PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SlyFox09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922V (23052.5.3.0) [UC]

I have a sprint diamond, could someone list the top 3-4 Custom Roms for the Sprint diamond . . I value Battery Life, functionality & speed (meaning NO LAG! lol) ,MMs, and appearance (white flip clock, nice tf3d icons etc.) and want to keep Mobile 6.1, I dont care much for 6.5. . . I really like how the Juicy 8 looked with the white flip clock but didnt know if the 8 would work on my sprint diamond

I currently am running Mighty Rom 4.6 and its nice but there are some things i dont like, the sprint white flip clock doesnt exactly work (highlight wont go away and wont retract)

Help please
Old 10-09-2009, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyFox09 View Post
I have a sprint diamond, could someone list the top 3-4 Custom Roms for the Sprint diamond . . I value Battery Life, functionality & speed (meaning NO LAG! lol) ,MMs, and appearance (white flip clock, nice tf3d icons etc.) and want to keep Mobile 6.1, I dont care much for 6.5. . . I really like how the Juicy 8 looked with the white flip clock but didnt know if the 8 would work on my sprint diamond

I currently am running Mighty Rom 4.6 and its nice but there are some things i dont like, the sprint white flip clock doesnt exactly work (highlight wont go away and wont retract)

Help please
Do yourself a favor and try this one ...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76053
Old 10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyFox09 View Post

Help please
this is the diamond rom forum boss, so any rom under this category will work on your diamond... try a few and see what tickles your fancy...
Old 10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash20 View Post
wrt the keyboard, i tried using the other CAB, that i hadn't used. I was previously having problems with the touch diamond kb, but i tried the touch hd and i had better success. i prefer the layout of the kb in the juicy rom, but trading it for one that doesn't freeze is a nice change for now.
Interesting, yeah, that's the one I run too. It's weird that one works and the other doesn't, I hadn't tried the other one. At any rate, anyone having text freezing issues should try this one.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ FOX ROM
Carrier: Page Plus and AT&T

explisiv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to explisiv Send a message via MSN to explisiv Send a message via Yahoo to explisiv

im patiently waiting on the bugs to be worked out, because i was blown away by the most recent build. everything worked flowless it just had its freezing thats the only downside.

I did the following and stopped the choking on my diamond. after i downloaded the rom a second time i grabbed a pagepool changer from another rom and dropped it in the folder and changed it to 24mb and its running perfectly with no hang ups!

Last edited by explisiv; 10-12-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Any chance we could get any of the following in the next build:
-dialer that has a call button (maybe the Tachi dialer?). The only way to call on the current one is to press the Diamond hard button, which at least on mine and my friend's, is really fussy and unreliable. The Tachi dialer has a nice big call button for you to click on the screen after entering the numbers.
-add the Program's tab to TouchFlo
-change the volume buttons from launching the ugly Windows Mobile volume setting back to the sleek black one that launches when you click the icon on the top, SetVolume I believe it's called
-remove Video Out and Key Lock from the Settings->System, as they don't actually point to anything
-maybe add NueBattery to allow more detailed battery readings and faster charging
-remove the wallpapers that automatically appear in \My Documents\My Pictures on a clean install, which clutter up the Photos tab of TouchFlo

Last edited by manekineko; 10-12-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ FOX ROM
Carrier: Page Plus and AT&T

explisiv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to explisiv Send a message via MSN to explisiv Send a message via Yahoo to explisiv

the fix i found with the pagepool also stops hangups with the keyboard.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

chronicseed is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to chronicseed Send a message via MSN to chronicseed

This rom looks & runs awesome except for problems with text messaging & youtube errors. Eagerly waiting for your next release
Old 10-17-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: N/A
Carrier: N/A

ntony is a n00b

juicy, when should we expect ur next release. Will it include the RTM build of winmo 6.5?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tripwalking is a n00b

yeah I love the looks but I'm going back to an older one until a newer one comes out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development