PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 12:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 11 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flindil View Post
Me too, I'm still looking for an error free rom and Calcu's are by far the best!
On a side note, is it possible to get the original SIP that was in the original Telus rom? Grooverom has it in it and I have no problems with it and dont mind losing the bit of real estate over having to lose the first letter of every text or have garbage in my t9 bar.
Hmm... did you check any of the older TC/Ghetto kitchens? You might be able to strip it from there. I also prefer a little more finger friendly sip, so I use PCM keyboard with a bit larger skin and a custom layout that I made.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

flindil is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Hmm... did you check any of the older TC/Ghetto kitchens? You might be able to strip it from there. I also prefer a little more finger friendly sip, so I use PCM keyboard with a bit larger skin and a custom layout that I made.

thanks, I hadnt thought of that I'll give that a go but I know that as soon as people got their hands on it the old SIP was written off and forgotten about.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dkotoric is becoming a great contributor

when can we expect 4.2
Old 01-17-2009, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
So you've got voice command working in 4.0. Damn. Mine gives me an error every time I try to start it. Did you use kitchen or the premade roms?
Just 4.0 Calcu's sprint rom. It's always worked in any of the roms. You have to make sure and uncheck and check a few items in voice command before it'll work on all messages/calendar/phone calls.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

flindil is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
when can we expect 4.2

I know its tough to be patient, but Calcu is really thorough so don't be worried. He's providing a free service for us PPC users, so its a little rude to pry about how long its going to take. We will get it when hes finished
Old 01-17-2009, 03:46 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
thanks, I hadnt thought of that I'll give that a go but I know that as soon as people got their hands on it the old SIP was written off and forgotten about.
The new touch response that works with just the sip is really sweet and has kind of given new life to those old keyboards. Give it a try with that sip if you haven't already. It really helps you avoid missed keystrokes because you can tell when it doesn't vibrate.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

flindil is a n00b

Quote:
The new touch response that works with just the sip is really sweet and has kind of given new life to those old keyboards. Give it a try with that sip if you haven't already. It really helps you avoid missed keystrokes because you can tell when it doesn't vibrate.
yeah I am using snailslugs touch response 3.1 and it is really good, I don't think I am advanced enough to strip the SIP from a rom though >< I looked at all the files and I am not sure which ones to copy over? I found some ezinput dll's but I'm sure thats not all I need to grab.

Is there any way to strip the >>Sprint branding logo off the TF3d home page? If I could do that I wouldnt really care about having a sprint rom as long as it worked. I actually really like how it changes the color of everything you highlight to yellow. Green is awful and even though there are cabs to change that they only change it for manila.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:57 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
yeah I am using snailslugs touch response 3.1 and it is really good, I don't think I am advanced enough to strip the SIP from a rom though >< I looked at all the files and I am not sure which ones to copy over? I found some ezinput dll's but I'm sure thats not all I need to grab.

Is there any way to strip the >>Sprint branding logo off the TF3d home page? If I could do that I wouldnt really care about having a sprint rom as long as it worked. I actually really like how it changes the color of everything you highlight to yellow. Green is awful and even though there are cabs to change that they only change it for manila.
Wait... are you using the kitchen? What you need to do is pull the folder for the SIP that you want from the OEM folder of the other kitchen and put it in the OEM folder of Calc's kitchen before you build. It's just a matter of dragging and dropping the whole folder.

As far as removing the sprint logo... I saw a cab for that somewhere on this forum.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:03 AM
VIP Member

Here you go... I just downloaded this. I have never used or tested it because I don't use a Sprint rom, but you are welcome to try it out.

I use a program called Personalizer to change the word "Sprint" on my custom rom to my screen name.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RemoveSprintLogo.zip (679 Bytes, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

flindil is a n00b

Quote:
Wait... are you using the kitchen? What you need to do is pull the folder for the SIP that you want from the OEM folder of the other kitchen and put it in the OEM folder of Calc's kitchen before you build. It's just a matter of dragging and dropping the whole folder.

As far as removing the sprint logo... I saw a cab for that somewhere on this forum.
yeah I use Calc's kitchen but I pulled some older ones from toby and tried taking them apart. I couldnt find the SIP folders anywhere, although I just tried his oldest one. I will download a couple more and look at them.

I already searched for how to remove the sprint logo but I will try search again. Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. I've been programming phones for a year or so, starting with my P4000 but I still know just enough to be dangerous

I would just go back to the original telus stock rom and apply the updates that I like, but the biggest and best update for me is no2chems fast battery charge and that just breaks my battery meter on older roms. Maybe I'm not moving the right files for it but I can't handle charging at 450 mah now that I've gotten used to 900.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom