PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 01:11 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-22 ][ v4.1 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

I think version 4.1 does have worse battery life and I can't figure why. I cooked a 23071 w\ Rhodium dialer and just Titanium. I have only push e-mail running every four hours and weather updates using Titanium Weather every four hours also. Does anyone have a brilliant idea why? I can post my selections if needed.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue
Carrier: Sprint

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Hey guys and gals, I think my diamond is finally broken! This may not be the place to discuss this, but all my friends are here! I seem to have lost all gps ability. The programs, tt-7, live search, sprint nav, etc, don't recognize my phone as a gps device. I've hard reset twice, flashed back to shipped, including fromatting internal storage. All external gps settings are correct including setting to com4.

Anyone else had this happen and is there a fix, or am I doomed to replacing the phone? Thanks for your help!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

86gn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Hey guys and gals, I think my diamond is finally broken! This may not be the place to discuss this, but all my friends are here! I seem to have lost all gps ability. The programs, tt-7, live search, sprint nav, etc, don't recognize my phone as a gps device. I've hard reset twice, flashed back to shipped, including fromatting internal storage. All external gps settings are correct including setting to com4.

Anyone else had this happen and is there a fix, or am I doomed to replacing the phone? Thanks for your help!
There has been a lot of gps issues going around, the fix that worked for me is flashing to the newest radio that just came out a week or so ago, and then flashed to shipped and then the rom of choice. Havent had any issues since.

Let us know if that helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Thanks 86gn, reflashing the radio did the trick! This kind of help is what makes this forum so special!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

jljone0 is just getting started

I just thought I would share my solution for the "programs not closing with x/task manager is hard to get to" problem those of us on the bleeding edge of 6.5.1 have been struggling with.
Some background: I'm running a custom ROM built from calk's 4.1 kitchen using 23071 with Titanium as my only interface and CHome Editor and FDCSoft Task Manager 3.1. I haven't used Manilla in forever, and I've never used Mobile Shell, so I'm not sure if this method will translate to them.

Anyway, here's what I do: First, disable Titanium by unchecking "Windows Default" under Today Items.
Then, using CHome Editor Manual Edit Items Values, choose CClock and change SK2TEXT to "Tasks" (minus the quotes - you can actually name it anything you want, this is what will display as the right softkey when the clock is highlighted in Titanium). Then change SK2URL to "\windows\taskmgr" (again, minus the quotes - the lower case is important in the second part, as TaskMgr is a different program).*
Restart Titanium, and your right softkey on the Clock panel now gives instant access to a simple screen listing all of your running programs. To close one, just highlight it and hit the left softkey. To switch to a program, double-tap it. When you're done in the Task Manager, you can select Task Manager and tap End Task.

I've been using this a for a few days, and I actually think I like it better than the old school drop down on the home screen. Hopefully someone else will find this helpful. Also, sorry for the long-winded nature of the post, but I wanted to make sure I gave clear instructions for anyone who wanted to try this.

*You can actually directly edit the registry for the softkey entries instead of using CHome Editor. The keys you will need to change can be found under:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CClock
Change SK2URL and SK2Text as I've outlined above.

Last edited by jljone0; 10-31-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

yo calkulin, we need you in the touch pro2 upgrades forum! Do you plan on getting a tp2?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:17 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey are we going to get a treat today
Old 10-31-2009, 08:21 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
yo calkulin, we need you in the touch pro2 upgrades forum! Do you plan on getting a tp2?
only if everyone donates enough money for him to buy one. besides that he doesnt plan on buying one outright.......
Old 10-31-2009, 10:19 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
only if everyone donates enough money for him to buy one. besides that he doesnt plan on buying one outright.......
Sorry - don't understand your statement. Sounds like you are saying:

1 - he'll buy one only if he gets enough donations ( which is cool with me)
2 - he won't buy one anyway (if that's what 'outright' means).

Please clarify. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gn View Post
There has been a lot of gps issues going around, the fix that worked for me is flashing to the newest radio that just came out a week or so ago, and then flashed to shipped and then the rom of choice. Havent had any issues since.

Let us know if that helps
Thanks for this. I had the same problem and was planning on heading to the Sprint store tomorrow since flashing the shipped Sprint ROM did not fix it. I wonder what caused the GPS to be messed up and how a different radio fixes it...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom