it was Calc's 3.5 rom without any of my oem's. I think I'm an unworthy chef! At least I got this far and my phone is not yet bricked! I'll keep plugging away till I get it. I appreciate your help along the way!
I think I did it 20 times ... then the 3.5 came out and I did it 15 more times! AAAaaaggggghhhhhhh! I had some scary times (couldn't connect with the computer, stuck at screen with red letters ...) I thought my husband was going to divorce me. I learned a lot, though. And this kitchen is great. =D>
Old 12-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I think I did it 20 times ... then the 3.5 came out and I did it 15 more times! AAAaaaggggghhhhhhh! I had some scary times (couldn't connect with the computer, stuck at screen with red letters ...) I thought my husband was going to divorce me. I learned a lot, though. And this kitchen is great. =D>
There is hope for me after all!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
I redid the 20940 xip and since speed picked up some, I'm probably going to use it for v3.6. For those that want to play with it now, here's the preview

Calkulin's Sprint 20940\20931 ROM v3.6 Preview

Calkulin's Diamond 20940\20931 Kitchen v3.6 Preview
I just flashed 3.6.. and WOW...snappy. Noticable difference from 3.5, even after i added all my crap.=D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom