PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 05:25 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: [ Apr 24 \ 21043(6.1) & 21501(6.5) v4.6.4 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousGT View Post
I have never used the kitchen before, am i in danger of messing up my phone if i flash anything wrong? I click on the Calc Diamond Kitchen and i selected the option 1 and option 1 like you said. and everything worked right, however, i selected and deseleted some apps that i didnt want in the buildOS section. Any harm in that?

THanks
that's how it's done. Only danger is having to do it 3 or 4 times in a row to get the phone exactly how you want it. Just have fun. If I can do it ...

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 04-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Bell

binder7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
The issue is with 21501, I haven't looked for a fix yet but I'll take a look soon
Hey Calk. I believe the problem must be with something you changed in 4.6.4a. I built a ROM with 4.6.4 and previous versions of 21501 and the TP2 keyboards worked. I would get both the full qwerty and phone keypad options. On the newest one (4.6.4a) when i install a tp2 input (savage, nikoan89) the full qwerty part works fine, however in the input menu there is no option for phone keypad.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:28 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
that's how it's done. Only danger is having to do it 3 or 4 times in a row to get the phone exactly how you want it. Just have fun. If I can do it ...
Lol, that is the truth.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

NitrousGT is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
No. If they were just apps, dont worry. I have built a rom by unselecting everything. Still worked, just didnt have a darn thing on it. Lol
thanks for the advice, so i just have to select the Calkulin Diamond Kitchen and also i do have to select the SPRINT carrier correct? i can select and unselect anything i want?
Old 04-29-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

fadi33 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrone View Post
Just my 2 cents, but the only time I get the ringtone bug is when I enable G sensor in Flip It. If I don't use Flip It, I never get the no ring issue.
I am still experiencing the no ring problem and I tried disabling Flip It with no help. I am using the TP2 4.6.4 ROM. Any fix?
Old 04-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Has anyone come up with a solution or explanation for the Bluetooth icon not showing up without the HTC dialer. The delay in 6.5 that the htc dialer causes has forced me to miss a couple too many important work calls. So i am going to use the stock dialer, but it's a little annoying not being able to look and see if BT is on or not.

Thoughts or solutinons for fixing this going forward?
Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
More like 30 to 40 times...hahahaha

By the way I think i've finally figured out the ringtone issue. First I transfered all my mp3 clips to Wavs. I built a rom using 4.6RC3 with 21042 SYS but I used the old ringtone app from 4.1 but I kept the 4.6 volume control. I put all the ringtones in the My Documents/My Ringtones folder instead of in the Windows folder (i'm using the internal storage because of space reasons (works great)). Everything seems to be working great. I think it may just be the fact that song ringtones need to be in the form of WAVs. When i upgraded to 4.6.4a my S2U2 was so sluggish and sometimes it would take up to 4 seconds for my screen to turn on, the home screen would come up first then after about a half a second S2U2 would start. I always use original manila just because its simple and it works great (plus im kind of thinking that what is "supposed" to be on the phone). I was gonna give up but thank you for eveything Calcu. I was just gonna go to stock but it isn't the same.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/Pro/TP2

kski71 is becoming a great contributor

I've checked posts, posted and still no answer. Calk can u help me? My phone locks and resets whenever I listen to music and the screen goes to sleep. Dont know what to do.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:49 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Has anyone come up with a solution or explanation for the Bluetooth icon not showing up without the HTC dialer. The delay in 6.5 that the htc dialer causes has forced me to miss a couple too many important work calls. So i am going to use the stock dialer, but it's a little annoying not being able to look and see if BT is on or not.

Thoughts or solutinons for fixing this going forward?
Posted by Captain_Throwback at XDA:

Ok, so I figured out the problem with the Bluetooth icons -

There are actually TWO bmps that WM 6.5 uses to display the BT & headset icons on the Transparent home screen. One is the standard file, i.e. "BT On Mode.bmp", and the other is a background file, "BT On Mode Mask.bmp". The Mask file is the negative/transparent background of the regular file. The Mask files will need to be provided along with the other files in order for the BT top bar icons to display correctly on the standard transparent home screen. Otherwise, the system will use the previous (stock) Mask file, which cause the distorted image.

P.S. I think this might only apply for people using the HTC Dialer, since those files are found in the same package as the Phone Canvas.

As an addendum to my previous find, I believe that a side effect of anyone using the stock WM6.5 dialer along with tsowen's of 12aon's taskbars will be that the Bluetooth icon will not display in the taskbar.

The reason for this is that each of their taskbars includes phcanOverbmp.dll, which seems to override the BT icon info in the shellres.192.dll. This dll looks for the BT icon bitmaps in the \Windows folder (both the icon, and the Mask background file), and in the absence of the Mask bitmap, on the standard home screen, no icon will be displayed.

I can confirm this because I tried deleting the "Mask" bitmap files prior to cooking my ROM, thinking that it would just use the regular bitmap files, but instead, I have no BT icon show up on the top bar.

If you are not using the HTC Dialer, I recommend following tsowen's suggestion regarding the battery icons. This may also correct the BT icon issue, since I don't think those bitmaps are part of the standard 6.5 install. Someone who is using the stock dialer will have to test it, though.

So maybe its a good idea to have 2 separate taskbar versions after all - one for people using the HTC dialer (including phcanOverbmp.dll), and one for those using the stock dialer (using phcanbattery.dll). Of course, we still have to work out all the kinks, yet. But progress is definitely being made

This is the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503647
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kski71 View Post
I've checked posts, posted and still no answer. Calk can u help me? My phone locks and resets whenever I listen to music and the screen goes to sleep. Dont know what to do.
You need to change your nueDynamicClock settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom