PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Update v2.7.1) 20924 is the fastest I've seen yet on a Diamond

is there somewhere good to do some reading re: porting, etc? I would love to learn how to do more so I can contribute back to this amazing community...

On a side note, I took my phone off the charger yesterday at noon. It's now 7:30am - so 19.5 hours later and I am still sitting at 61% battery! I love my phone now. Before, on the stock ROM, I took it off the charger at 7:30 and it was dead by 4....

Last edited by leanne; 11-12-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sirtronics is a n00b

I have done nothing to the phone.
I love this ROm but Ido need internet
I will recheck setting.

?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkevinli View Post
I am on Sprint and my internet works fine with this rom without changing anything. As for the keyboard, use SIPchange and set the delay to 35. I don't have any of the other problems.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
is there somewhere good to do some reading re: porting, etc? I would love to learn how to do more so I can contribute back to this amazing community...

On a side note, I took my phone off the charger yesterday at noon. It's now 7:30am - so 19.5 hours later and I am still sitting at 61% battery! I love my phone now. Before, on the stock ROM, I took it off the charger at 7:30 and it was dead by 4....
the only ones i found were rstoyguy's how-to's in the vogue development area. not sure how different it is compared to the diamond, i was able to port a few ROM's following his directions, just a little scared to try to do too much due to fear of bricking my phone. i'll post up the link when i find it

*edit* - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...19&postcount=8 [nevermind, that's not what i was thinking of, even though it is good info... i'll post back when i find it]

Last edited by SOHKis; 11-12-2008 at 12:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
VIP Member

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

here you go, it was jakdillards thread - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20550 LOOOOTS of good info here, again not sure what tweaks have to be made to apply to a diamond as opposed to the touch/vogue
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
I downloaded your ROM and it rocks, I have never seen everything I ever wanted in a rom but I have some problems.
I use Sprint.
The internet does not work?
When I reboot unit it does not hold settting (keyboard, task manger settings, etc)
Have you seen this before?
I agree... everything I need! I am on sprint and internet works fine. I had this problem when I first got the diamond. THis what you could do. Flash the stock rom, update PRL, check that the phone and internet are working. Flash one of calcu's rom and you are all set... make sure to hard reset your phone after flashing.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

New thread up for updated kitchen....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

mbord is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: (Update v2.7.1) 20924 is the fastest I've seen yet on a Diamond

I like these roms ...just installed sprint clean black clock with extras. I like it but it doesnt accept other types of clocks...like if I want to put sprint clock on it and change it. I make alot of clocks and like the sprint version that doesnt flip. I know you have sprint roms with the clock already on it...but why doesnt the other roms accept it? Plus I like that I dont have any problems with picture mail...like on other roms you have to install pic mail seperate!

Keep up the nice work

Last edited by mbord; 11-12-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

That's fixed in the new release but here's the fix if you don't want to flash again. Turn off manila and replace this file in the windows directory
Attached Files
File Type: zip ManilaToday.zip (28.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

mbord is just getting started

Does the new sprint rom black clock with extras have it in it already?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbord View Post
Does the new sprint rom black clock with extras have it in it already?

Yes it does

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development